Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (19477 Views)

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / Is It Advisable For Couples To Watch Sex Videos To Improve Their Sex Lives? / A 27-year-old Man Havingsexual Intercourse Withchicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2013
Dude, it's not just about ptivacy. Your degree of maturity and ability to make decisions are also at stake here. You will move out of your parents' home one day. Whether you like it or not and you are already overdue for that.

I left home for NYSC at 21 and except for the few months I spent when I came back, I don't know what else would have warranted me having to go stay back at my parents place.

You have to grow up. Your question is extremely absurd. No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by sansan13(m): 7:48am On May 11, 2013
Tonyblinky: I am a graduate,aged 27, I recently got a job with a govt parastatal with a salary little above 50k and I was posted to benin city where my parents live in a rented 3bedroom flat,I share room with my siblings and a few relatives.

I don't have any privacy and comfort,moreso its quite far from my workplace.I really feel like renting a small apartment where I can start my life.

Is it a nice decision and how do i convince my parents?

pls ur thoughts on this

damn!!! 27?? i guess every cultural is diff. i guess you still consider yourself a child(by the way you asked the question) you are a grown man so you should move out but first save up for 6 months, i think thats the smartest thing to do. im currently 22yrs i have my own apt place graduating from my university in 2weeks. currently have a part time job n i dont think i'll be moving back home.

Something funny-i have a uncle who is 31yrs that still call himself a boy and act like he is my age.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Zenanted(m): 8:40am On May 11, 2013
At 27 man ,u should be planning on getting married, nt leaving ur father's rented appartment.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by chuxkyadin(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2013
d truth is if u r a male no wahala but if u r female plenty wahala. husband material wil nt value u. they wil see u as......................................................?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by tunlex01(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2013
eyenCalabar:

I wonder why my post cracked u up when we are even almost on the same page here. U've forgotten how you girls' demands used to be abi? You think 50k can do that with other bills. Except he doesn't have a gf sha then he can start managing himself alone.

Even if he has a gf. Not all gf behaves dat way since she knows ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥r salary. Start ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥r life @ op
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 11, 2013
baby_123:

Rotflmao! This post cracked me up!

@OP,
You know what independence does? It makes you strive for better. Calculate the cost vs benefits of living alone and living closer to work. If it is something that favors you, and at the same time you can save then go for it. If it is something that does not, stay at home till your pay increases. If its all about jollification, take madam to a friends house or hotel. cry cry
yea I like ur point living closer to work(less transport fare) living far away wit parents (high transport fare) ma guy u are still spending d money u are trying to save my opinion is go get urself a small apartment 1room don du u jooor e nor cost #30k don get am bros u knw sayin 3yrz tym u don reach to marry so move awt and start ur own life or if u still av goods friends dey can help u by squirting in there aus for the main tym am 20 and I stay alone
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 11, 2013
greatgod2012: Sir, congratulations for your job!
You have answered all your questions by yourselves. Thank God for Efe and Jellita, they have supported you positively.
One thing i am sure of is dt you are an adult, you earn respect by being responsible for your actions, staying with your siblings is not going to earn you respect at all, there is a proverb in our tribe that says....."okeere ni omo iya ndun"(its sweeter when siblings are far from each other), so, if you want your relationship to be sweet, be at your space.
Secondly, if you think staying there will allow you to save more........na lie........once you are there, you have to be supportive and when doing that, its going to be more than what you would have spent on your own, what of when your parents want to pay for rent, wont you assist, what about your siblings, the problems they would have solved if you are not there, will probably become something they would want you to solve for them, afterall, brother dey work, he dey collect salary.
Thirdly.........your comfort and privacy nko, no amount is too much to spend on that, i tell you, its what every real adult deserves.
How to tell them........you dont need how, you only need when and d when is now or when d cash is available!
THE BENEFITS

1. You will be able to save more, you buy what you only can afford, not buying for everybody.
2. You will earn more respect from them all, including your parents.
3. Your parents will be proud of you, they will be proud that they have successfully raised you to adulthood.
4. You will enjoy your privacy and comfort, at least, everyone deserve this and you will be able to plan for your future without interruption.
5. Freedom to live your life without being questioned like a toddler.........but be careful here o....bad company corrupt good manners.
In conclusion, it is d right decision and you will not regret d day you take d decision.
May God help you as you are about going into d new phase of life.
Shalom!
bros see na woman dey advice u ooo she just said it all no just tink am twice b/cos @ 27 u are long overdue to stay wit ur parent forget abt d expenses wit time u will get promotions if u are commited in the job u are doing congrat sir
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by jamesbridget13(f): 10:10am On May 11, 2013
Welll its really up 2 u. If i may ask, what did ur present gf tell u? Since u said u dont keep them 4 long. If it were my bf, since d job is new, he has to stay back n make some savings as long as his parents re residing in the town he is working. I knw of persons that were staying in their parents house while working, they made plans, bought land n built their own house before moving out. If ur parents re in dat town, i see no reason why u wanna move out. If u were working in a different town, its quite understandable since u just got this job. All said n done, d decision is up to u to make, u knw where its aching u, suit urslf. A word is enough 4 d wise. Goodluck.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Eguonor1: 10:49am On May 11, 2013
I left my house late (exactly six days after my 27th b'day) because of cash constraints. And I left never to come back even with a meager salary of abt 50k in Benin. Though that was like 2009.
I guess u have nice parents, prolly both of them are pretty nice. Else if u got the hot loving I got from my dad u won't be asking this q'z here right now.
But besides the fear to be a man or finances, u r over due to be on your own. So man up bro and don't be lazy.

Remember I said me left my house not to come back oo. The taxi was come to pick my little property frm my parents before my folks knew I ws relocating. Am kinda a stubborn man from a stubborn man. I don't advice u do like moi' oo, but go about it nicely if thats ur set up and get it over with. Tis another challenge, tk it, conquer it, be the man!!!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by orekayode: 12:05pm On May 11, 2013
I would rule the world by the time I am 27. I m 20 ryt now and I think people often have the misconception that ur still young in ur 20s . NOOOOOO.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by iswallker(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2013
What are you still doing there..? You should 've been out at sixteen..common..
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 11, 2013
chuxkyadin: d truth is if u r a male no wahala but if u r female plenty wahala. husband material wil nt value u. they wil see u as......................................................?
una don start with una sexism again,biko......taaaa!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 11, 2013
Tonyblinky: na wa for u o,you just dey release the bombs like say I propose marriage to you,hahahaha,sincerely speaking I am working towards that now, but I ve got fears like the pay is small and I cant live a comfortable live as such,I see my job as part time cos aint satisfied with it,I am underemployed,I still search for job alot,so dont be too hard on me.
lmao cheesy the thing dey pain me rish bone ni.anyway sha gerrout of your parents house asap.thats what me i know cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by james1(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2013
Hello dude.
Rent your place and start getting used to the rest of your REAL life!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by shevon: 11:20am On May 12, 2013
I got my own place at age 26 and bought my first car shortly afterwards. You are full grown man with your life to live. If you can afford it, do you thing. Except your parents don't love you, they will stil want you to stay with them till you have all your kids and they die. Na there you wan stay marry? Grow up man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: UPDATE Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / My Son Is A Month Old Today..(pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.