Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport (5910 Views)

Arik Pilot Averts Plane Crash At Osubi Airport Warri / Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade / Ex-militants Bomb Hotel In Osubi, Okpe LGA,Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by ichomi(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2013
An aircraft belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, with registration number: 5NNOC operated by Aero Contractors yesterday overshot the runway on landing at Osubi airport in Warri, Delta State.

Vanguard gathered that there was no fatality resulting from the incident which occurred during the routine operations of the NNPC, as no passenger sustained any injury in the aircraft.

At the time of filling this report, it was not clear whether the aircraft suffered any damage.

When contacted to speak on the incident, the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, Dr. Harold Demuren, who confirmed the incident, said the incident did not involve any fatality, stressing that the aircraft only overshot the runway.

Dr. Demuren, however, pointed out that NCAA had already sent some of its officials to Osubi airport to evaluate the situation and report back to the agency.

He said: “There is no fatality at all about the incident that happened at Osubi airport earlier today. It was just that the aircraft overshot the runway. We have sent our people there already and we will get back to you soon,” he added.

Earlier, the Acting Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Mr. Tumini Green, in a statement, said the aircraft was on a routine operation to Warri when it overshot the runway at Osubi airport.

The statement said there were no casualties or injuries and that the appropriate aviation agencies had been contacted and had commenced investigations.

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by teniyi(m): 3:11am On Feb 07, 2013
Se Madam Ojuyobo dey inside?
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by sayso: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2013
ok we hear.
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by ebamma(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2013
The population of nigeria is 150million,even if them die we go still plenty
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by 9icest: 9:22am On Feb 07, 2013
The aviation industry is still tittering. Ive never felt so much fair in my entire life whenever im on board a plane within this country....
Infact, buses are safer now-days...

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 07, 2013
Am I dreaming? shocked, 2nd to comment....on my way to d church 4 thnxgiving....brb.
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by OmerianConsult: 9:24am On Feb 07, 2013
Thank God there was no casualty.
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2013
adextaiwo84: Am I dreaming? shocked, 2nd to comment....on my way to d church 4 thnxgiving....brb.
Go check your gutter network.Infact when you get to church ask your pastor for deliverance so as to cast away every spirit of almost get there syndrom

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by OluEmmaAss: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2013
Thank God for helping us avert disaster.
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Tolexander: 9:32am On Feb 07, 2013
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Xunxhine(m): 10:04am On Feb 07, 2013
Overshoot ko overbullet ni
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Scarpon(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2013
god save us
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by 1forall: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2013
The question Nigerians should be asking is:
What is the NNPC doing owning aircraft in the first place?

I would further ask:
Are the costs of purchasing and maintaining aircraft budgeted for the NNPC in the Ministry of Petroleum's budget?

If this near mishap didn't occur how many people would know the NNPC owns aircraft?

We know the who the plane belongs to they should stop trying to deceive people that its NNPC property.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by gentleoyink: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2013
1forall: The question Nigerians should be asking is:

I would further ask:
Are the costs of purchasing and maintaining aircraft budgeted for the NNPC in the Ministry of Petroleum's budget?

If this near mishap didn't occur how many people would know the NNPC owns aircraft?

We know the who the plane belongs to they should stop trying to deceive people that its NNPC property.

Make I reply this post?
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by Akinsz: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2013
teniyi: Se Madam Ojuyobo dey inside?
no na madam orporlor
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by trimandtrendy(f): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
Thank goodness there was no death,
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by sugah: 12:23am On Feb 09, 2013
1forall: The question Nigerians should be asking is:

I would further ask:

Shell/Exxonmobil owns aircrafts too. NNPC manages/maintains the aircrafts same way the other companies do.
Re: NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport by 1forall: 6:10am On Feb 09, 2013
No one has said Shell/Exxon can/do not own aircraft, they are oil companies.
The NNPC on the other hand is a government agency which merely acts as rent collector from oil companies.
It runs on an annual budget from the Ministry of Petroleum.
It provides no technical expertise.
It makes no profit.

So what is it doing owning aircraft?

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu Resigns As Minister Of Health / Kanu's "Apology" Couldn't Have Been True / Why Africa Is Technologically Undeveloped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.