Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Count Down To 2013 Lent Season - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Count Down To 2013 Lent Season (729 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Down To 2013 Lent Season by Jilo83(m): 5:32am On Feb 07, 2013
Xtians all over d world will observe dis yr lent period starting frm next week wed. 13th feb. 2013 i.e ASH WEDNESDAY. Let start cutting down d volume of our food intake, let preapare our mind 2 move closer 2 d Lord in dis 40days journey. Shallom!
Re: Count Down To 2013 Lent Season by greedie1(f): 6:55am On Feb 07, 2013
bright4423, are u crazy??
Re: Count Down To 2013 Lent Season by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 07, 2013
Jilo83: Xtians all over d world will observe dis yr lent period starting frm next week wed. 13th feb. 2013 i.e ASH WEDNESDAY. Let start cutting down d volume of our food intake, let preapare our mind 2 move closer 2 d Lord in dis 40days journey. Shallom!

Good morning Jilo,

I am grateful for the reminder. i hope we all (especially Catholics) would make use of this opportunity and return back to our Father.

Is it possible for you to help update this thread all through the duration of the lent in order for us to learn the proper way to go through this journey back to the Father?

Thanks!
Re: Count Down To 2013 Lent Season by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
Jilo83: apart frm spiritual benefits of fasting, medically fasting is good 4 ur health.

Good afternoon Jiloh,

Though advocate's intention might be backed by a total hatred for religion but his point is noted. The church teaches that minors, the elderly, those who are sick, the pregnant etc are exempt from fasting.

So it is a point of note that as we prepare for the lent season we should endeavour to do it in the proper manner and not force people to fast when they do not want to or when they are unable to.

Thank you!
Re: Count Down To 2013 Lent Season by greedie1(f): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
mod, y did u hide my post??

(1) (Reply)

What is The Mark of The Beast? / Are People Really Given A 2nd Chance After Death? / "Celebrating Chrismas Is Idolatory".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.