Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,555 members, 7,801,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War (1135 Views)

Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election / Buhari Prevented From Meeting Pope Francis After Late Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2013
• Ex-CPS recalls the late gov’s
encounter with Buhari

But for the maturity and wisdom of the late former Governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lam Adesina, Nigeria could have been plunged into a second civil war.

A former Chief Press Secretary to the late Governor, Chief Kehinde Olaosebikan, yesterday said in Abuja that a conflict between Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani would have thrown the country into another war.

He told our correspondent that a former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, had led a combative delegation of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) to meet Adesina in 2000 in his office.
According to him, “Precisely on the 13th of October, 2000, former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, in company with former Military administrator of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, had led a heavy team of Arewa Consultative Forum in a combative mood to the office of the governor in protest against the alleged killings of over 69 Fulani cattle herders in Saki Area of the state.
“General Buhari whose arrival to the Secretariat complex was preceded by scores of lorry loads of Hausa men and boys said pointedly at the executive council chambers of Oyo State that his team came to meet the governor to seek reasons why the people of Saki should not be dealt with for killing Fulani herdsmen. He did not stop at that, Gen Buhari accused Governor Lam Adesina of complicity in the killings and using his position as governor to pervert justice.
He quoted the former Head of State as accusing the former governor of shielding the culprits. According to the General, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice
and compensation for the mass killings of the Fulanis or vengeance across the country. Olaosebikan added: “As weighty, indicting and provocative as the General’s allegations were against the governor, Alhaji Lam Adesina remained unperturbed as he only fired back with his own well- coordinated arsenals in form of refined strategy, robust explanations and effective engagements.
“Lam Adesina identified all the points raised by the General and simply asked the heads of the organisations directly involved to respond.”
He quoted Lam Adesina as saying: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something, I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari
has been a former Head of State,
Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national
leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, so you can be
born anywhere, may be next time when I am coming to the world I will be born in the North or the
South South.’
He attributed the manner in which frayed nerves calmed to the level- headedness of the late governor,
thus preventing what could have led to another civil war.

2 Likes

Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by T9ksy(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
And this is the same buhari who now wants to rule Nigeria, AGAIN?

So much for detribalised buhari!!! How many scores of youth corpers did his fulani brothers sent to the great beyond in previous elections? Did we see buhari leading a combative group of men and boys to the state governor’s office seeking redress or else……….? Did we see ayatholah buhari accusing the state governor of complicity in the untimely death of these young men who were just offering their services to their fellow countrymen/women? These are the future messi, IT guru, doctors, engineers, scientists, economists ati bebelo from the southern part of the country but I guess to jihadist buhari, their lives ain’t worth him getting hot under the collar for. How many southerners did buhari’s bunch of fanatics slaughtered in their quest to have sharia implemented in their region? Still, no word from buhari but yet, he wants my (southern) vote.

Hell no!!! Let the mo.ronic mofo jihadist contest a 100 hundred times, I and my entire household will reject him, a 100 times. And I truly feel sorry for any southerner that will even contemplate wasting their vote on this glorified almajiri.

It is poignant to note that after half a century of independence, in a country with over 150million citizens, our choice of president is down to ilk of Jonathan or a dumb islamic ex-dictator.

So sad, indeed!!!! I for weep for dat contri but unfortunately, i ain't got any more tears left to waste.
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by rusep: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Resurrection of 40 labtops.
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
This is original Buhari unveiled - A hardcore tribalist masquerading as a nationalist. No wonder he shows no remorse when southerners are being slaughtered by kinsmen. . .
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by free13: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
Buhari the ethnic bigot.
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 08, 2013
@ Op, how could the usual 'disciplinary measures' to erring Oyo indegenes by the Fulani translate to civil war? SMH.
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2013
^^
Please read the story again. . .
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by 401kk: 1:58am On Apr 19, 2013
Buhari is a shameless bigot, the day he becomes president marks the beginning of our collective destruction.
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by VirginFinder: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Okoro2015:
@ Op, how could the usual 'disciplinary measures' to erring Oyo indegenes by the Fulani translate to civil war? SMH.

Ode!

Unlike the Igbos, we give the Fulanis the 'beating' of their lives whenever they trespass.

We are not Igbos who claim bliss in pain.

We'll rather play the victim even if we are the ones doing the wrecking the major havoc. Its all propaganda. All those stories you hear about Yoruba/Fulani clashes in Ogun state are one-sided.The Fulanis get badly beaten.

A Yoruba man will give you the impression that he is financially tight whereas he is very ok in reality.
It's in the DNA of the average Yoruba man.
An Igbo millionaire always appear 'richer' than a Yoruba billionaire.

The Saki guys are brave men!
Re: How Lam Prevented 2nd Civil War by 4chi: 12:26am On Oct 19, 2014
All the apostles of the Fulani irredentist should read this.! This Mallam CANNOT be trusted.

(1) (Reply)

Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime is Not Dead / Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria / FG May Extend Emergency Rule To Bauchi, Gombe, Katsina And Jigawa States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.