Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone (3018 Views)

How Did You Feel When You Made Your First Million? / Struggling To Make Money Online? FREE 30 Min. Phone Consultation That Might Help / How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by sdavirus: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2013
I'm on a mini holiday from all the work and all....so if this can garner enof interest, would try to find out time to write it.... Just incase it helps someone.
Cheers.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by lillyveezy: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2013
what is it all about?pls spill it,it might just help me.Waiting!
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by Tonjeola1(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2013
Let d cat out of d bag...
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by sdavirus: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2013
okay, gonna start writing.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by jeffizy(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2013
Anticipating...
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by sdavirus: 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Okay.... Well I'm gonna be using the months, Nov 2011-Dec 2012.... Didn't work in Jan 2012 cos of the #occupyNigeria thingy......so 13 working months.

Capital invested... Less than N1000...yeah, u heard me right. And what its about...sim registration.

Anyway, gonna try to make it short....I had been in the system earlier, worked for the company that got the contract to execute sim registration for NCC. After a while, I left, and got in contact with an etisalat distributor....we signed an agreement and he assigned a netbook to me. Why I guess it was much easier is cos I was located in PH, and found a spot in d business district to be located...which means inflated prices. You don't need to rent an office for starters, you can simply look for a good location, get 2 chairs and an umbrella...and that's good enough a start...... Say u are supplied d sim @ N70 each, u purchase 10pieces... And sell @ N200 or N150... Depending on your area.... For those that reside where its Sold N100, I am sure you would be able to get them at N40 or less... Things are just inflated in PH. Anyway, that being said... I sold mine for N300(its usually sold N200, N250 in some places, and when easycliq is scarce, people sell that for N300) ie 0818 and 0817... Easycliq sometimes as high as N400 and 0809 @ N500. As u porgress and buying in cartons... The first thing you should do is remove the more serial numbers. Some people come for special numbers, and no matter the cost, they buy it-sometimes as much as N1000... Not like 0809222222222... You wld never see that there... Somfin like 080923232322... Gotten a couple of those. Anyway, they would wanna know why its N300 when they can get it for less elsewhere.....and I simply tell them that's how I sell mine-making eye contact and looking confident... I noticed most men/ladies that can spare the change prefer the one of N500 maybe partlyt cos they feel the price its higher, and hence its better....some others just prefer old numbers... Just as everyone knows 0803 is for mtn and not having to think so much wondering which network has a number such as 0810 or 0814. Thing is I make it clear its a business and I am not working as a staff for etisalat-I stayed there most of the time, cos no one can handle ur stuff better than you. Its important to dress properly, cos I notice they take in everything... They way you speak, confidence and ur presentation. Not sure many would have bought at that price if I looked shabby or summat. I dey dress like day na me own Virgin atlantic o. So its always easier. I also noticed they buy faster when u have a "creamy" girl working for or with you... U know the guy ego thing, like they say, "not to fall hand" So if u have a Behind old lady or sister, u had better start negotiating with her.....after sometime, I wasn't satisfied with the profit...so started thinking of new ways to have the profit curve soaring higher....Then it hit me, there's the small matter of retrieving lines.... Its what I enjoy most...as funny as it may seem, some people can't be bothered to go to the office or call customer care... Well I could be bothered, so I had it taken care of... I charged at least N500, max N800, and of cos, I don't give no one no airtime, cos of the channel being used.... So say u buy d sim N70, charge N500 for it.... That's some good mulla, aint it.... A lil while again, I thought of improving.... Jumped into doing welcome backs for mtn as well... For that, I charge 800-1000... Its done for 500 or so at their office plus airtime, but same thing as with etisalat... What most people want is just good service.... Price is secondary.... And u know, its good to be honest...would get u lots of referrals.... One time, I travelled to Lag, and didn't drop ma stuff for the young guy that helps(did I mention there were 2 other people located where I was?) So they came and asked for me...they said I travelled... Well they said they aren't gonna buy until I am around... So guess I am doing somefin right. To me, the most important factor is Gods favour... I notice I have a lot of that, even if I am not the best of the christian folks....and then not to brag or anyfin, I have terrific inter-persona comm, and charisma, so that makes it easier. Always try to help as much as possible... Like I help them set up whatever it is.... You need to be conversant with all d codes, and be a bit tech savy..... If they wanna use it for their modem, bis... Etc... Nigerians appreciate effort... Many times, I get up to N1500+ a day, as per appreciation for the good service, even from men. But sometimes, I tax dem sha, which means more...but ofc, shouldn't be made to look like its because of the service rendered..... Some guys use padlock to lock their fists...so u need to lock your eyes on them. Selling E-top up helps too... At least, u can use that take care of your bis needs... For every N10000 sold, u make N500... People buys sims, dey wld need airtime for their tabs, smartphones and calls. I'm able to offload like N60000 in a month. Whatelse.... You could as well incorporate sellings tabs... Ofc, that wouldn't work if u are are located in one deeply rural area... Like I said, I was in d hub itself, so lotsa bankers, politicians, royal majesties-that come there and wanna show their small kingship, engineers, and everyday working people.... I have a friend, his mum imports loads of dem, so I display like one there.... You cld get up to 20 enquires, and someone wld open the flood gates.... Making like 20k or more on one... And ofc, u wld sell it a bit less than the price it goes for in d regular shops.... With the epileptic service provided by mtn, it means great times for etisalat...and airtel to some extent-PH, don't know which is tops in your area. Anytime there are issues, sales boom... One day in Dec, we sold over a hundred lines....many at 400 n 500. So its not out of place to pray n fast for bad network in mtn tongue
But the most profitable.... Etisalat n mtn... Have both you are sorted.

If you interested and have any questions, ask... I wld try to help as much as possible, at least, ma lil contribution to you...

No matter where u stay.... You should be able to make at least 30k.... By the way, I made on d average... About 80k per month...oh, not made... Saved I mean.... Oct-Dec last year, made close to 400k... Averaged 130k/month.... My mate located @ onne made more than 150/mnth.. On the average.... Can imagine him making over 200k/mth during the boom session. So why don't u get your lazy bum off the couch and go grind outside.... Can't wait to welcome you to the millionaires club :p
(In all humility) Funny thing is it felt like 10k when I got there....which I think I due to ma thirst for more.

I think I am done with that stuff.... Just started a new thing, and received my first payment as I started typing this. smiley

By the way, I took notice about two months after I turned 26..... Was most likey already there when I was 25... Talking about cash in hand...minus my lean assets, and total earned.

By the way m a grad... Majored in Mech Engr here in Nigeria, and have a foreign degree-a BBA.... Didn't let that allow me to think I was too good for that sorta work.

Can't wait for ma first million $$$$ I believe if you can dream it, you can achieve it....

I really hope it helps someone... Even just one person....just bless God if it does... That would do. I ended up writing much more than I hoped...oh well.

A bientot, freros et seurs. Dieu benisse.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by franel79(m): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
This is really intimidating. Laziness sometimes leaves us where we are to allow anyone else to notice that we are down and out. It takes the grace of God to shine out like you did. Thank God for you.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by Tonjeola1(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2013
sdavirus: okay, gonna start writing.
let me get ur contact pls, we ve a lot to gist, i was in ph b4, bt now in ogun.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by george31(m): 9:14am On Feb 08, 2013
Quite interesting, have always being an advocate of being enterpricing,I did a similar biz like this while I was in †̥Ɨƚє university and I had enof to spend...but working for someone over †̥Ɨƚє years has reduced the enterpreneurship spirit in me...pls send U̶̲̥̅̊я contacts to me here or text 08037133612. Thanks for this wonderful & inspiring article.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by neksummi(m): 12:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Quite an interesting post. Hope people will grasp the importance of humility and hard work.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by koksybrown: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2013
What a great story...
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by sdavirus: 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thanks guys
And @george... You can add me on bbm... If u are there...just lemme know you are from NL. 22708B66. Cheers
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by Zizibest(f): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ur enterprising spirit is infecting. Need ur help cos l intend to incorporate sim reg and sales in my biz. Also reside in ph. My email is ngozindidi@yahoo.com.
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by sdavirus: 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
Okay... No probs. Would leave u a mail in a bit. Can help you with contacts for etisalat, and maybe airtel-if my contact is still there, and also give u tips wrt mtn. Cheers
Re: How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone by Inosenduatall: 4:57am On Feb 10, 2013
@sdavirus, ur post is very inspiring. Please my mail is xclusiveed@yahoo.com. Inbox me pls i would need to ask you a few more questions concerning recharge card business. I don't reside in Port Harcourt though.

Thumbs up bro!

(1) (Reply)

Investing In Photo Lab Machine,noritsu Minilabs / Product Barcode Made Easy! / Good News For Union Bank Current/domiciliary Acct Holders With Visa Debit Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.