Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help (1654 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help by omoge(f): 4:54pm On May 02, 2006
Hello forumites,

I need help please. Two weeks ago, someone posted a topic about computer, Right now I forgot the subject, but it went on like making your computer faster or somthing like that and he also went on to say click start, run, and then type something, (i forgot what), delete everything except logout, anyone remembered something like that about 2weeks ago?

please what was it that was supposed to be typed? i have been trying to search but couldn't get it, your help will be appreciated ooo,
thanks.

Omoge.
Re: Help by Cactus(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2006
if u r lookin to keeping your computer running properly, your best bet is get blackIce or set up Smoothwall.

blackice is very powerful but you just have to be careful when u use it cos you have to know how to set up your applications from blocking and ports etc

smoothwall is a hardware firewall based on linux, very easy to setup. with either of those two, you will be fine,

blackIce - http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/sat3/ec_Main.Entry17C?SID=26412&SP=10023&CID=0&PID=253470&PN=1&V1=253470&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0
smoothwall - http://www.smoothwall.org/

regarding the start - run command , never saw the post but the command u may be looking for is REGEDIT not sure.

if you are not sure what you are looking for DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH YOUR REGISTRY
Re: Help by Ynot(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2006
Check my post on this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Browsing Your Experience! / Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc / New Ipad 2 With Wi-fi 16 Gb For N120,000, 32gb For N135,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.