Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! (5740 Views)

Low Self Esteem Signs (women) / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by Free(f): 5:06pm On May 02, 2006
What are the tell, tell, sign of a woman with low self-esteem?
Are the signs the women see different than the sign that men see?
What do you think men would say are the top 10 obvious signs.

I would say any woman who will consistently allow others to abuse her and walk over her like a doormat, has low-self esteem, because it doesn't appear that she even loves herself enough to realize that she deserves better treatment from others.

IMO there are a variety of tell-tale signs so to speak that indicates low self esteem in a woman, heck, a woman who doesn't view herself as attractive, who constantly puts herself down, and maybe others too, she doesn't think much of herself, and her self-confidence is rock bottom, she would perceived to have low self-esteem.

I'm sure the list could go and on here, but those are some of the main things that come to mind
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by Seun(m): 6:02pm On May 02, 2006
And what's the importance of knowing whether a woman has "low self-esteem" or not?

2 Likes

Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by babymine(f): 6:50pm On May 02, 2006
Hmm. Nwoke!! grin grin
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by hotangel2(f): 9:28pm On May 02, 2006
hmm nwoke, actually, i don't think that has anything to do with this. But from what u said, i think any woman that brings down another woman saying "that other woman has low self esteem", is actually the one with low self esteem.

ANyways, i think some people take "shy-ness" to be low self esteem. Some woman are just shy, and actually do not have low self esteem. Ya dig?

SOme are just reserved. And u know some just dont like the "bitch, ohh no u didn't" scene. Sometimes it has nothing to do with "low self esteem".
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by curiousNja(f): 10:48pm On May 02, 2006
No, Nwoke. A lot can be accomplished by another woman pointing out to another (in the right way) that she has low self esteem. Low self esteem manifests itself into actions that the woman pursues that are not benefiting her, as rightly mentioned. So maybe if a woman that is letting a man walk over her like a doormat gets it pointed out to her that the reason may be because she has low self esteem, then she recognises that and then she can take steps to improve on her perception of herself and go forward toward more positive, progressive behavior. e.g. Not allowing people to take advantage of her, dressing better, expressing herself better and pursuing opportunities that she otherwise wouldn't have pursued.

There is a lot one can do to improve their self esteem and it helps to point it out to someone who has that problem so they can do something about it. First thing is an awareness that you have that problem. If you are not seeing that yourself, then it helps that someone else points it out to you. Then it's up to you to something about it (hopefully) or not. Often, people w/ low self esteem already know but need help coming up with ways to improve this. Maybe the person who pointed it out to them may be just the person they need to give them ideas on how to improve.
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by Free(f): 11:37pm On May 02, 2006
I agree with the points you made, but I also feel that women who feel they need a man to be complete is my number one sign.
Attention seeking and needing lots reasurance etc can just be attention seeking I think it just depends on how far the women is willing to go for it.
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by Seun(m): 3:07am On May 03, 2006
Suppose I say, "if you see a brown woman, or a brown woman, or a light brown woman, this is a symptom of low skin whiteness". What have I achieved by grouping these 'problems' together and giving them a new name? Nothing.

Personally, I don't alow people to label me with vague, stupid terms. When I say "I'm not a Christian" people quickly want to categorize me into predefined categories so they can know which form of prejudice to manifest towards me. "Are you an atheist?" "are you a muslim?" "what do you believe in?". I always answer them in a way that prevents them from enjoying the cheap satisfaction of stamping an 'inferior' label on me.

What I am saying is that if you tell a friend of mine "you have low self-esteem", I will hunt you down and give you a devastating piece of my mind. By the time I'm finished, you would also be out of 'self esteem'. If someone is self-confident she's arrogant. If she's humble, she lacks self-esteem. Self-esteem ko, self esteem ni!

UPDATE: I don't necessarily know what I'm saying, but I know what I'm feeling. Free: apologies.
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by chinani(f): 4:07am On May 03, 2006
No, there is a definite difference in carriage and composition between someone w/ low self esteem and someone who is humble and/or shy. They are not one in the same and often are not confused.

@Nwoke
Are you saying that there is no such thing as low self esteem or that you don't think ppl should label each other?
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by mamaput(f): 7:45am On May 03, 2006
It starts in the house
Parents that raise their kids with out confidence in the House.
"You are a nothing , you can do nothing , useless, loafer, failure"
Then comes the friends and husband that dothe same.
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by babymine(f): 12:23pm On May 03, 2006
Now this thread is getting confusing.
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by beyunce(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2006
Who say's that there is noting like self esteem
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by flyKUDE(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2006
self esteem in women shows, it can't just be hidden.if you look carefully,you could see all the telltale signs in the way they talk,walk and do things
Re: The Tell-tale Sign Of Low Self-esteem Women! by SleekyP(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Is Overrated / Nayah / How To Make Your Husband Happy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.