Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (24189 Views)

Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy Award For The Third Time / Do You Think Any Nigeria Musician Can Win a Grammy? / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by minudus: 5:38am On Feb 08, 2013
The Grammy Awards have seen enough of your private parts.

In an unusually frank email to attendees of this Sunday's music-awards show, CBS has identified – rather bluntly – exactly which body parts it doesn't want to see exposed by those swanky designer outfits.

"Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered," reads the email, obtained by Deadline.com. "Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic."

The missive continues: "Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible 'puffy' bare skin exposure."

It remains to be seen how seriously attendees will take the instructions. But CBS is clearly hoping to avoid more notorious outfits – in the tradition of Jennifer Lopez's plunging Versace dress from 2000, or Lil' Kim's purple jumpsuit with seashell breast cover from 1999.

Along with obscenity, CBS is also wary of branding and politics. The network has further requested no logos on outfits and no lapel pins or other accessories indicating a commitment to a cause.

The 55th annual Grammys will air Sunday, Feb. 10, on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT) from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20658244_20671578,00.html

2 Likes

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Mynd44: 5:50am On Feb 08, 2013
Live shows = hell for television networks
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Chanchit: 6:57am On Feb 08, 2013
So America sef don dey fear indecency. Thats good, before this super stars turn the woorld into something else.

2 Likes

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by KateSpade(f): 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
misogynistic advisement

1 Like

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by tpia5: 3:40am On Feb 09, 2013
strange!!!!!!
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by ebucha: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hope Beyonce hear am. Cloth the really scratch her for body like otapiapia

5 Likes

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
OPERATION COVER YOUR PRIVATE PART(S)

view at your own risk.... chai.
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by vizboy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
grin
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by moneyhungry(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
dem wan ban Rihanna?

1 Like

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Jerrygotswagg(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
Now Americans Now want to be like Nigeria
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by jude33084(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ǧ☺☺ϑ one for the organizers I say wink smiley
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
KateSpade: misogynistic advisement

No na non-feminist advertisement tongue
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by omarky(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
Interesting!!!
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by happykidArotiba(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
d pple wey dey warn persn..hope dey too dont do it
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by jude33084(m): 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
ebucha: Hope Beyonce hear am. Cloth the really scratch her for body like otapiapia

I for like dεy with that kind person so that we go dεy play Adam and Eve tongue grin

I beg na who be Beyonce undecided
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by braine(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
Rihanna, take note; this warning is for you since you're scared of clothes.

1 Like

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by elampiro(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
It was getting too much. There was one I saw, she covered every part of her body except the most important place she ought to cover first, totally bare. Red carpet...
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
I hope i will still meet up with this awards, it's just tomorrow.

I wan charter Psquare aircraft attend. tongue

jude33084:

I for like dεy with that kind person so that we go dεy play Adam and Eve tongue grin

I beg na who be Beyonce undecided

Nah ebucha housegirl from calabar...
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by naptu2: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has imposed heavy fines on CBS in the past and it has led to expensive lawsuits. I guess they don't want to go through that again.

1 Like

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by FXKing2012(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
...people bound to go to hell
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by imeller: 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
naptu2: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has imposed heavy fines on CBS in the past and it has led to expensive lawsuits. I guess they don't want to go through that again.

Exactly
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Asis(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
Chanchit: So America sef don dey fear indecency. Thats good, before this super stars turn the woorld into something else.
na so
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by DonHummer(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
lady gaga will still do her thing...that woman don craze finish...
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Michyeddy(f): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
When a product is advertised too much...pipo get bored...so,the product changes concepts..*waiting for rihanna and mama ivy*
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by gramci: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
J Lo

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by gramci: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
Lil kim

Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Ignatio(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
But flesh baring is part of the fun and also a major attraction.
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by Machine007: 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
Please, can someone call David Mark attention to this at least he should be aware that even the Ameriacans are getting tired of indicency.
Re: CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts by yuzedo: 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
KateSpade: misogynistic advisement
Yes! Call us chauvinist pigs because we want to protect our kids from visual horror and indecency.. After all, it is selective harrassment, men wear see-through tuxedos and you don't see us admonishing ourselves innit? tongue undecided

naptu2: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has imposed heavy fines on CBS in the past and it has led to expensive lawsuits. I guess they don't want to go through that again.
Damn naptu! You a bonafide sage I tellya! Thanks jare.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Top Gospel Songs That Should Top Your Playlist This Yuletide / Download Old And Fresh Nigeria Songs All For Free / LYRICS: Vector – Gunshots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.