Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo (655 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo by Hadeyeancah(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2013
Why Do Yoruba People
Have Low Facebook
Name Self Esteem-
Kemi Olunloyo
Kemi Olunloyo again,Here is what she wrote;
Nigerians really irritate me on
Facebook when they alter their
names into these eyesore names.
As a member of the Community
standards team at Facebook, u
are not allowed a fake name.
Many Nigerians in the Yoruba
tribe where I am from,
disgustingly alter the spellings of
their names to horrible
proportions. These beautiful
African names are defaced due to
lack of self esteem. I reported 10
last week on FB and they were
told to produce ID before their
pages could be re-opened. They
got mad at me. I clearly warned
them beforehand. Even ppl with
other fake nicknames need to be
reported if you see them without
a real name. I don't see this trend
in other tribes in Nigeria. #SMH
My full name is Olukemi Omololu-
OlunloyoSpelled like a eyesore is
Holukehmi Hormololoo-
Howloonlawyour

This woman again, though it's really doesn't speak
well. But people have a
right to their own lives no
matter ow stupid they
chose to live it.
What did you think about this? Is she right or not?
Re: Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo by Anyi3(m): 11:58am On Feb 08, 2013
that H-factor stuff irritates the heck outta me
Re: Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
Anyi.:
that H-factor stuff irritates the heck outta me
Me too.
Re: Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo by Tolexander: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
Facebook is a social site. When one talks about any social gathering, it doesn't mean you need being official or try following any formal protocol concerning your name, address, profile or the modus operandi of their characters. One is free to write his name anyhow and act anyhow so far it doesn't violate the rules and regulation binding the handlers and also the action that is against the sociality and relationship with his other colleagues or anybody emotionally, psychologically and morally on the social site.
The 'defaced' name may be for security reasons now. Or is facebook a site for formal and official matters in which you must be formal and official with every detail?
The OP falls prey of argumentum ad ignorantium, hasty conclusion, hasty generalization for saying the act is peculiar to the yorubas. What does she know about other tribes? what does she understand about their alphabets, names and the alphabetic characters of their names?
Re: Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo by Acidosis(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
You're on point ma....

(1) (Reply)

SAME SEX MARRIAGE: Norway's First Lesbian Pastor Quits / What Is "Sunday" Called In Your Native Language? / The Prince Is Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.