Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142396 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Get an afterlife!

and you do have a life? apart from tithe scams and hell videos?

You need your advise more than anybody i know

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Tithe teachers rob youth of their college funds

Judas said that to Mary in John 12. Satan has no new tactics.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Those who teach the monetary tithe have a group of followers.

Sadly, they that follow the tithe teachers are gullible and ignorant of what the Scriptures say.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Those who teach the monetary tithe have a group of followers.

Sadly, they that follow the tithe teachers are gullible and ignorant of what the Scriptures say.

I know that most of you (anti tithers) are here on a mission. Who knows the type of pact you made with satan to be running such an errand for him? undecided
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Creflo Dollar; God-Robber

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Tithes and Offerings
February 6, 2013.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).

Today there is much talk of financial security. The biblical formula in today’s verse, given to Israel, but applied to all, begins with a scathing indictment. "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" (v. 8 ). What a terrible thing, to rob God. The result of their thievery, in God’s eyes: "Ye are cursed with a curse" (v. 9), such that their financial state was much worse than it would have been had they been obedient. This teaching and promise has not been rescinded (Luke 6:38; 1 Corinthians 16:2; etc.).

God’s charge to us as given in today’s verse is in three steps. First, we are told to obey; i.e., "bring ye." This cannot be considered an option. Secondly, God proposes a test. "Prove me," He says, give and see if He lives up to His promises. Thirdly, trust His promise to meet our needs.

Note that His promise is also threefold. It abundantly covers present needs, for He promises to "pour you out a blessing" unmeasurable in quality or quantity. Likewise, it covers the threat of future loss. "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field" (v. 11). Most precious is His promise to reward obedience and trust with a special relationship: "All nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land" (v. 12).

Thus we see that with less than 100 percent of our income at our disposal, we will have greater financial security than if we had kept it all to ourselves, thereby robbing God. JDM

For more . . . .

Who is the robber here? undecided
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I know that most of you (anti tithers) are here on a mission. Who knows the type of pact you made with satan to be running such an errand for him? undecided
we've made no pact with satan. We preach the Word of God. There is no command to tithe money in the Word of God.

An enemy planted the seed called monetary tithe requirement in the garden of your vain imagination and you chose to nurture that seed even though it is not supported by Scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The priests and the Levites operating the temple in Jerusalem.....Nothing to do with a blood bought child of God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

John Morris, like you, mishandles the Word of God. Twisting the fact that FOOD was tithed into the false doctrine of a monetary tithe.

You, like Morris and other monetary tithe teachers, add to the Word of God, when you make Malachi's rebuke and admonition to the priests of Israel to tithe FOOD, a tithe of money for other nations
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Rex Torshen meets with his Board of Deacons to discuss possibilities of acquiring more revenue for his pockets...

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

we've made no pact with satan. We preach the Word of God. There is no command to tithe money in the Word of God.

An enemy planted the seed called monetary tithe requirement in the garden of your vain imagination and you chose to nurture that seed even though it is not supported by Scripture.

And you expect me to trust you? shocked

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And you expect me to trust you? shocked
trust the Word of God. You'll not find one instance of a command for a monetary tithe in it.

Produce a Scripture that proves me wrong, and I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

trust the Word of God. You'll not find one instance of a command for a monetary tithe in it.

Since monetary tithe is your headache why don't you then take your goat to church? cool

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
I don't have a goat. Nor do I have any farm animals.

Put ye on the Lord Christ... Thy unclothedness is showing.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds: trust the Word of God. You'll not find one instance of a command for a monetary tithe in it.

Hi Brother, sorry to interfere, May i suggest OLAADEGBU is ignored as he is not operating in the spirit of Christ.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

Hi Brother, sorry to interfere, May i suggest OLAADEGBU is ignored as he is not operating in the spirit of Christ.
smiley
I truly believe Ola's conscience is seared and he will not receive the truth

I pray for all those he deceives with his teaching. They needto allow Scripture to speak.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

This is another attention seeker looking for his prey. You better tell your brothers in crime to clear off this thread as you all operate under the spirit of antichrist.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is another attention seeker looking for his prey. You better tell your brothers in crime to clear off this thread as you all operate under the spirit of antichrist.
I agree, Olaadegbu. YOU are another attention seeker looking for your prey. You'd better tell your brothers in crime to clear off this thread as you all operate under the spirit of antichrist.

Glad you finally admitted to that.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

I agree, Olaadegbu. YOU are another attention seeker looking for your prey. You'd better tell your brothers in crime to clear off this thread as you all operate under the spirit of antichrist.

Glad you finally admitted to that.

You need God in your life: ==> www.needGod.com
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
I already have God in my life.

I see your problem. You are looking on the internet to find God when you should be looking in the Bible instead.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You need God in your life: ==> www.needGod.com

"Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that temptations to sin will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!" - Luke 17:1

^^^^

A note of warning to you 'Pastor' OLAADEGBU.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Let Them Alone

"Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone" (Hosea 4:17).

The Lord is long-suffering, and those who speak in His name should be also. There do come times, however, when further witness becomes useless or even harmful, or when continued interaction merely invites contamination with ungodliness. In such cases we must simply leave such people alone, following them with prayer and trusting God alone to deal with them.

Such was the ten-tribe nation of Israel, led by the tribe of Ephraim, just before God sent them into Assyrian captivity. God, through the prophet Hosea, told Judah henceforth to let them alone--they were hopelessly given over to pagan evolutionist idolatry. The words "joined to" in today’s verse mean, literally, "under the spell of."

The Lord Jesus used similarly harsh language in reference to the hypocritical Pharisees of His own day: "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch" (Matthew 15:14).

There are other similar warnings. Of those who come, "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof," Paul says, "from such turn away" (2 Timothy 3:5). He has also warned us to "shun profane and vain babblings |that is, the empty philosophizing of those who reject God|: for they will increase unto more ungodliness" (2 Timothy 2:16). "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Ephesians 5:11).

Most, if not all, such warnings seem in context to apply especially to people who once knew and understood the truth, perhaps even professing to accept it for a time, and then knowingly rejected it. When such men oppose our testimony, God says to let them alone; He can deal with them better than we. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Let Them Alone

"Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone" (Hosea 4:17).

The Lord is long-suffering, and those who speak in His name should be also. There do come times, however, when further witness becomes useless or even harmful, or when continued interaction merely invites contamination with ungodliness. In such cases we must simply leave such people alone, following them with prayer and trusting God alone to deal with them.

Such was the ten-tribe nation of Israel, led by the tribe of Ephraim, just before God sent them into Assyrian captivity. God, through the prophet Hosea, told Judah henceforth to let them alone--they were hopelessly given over to pagan evolutionist idolatry. The words "joined to" in today’s verse mean, literally, "under the spell of."

The Lord Jesus used similarly harsh language in reference to the hypocritical Pharisees of His own day: "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch" (Matthew 15:14).

There are other similar warnings. Of those who come, "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof," Paul says, "from such turn away" (2 Timothy 3:5). He has also warned us to "shun profane and vain babblings |that is, the empty philosophizing of those who reject God|: for they will increase unto more ungodliness" (2 Timothy 2:16). "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Ephesians 5:11).

Most, if not all, such warnings seem in context to apply especially to people who once knew and understood the truth, perhaps even professing to accept it for a time, and then knowingly rejected it. When such men oppose our testimony, God says to let them alone; He can deal with them better than we. HMM

For more . . . .
prayers will do you no good as long as you continue teaching the false doctrines you espouse.

Psalms 66:18 (KJV) 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:

Job 35:13 (KJV)
Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.

Isaiah 59:2 (KJV)
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

How about offering collection, is it also a sin? cool
YES SIR, ITS A SIN. Christ gave the best n only acceptable offering when he died on the cross 2000yrs ago. It was adequate n was accepted, so, if u give offering appart from ur body n the fruits of ur lips YOU ARE COMMITING SIN! What we give in church is NOT 'OFFERING' but 'collections' and contributions. Repent n stop this fraud called tithe. Stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 8:21am On Dec 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That's true . The problem is that those who are influenced by Satan this way would not even know. "They will wear out the saints "

. . .and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws. . .

Jesus says it will get to a time that those who persecute you will feel they are doing God service.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

That's true . The problem is that those who are influenced by Satan this way would not even know. "They will wear out the saints "

. . .and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws. . .

Jesus says it will get to a time that those who persecute you will feel they are doing God service.

Lol.

Persecuted while stealing the money of poor sheep , wonders will never end.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Two things disturb me about the modern monetary tithe doctrine:

1. That a man who supposed to know God's will for the Church would preach it despite the fact that it has no Scriptural support whatsoever.
2. That the saints in the pews aren't reading the Bible for themselves and discovering that the preacher is attempting, and succeeding with some, to extort money from them.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
DrummaBoy: I am inviting Mark Miwerds and OLAADEGBU to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-mark-miwerds-olaadegbu-theological#19947030

Olaadegbu we are still waiting for you on that thread. Mark has agreed to the discuss.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, this thread just dey increase the number wey dey my followed topics back. The rate it is going, it is turning hilarious oh.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Candour(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
Image123: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, this thread just dey increase the number wey dey my followed topics back. The rate it is going, it is turning hilarious oh.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

See me laughing with you. Its already very hilarious indeed.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

See me laughing with you. Its already very hilarious indeed.
You no wan laugh with me before? Laugh oh, its better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.