Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142365 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
debosky:

Ola's thesaurus - the gift that keeps on giving. cheesy cheesy

Melchisedek tithing according to the 'principle' of Malachi which is under the law. cheesy cheesy

Here comes our fallacious debosky. cheesy

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Tim 3:16)
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
PastorKun:

grin grin grin

Don't be a pettifogger. tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
trustman:

It clear to any follower of the thread the one who being cunning or outrightly skewed in his thinking.
The guy asked a simple question:
:

And your answer was:

How does this answer the question? Except you just want to keep the thread running! Abi?

Since you know the answer to his question why don't you go ahead to answer it?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by scarletdp(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Oh people should go to bed about this abeg.. if u want to pay tithe, pay, if u dont do not, its not by force and we are not under the law of giving but giving from free will. if u go to church n u wanna freely give 5k or 100k fine, its not a must anymore, Abraham paid a tenth from the spoils of the war to melchizedek, not from all he had, and in hebrews d bible said because of levi was in his loins wen he did that, the levites where commanded under the law to collect a tenth and to even collect from d oda decendants of abraham. so if u r nt a levite or from d levetical priestly order, u have no business collecting a tenth and paul also said further that if dat priestly order ws perfect der would have bin no need for anoda, but since another had to come, so also the law has to change, noone is commanded to collect a tenth anymore, we are to give freely just as abraham did to melchizedek who is a high priest born from a tribe with no priestly lineage jst as Christ was born from a tribe of no priestly lineage... hebrew 7 vs 1-26.

today prosperity churches are turning tins upside down, and all we find in our churches today are rich people who look upon themselves as blessed and take upon dia abundance as proof of their spiritual condition, making the poor feel their deficit is also a proof of their low spiritual condition but blv me there is no correlation btw how much u serve God and how much money u must have.

Christ spoke about money during his tym but it was always with a warning, not an assurance of what u will get if u follow him.

someone tells u if u pay tithe or give God money u will get more, or if u dont u will somehow loose all u have, jeeezzzz u dont give cz u expect somethin better or cz u expect somethin of the same, u giv cz that is d right tin to do.

in gen 14 vs 22 d king wanted to give abraham the remaing 9/10 from d war bt abraham rejected it, if it ws our present time it would hv been seen as 'Oh i gave a tenth God hs given me more

and before u continue to wrongly quote malachi 3 for me 'can a man rob God'... i will leave u with this, The only human in the bible that is called our father n we r called his descendants is Abraham, but malach 3 from vs 6 says You descendants of Jacob....
and Jacob's descendants r d levites whom God commanded thru moses to also pay a tenth from the tithe dey get from the ppl of israel Numbers 18 vs 26

everyone should give jst as he has planned in his heart, not grudgingly or LAWFULLY for God loves a cheerful giver 2cor 9vs 7

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Since you know the answer to his question why don't you go ahead to answer it?

The question was to you, my friend. The question was to you. Of course since you copy and paste you may be unable to truly answer.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
@ Ola, Jesus is coming o! Repent, tithe collection is stealing. Jesus, Peter,Paul John etc did not collect tithe. Stop this fraud.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What about tithing before the Law? Is that not in the Bible?
what law? there are many laws in the Bible. the 10 commandments are laws, the Jewish traditional laws are also there which tithing was one of them
I am a Yoruba guy, if i should go and make laws of tithe payment in our Yoruba land and ask the jews to come and pay, will they pay?
why are we putting ourselves in the boundage of other people tradition in the name of religion?

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Here comes our fallacious debosky. cheesy

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Tim 3:16)

All scripture or pick-and-chooseism? Do you wear clothes made with multiple fabrics? Do you take your wave offerings and heave offerings to the accepted locations and offer them?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
trustman:

The question was to you, my friend. The question was to you. Of course since you copy and paste you may be unable to truly answer.

You don't have to be a poltroon. lipsrsealed
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
christemmbassey:

@ Ola, Jesus is coming o! Repent, tithe collection is stealing. Jesus, Peter,Paul John etc did not collect tithe. Stop this fraud.

Stop the ingannation! angry
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
paxonel:

what law? there are many laws in the Bible. the 10 commandments are laws, the Jewish traditional laws are also there which tithing was one of them
I am a Yoruba guy, if i should go and make laws of tithe payment in our Yoruba land and ask the jews to come and pay, will they pay?
why are we putting ourselves in the boundage of other people tradition in the name of religion?

Why should you pay when you don't consider yourself to be a child of Abraham? undecided
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
debosky:

All scripture or pick-and-chooseism? Do you wear clothes made with multiple fabrics? Do you take your wave offerings and heave offerings to the accepted locations and offer them?

Don't be bodacious. All ceremonial laws, types and shadows have been fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ. Tithing was practised before the Law as Melchisedec received it from Abraham who gave out of honour and appreciation to God. Jesus Christ receives our tithes because He is equally our High priest after the order of Melchisedec. Your tithes and offering will only be acceptable to the High Priest when you give willingly and cheerfully as Abraham did.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why should you pay when you don't consider yourself to be a child of Abraham? undecided
no, every Christian is a child of Abraham in the spirit, not in physical. because the justification (the aim ) of the crucifixion of Jesus christ which made us the spiritual decendants of Abraham is something purely spiritual
physically, the jews are decendants of Abraham but we are not, we are only spiritual decendants so let the jews continue to pay,.tithe payment is physical just like any other payment or transaction in banks, it is their traditional law
we are Yoruba, igbo, hausa etc
i don't know if understand me

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
paxonel:

no, every Christian is a child of Abraham in the spirit, not in physical. because the justification (the aim ) of the crucifixion of Jesus christ which made us the spiritual decendants of Abraham is something purely spiritual
physically, the jews are decendants of Abraham but we are not, we are only spiritual decendants so let the jews continue to pay,.tithe payment is physical just like any other payment or transaction in banks, it is their traditional law

That is prolix. The question is; are you a child of Abraham or not? undecided

"And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
paxonel:

You are right on point. This is what we mean by rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29).

"heirs according to" what? "the promise" Which promise? Melchizedek promise? Abrahamic promise? Land grant promise? Which one? Pre-law, post-law?
So it's not just enough to quote a passage. Rightly interpret it, then you can rightly apply it or know how to use it.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
trustman:

You are right on point. This is what we mean by rightly dividing the word of truth.

Nescience is not a virtue.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
trustman:

"heirs according to" what? "the promise" Which promise? Melchizedek promise? Abrahamic promise? Land grant promise? Which one? Pre-law, post-law?
So it's not just enough to quote a passage. Rightly interpret it, then you can rightly apply it or know how to use it.

Here's another verse for you to crack:

"The Lord has sworn, and will not repent, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4).

Who is this everlasting priest after the order of Melchizedek?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 11:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Here's another verse for you to crack:

"The Lord has sworn, and will not repent, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4).

Who is this everlasting priest after the order of Melchizedek?
The epistles NEVER once mentioned anything about The Feast of Tabernacles. And this was a very important feast under the old covenant.  What can this absence of mention of it tell us? Simply this: it is no longer a requirement for the spiritual life under the new covenant. The same applies to tithing. If tithing were as compulsory as many preachers are leading a lot of members of the body of Christ to believe then the new testament epistles would have stated it     What was important was stated - 2Corinthians 9:7 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." Any teaching outside of this is deception, coercion and outright evil.
shocked cool shocked kiss

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

in otherwords, if you be not in christ then you are not Abrahams seed, whether you are a jew or gentile
does that make the jews not Abraham's seed in the real (physical ) sense? no
I think it is straightforward enough to understand, except you can't think
i know that the average Nigerian Christian don't think when they read Bible, all they want to see in the Bible is the one their pastors told them in church, it is affecting them negatively and making the kingdom of God unattractive in general, they don't know

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Sep 04, 2014
trustman:

The epistles NEVER once mentioned anything about The Feast of Tabernacles. And this was a very important feast under the old covenant.  What can this absence of mention of it tell us? Simply this: it is no longer a requirement for the spiritual life under the new covenant. The same applies to tithing. If tithing were as compulsory as many preachers are leading a lot of members of the body of Christ to believe then the new testament epistles would have stated it     What was important was stated - 2Corinthians 9:7 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." Any teaching outside of this is deception, coercion and outright evil.
shocked cool shocked kiss

What do you know about how the Feast of Tabernacles apply to us in the NT? Don't you know that the OT and NT in the Scriptures are closely linked? How do you expect to understand the whole truth of Christianity without the OT? As children of Abraham we do NOT Hebrewnise the NT, but we Christianise the OT. This is because only through Jesus Christ the OT can be understood properly. Jesus Christ is "The Word" that became flesh (John 1,14), and "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together" (Colossians 1,17).

And who said tithing is compulsory? Is prayer, praise and worship compulsory? Even salvation is not compulsory it's up to you to decide whether you want to worship God or not. If you are to worship God do it wholeheartedly as Abraham did. Honouring God will all your substance without complaining.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35am On Sep 04, 2014
paxonel:

in otherwords, if you be not in christ then you are not Abrahams seed, whether you are a jew or gentile
does that make the jews not Abraham's seed in the real (physical ) sense? no

I think it is straightforward enough to understand, except you can't think
i know that the average Nigerian Christian don't think when they read Bible, all they want to see in the Bible is the one their pastors told them in church, it is affecting them negatively and making the kingdom of God unattractive in general, they don't know

You fall into the category of people Jesus was talking to in the following verse:

"They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them. If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham" (John 8:39-40)

Now compare that to what Paul said of Abraham:

"And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised" (Romans 4:12).

So, if you don't walk in the steps of Abraham we should question your claim in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 6:05am On Sep 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You fall into the category of people Jesus was talking to in the following verse:

"They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them. If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham" (John 8:39-40)

"And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised" (Romans 4:12).

So, if you don't walk in the steps of Abraham we should question your claim in Christ.

Again when one says rightly interpret the word you get off. NOTE that portion did not just say 'walk in the steps of Abraham'. It says 'walk in the steps OF THAT FAITH of our father Abraham'. The two are not the same. Right interpretation leads to right application.
Wrong interpretation, wrong application.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2014
sorry, i do not fall into that category o accuser of the brethren. it was the jews that fell into that category because they refused to believe that Jesus was the Messiah, if they had believed,they wouldn't have seek to kill him
i believe in Jesus, I'm a Christian therefore i am saved.
you can see now that your claim that i fall into that category do not follow (a fallacy known as non sequito )
talking about circucision have you read Galatians 5:6?
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
we are in Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity )so circumcision does not matter again
may be you are a follower of Abraham (you are in Judaism, not in Christianity ) that is why you lay so much emphasies on this circumcision thing
i want to advice you join Christianity for your salvation @olaadegbu

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be bodacious. All ceremonial laws, types and shadows have been fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ. Tithing was practised before the Law as Melchisedec received it from Abraham who gave out of honour and appreciation to God. Jesus Christ receives our tithes because He is equally our High priest after the order of Melchisedec. Your tithes and offering will only be acceptable to the High Priest when you give willingly and cheerfully as Abraham did.

So why practice ceremonial the law of taking tithes to the storehouse in the ceremonial temple?

Confuzzled pick-and-chooseist. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
trustman:

Again when one says rightly interpret the word you get off. NOTE that portion did not just say 'walk in the steps of Abraham'. It says 'walk in the steps OF THAT FAITH of our father Abraham'. The two are not the same. Right interpretation leads to right application.
Wrong interpretation, wrong application.

Are you saying Abraham was carnal when he paid tithes to Melchizedek, priest of the Most High?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
paxonel:

sorry, i do not fall into that category o accuser of the brethren. it was the jews that fell into that category because they refused to believe that Jesus was the Messiah, if they had believed,they wouldn't have seek to kill him
i believe in Jesus, I'm a Christian therefore i am saved.
you can see now that your claim that i fall into that category do not follow (a fallacy known as non sequito )
talking about circucision have you read Galatians 5:6?
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
we are in Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity )so circumcision does not matter again
may be you are a follower of Abraham (you are in Judaism, not in Christianity ) that is why you lay so much emphasies on this circumcision thing
i want to advice you join Christianity for your salvation @olaadegbu

Was Abraham circumcised when he was counted righteous by God?

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust" (John 5:45).

It is flapdoodle to claim to believe the NT without also believing the OT.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
debosky:

So why practice ceremonial the aw of taking tithes to the storehouse in the ceremonial temple?

Confuzzled pick-and-chooseist. cheesy

debosky the sophist, at it again. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
;grin
OLAADEGBU:

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust" (John 5:45).

ahahahaaahaah! you dey make me laff, i beg i nor get your time again, see your argument
ahahaahaaaahaa grin
OLAADEGBU:

ahahahaaahaah! you dey make me laff, i beg i nor get your time again, see your argument
ahahaahaaaahaa
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
debosky:

Olaaaaaaaa, your grammar wan wound me oh, lol.
Debo, are you implying that those scriptures are not divinely inspired?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
Image123:
Olaaaaaaaa, your grammar wan wound me oh, lol.
Debo, are you implying that those scriptures are not divinely inspired?

Not at all - all I'm doing is exposing Ola's selective application of 'all scriptures are divinely inspired' - why abide by Malachi tithe+curse ostensibly for maintenance of the priesthood/support of the ministry and ignore wave offerings and heave offerings?

Why pick-and-choose and not apply all? Is the Malachi scripture more inspired than the one about fabrics?

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (141) (Reply)

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.