Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? (12226 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by jhydebaba(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
Okay, I remembered a school bus driver who drank paraga (local gin) like water. He actually slept off this fateful day, thank goodness I was by his side and fully at alert. Immediately, he left his lane, I looked at his face and calmly tapped his lap. He quickly opened his eyes and maneuver the steering. Thank goodness, we missed the oncoming vehicle narrowly.
Sumbori shout hallelujah

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by delors(m): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
If your answer is yes, then I guess you are posting this comment on Nairaland from either heaven or (definitely) hell...because God self nor go allow u enter heaven...
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by dammytosh: 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Still dozzed off 2day on my way from island. Thanks to one pop corn i av sworn never to eat dt came 2 my rescue.

Life in Lag is kinda stressful to make ends meet if u can not sing like tuface or u no get swag like dbanj grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by naijateamhost: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
[size=20pt]lol, Sleeping while driving, is like Writing Jamb and sleeping[/size]
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by delors(m): 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
mosho2good: I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it

sumbori shaut alaluya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

U be correct morafoka o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by naijateamhost: 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
lol, Sleeping while driving, is like Writing Jamb and sleeping
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by yuzedo: 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
mosho2good: I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it
grin grin grin

Have felt very sleepy behind the wheel coming back from work and almost dozed. But mehn, my subconscious no dey gree.

Last week though, was on Kingsway Road Ikoyi minding my business in small traffic when I heard GBOA and got thrown forward with such force! The seatbelt was the only thing that restrained me from head/chest trauma and impact with steering or windshield. Someone had rammed into me from behind.. I got out like WTFFF?!?! And he seemed so morose! ƪoƪ! Looked at my car, miraculously, no damage, the man and his companion were begging, he was like "I won't lie to you I slept off".. I felt such empathy.. And seeing as there was little damage, I decided not to bîtch or give unnecessary lecture. Just patted him and drove off. He is lucky I drive a srong car. If na all these plastic bumper honda, kia or toyota, that 60second sleep would have cost him more than N60,000.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by azimibraun: 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
If u hd slept off while driving am danm sure u wnt even wnt 2 remember it let alone laugh or joke abt it.. It happens 2 u once and 2 occur afterwards.. U die as a result of d accident dt wll happen or u gt terriblly disfigured and the d 2nd tin is u wll never be confident driving long distance again cos it wll continue 2 hunt u as if it wll happen again. I had slep off b4 and its a bad experience.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by LeJeun3: 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Lagos-Ibadan expressway has its fair share o......!

Mine was in 2011, was delivering a truck load of water to Ibadan, slept off for a twee moment..........I battled with the steering for about 5mins, the sleep dispersed after.

Thank God for life.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by 2legit2qwt: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
cry
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by 2legit2qwt: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
shocked shocked I can't believe I typed that epistle, oh well I guess I'm still traumatized embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Denn(m): 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yes. I simply pull over, enusre the doors are locked and AC on,seat reclined and I take a power nap.

My senior colleague was involved in an accident while coming from a night vigil. Rammed into the back of a volkswagen transporter bus (faragon) and sent all four rear passengers to the hospital. He was not with his seat belt and crashed into the steering wheel and had glass cuts. Spent his whole salary on repairs and hospital bills.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by saaedlee: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
During ma first long distance;from Yenagoa to Ahoada
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by adeshsam(m): 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
It happen to me during traffic hold, i thnx God am in the traffic . Oluwa e se ooo
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
I remember some years back while in Lag, on my way back from work I was with my colleague who happened to be the one driving. While in traffic on 3rd mainland bridge she slept off while driving. Later same day close to St Agnes Maryland, while in traffic she slept off as well again. I think it is high time our government make our highways safe for road users. Sometime last week I drove with a friend on a highway to Brussels from Liege and I noticed that each time we come close to the white marking on the sides of the high way the car makes a loud disturbing sound. The sound is so loud that even if you are sleep you will wake up. Those things were fitted on those white line to prevent drivers from sleeping off and vying off the road. I wish our government should come up with something similar more especially on our inter-city roads, I believe it will save a lot of lives.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Etumgbe(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
One day I was waiting for the traffic light to show green and I slept off only to wake up in lastma office

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by DisGuy: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
na wa o, with the the potholes wey dey road??
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by VIO1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
i slept off while being stopped by the traffic lights in ikeja area, while still sleeping d green light shows up and without my knowlegde d conductor of d commuter bus beside my car hit d roof of my car shouting some words in yoruba while d other cars behing were honking... oh boy see d embarrassment
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by fuckluv(f): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
grin grin grin
U try small but is ur car a man? grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by aAK1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mine was not sleep.I was awake but could not tell how I drove from point to point
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by braine(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Etumgbe: One day I was waiting for the traffic light to show green and I slept off only to wake up in lastma office

hahaha.. Lmao! .... I really can imagine the scene.. You'd be like "wtf?".
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by mejai(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
D last tym I did such, I woke to find myself like dis

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by metti(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
shocked tongue
Liar!!!
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by ozodimgba(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
My exprience about sleeping on the wheels was actually not me doing the sleeping but my cousin brother. He was driving with me in the passenger's side while we were going for a police case, in a town just within my state. We were discussing while he was driving until all of a sudden, i noticed he was not responding but u know i was facing my front. Before I knew what was happening our car was heading towards a gutter by the left side of the road. It was then i took my time to look @ him and behold, he had fallen asleep. God was so kind, there was no vehicle close to ours in the front nor @ the back. So i held the steering with one hand turning it slightly to the right while i used the other hand to tap him slightly and then he woke up, we were already off our track. So we stoped and we both came down from the car, urinated and we continue our journey, no more sleeping things. I thank God shaa.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by kaslaw: 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Wit mah bus drivin mah passengers 2 market 1 cold mornin i told dem i want 2 sleep but dy refuse dy want 2 be in d market b4 i knw it dy started story so dat i dont sleep we were gistin in a twinkin of an eye i slept off an ran into a car b4 1 of dem tapped me nd i woke up it was a nervous experience learn nt 2 be hurry nd gistin cant stop u 4rm sleepin 10 mins sleep is ok nd u are fyn
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by wy2000(m): 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yeah, yesterday. Lucky though, no scratch on me. But car bashed a bit.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by komek(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
OP, u just reminded me of what happend to me on that same 3rd mainland bridge. I was given a new assignment on the Island , becos of the traffic situation on the Island, I tried living very early. And again, I was not used to the Island. On this fateful day, I noticed I was feeling weak on that bridge, before I cud say jack, I was very close to jumping into the Lagoon. .
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Oballer: 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
yEAh..It happened to me last week. i was driving towards ikorodu. i studied over night cos i had exams and set out around 5:30am...i was turning a bend towards one of the bridges being renovated by CCICC when i woke up and realized i had dozed off....I had to park immediately..bought Orbit from the hawkers on the road and had to just go jejeli
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by hakunamatata1: 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
i dont sleep wwhile driving. I rather drive in my sleep!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by gwas(m): 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
I keep telling people that speeding is not the main course of accident, but driving absent-minded. Just imagine the number of people that sleep off while under a steering? This is deadly risky!
Nevertheless, whenever I find myself having such feeling, I park the car and sleep wherever.
Still better than taking that dangerous risk.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Psaalmuel(m): 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Thread don turn tew testimony chapel..even dose dt aven't touchd a car steerinq drpd dierz..*wtf
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by LeJeun3: 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
saaed_lee: During ma first long distance;from Yenagoa to Ahoada
U go fear long distance na....... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Exempts Petrol Tankers, Trucks From Daytime Restriction / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users / Mercedes Benz Is Most Googled Car Brand In Nigeria. See That Of Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.