Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (16044 Views)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ono(m): 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
When I read this entry by Jarus, I paused for a while to reflect on all that he wrote about Siasia. I looked at the whole write up from a different viewpoint.

- What would happen to the Nigeria of our dreams if all Nigerians can cultivate the Siasia habit - discipline, punctuality, respect for others, professional touch etc etc?

- What would happen to Nigeria if our leaders can emulate Siasia's sterling qualities (which we're reaping from today) and decide to punish offenders, looters, thieves and corrupt members of the society, show them the way out, tell the godfathers and other old (and as Abati called all of them - 'yesterday's men) hands to shut up or get locked up forever - the way Siasia did to the Odemwingie and his likes of this country?

I think we will begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel for our dear country. I think, just like the Super eagles have come this far to participate in the final leg of the African nations cup, after years of draught, we will all raise our shoulders high again. We will all be proud to be called ''Nigerian'' anywhere in the world.

Let us all keep this hope alive. Copy (if that's what we're best at) the Siasia's style of ''living'' and bring our dear country out of the doldrum. Peace.

Jarus: Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'. But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Useless thread.
is siasia the only disciplinarian in world football?most coaches in europe are disciplinarians,mourinho,ferguson ,most.if you Bleep up,they discipline you.why this useless noise by the opp about discipline as if discipline is something invented by siasia.and this talk of taking credit because siasia gave emenike or whoever his super eagles debut is rubbish,as if he ever coached any of these super eagles player at club level.a player will always come with a coach,just as we have a few home based players like mba and oboabona performing beyond expectation in afcon 2013.
keshi is the coach,he takes the credit for the success or failure of his team.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by naturalmi: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yes! you are right. Siasia invited Victor Moses to play for Nigeria. Emenike was never discovered until Siasia came. Joel Obi was discovered. Aneke was also discoverd. Sidney Sam of bayern leverkusen also was invited and he also said yes to Nigeria. Do you want to beat it. Nigeria are just fortunate under Keshi.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 09, 2013
naturalmi: Yes! you are right. Siasia invited Victor Moses to play for Nigeria. Emenike was never discovered until Siasia came. Joel Obi was discovered. Aneke was also discoverd. Sidney Sam of bayern leverkusen also was invited and he also said yes to Nigeria. Do you want to beat it. Nigeria are just fortunate under Keshi.
Did siasia ever coach any of these players at club level?In europe and most parts of the world,a coach distinguishes and makes a name /success for himself at club level first before he is considered for national team.I wonder why nigerias case should be different.Amodu and many other coaches in the nigerian premier league are far better than siasia.siasia has been jobless for sometime,yet some of you are already trying to win trophies for a coach who is out of work,are you guys his players?

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by segun99: 12:50am On Feb 09, 2013
pat077: if keshi fail, will siasa share in d blame? If no, then he doesn't deserve 2 share in d glory.
Case closed. finito. Final. Bitti
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Fetus(m): 2:52am On Feb 09, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
....d last time we entered final was in 2000,,,dats 13yrs ago...
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Eziky(m): 4:06am On Feb 09, 2013
Yea. He shud
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by blizzers(m): 6:52am On Feb 09, 2013
Jst like asking TITO VILLANOVA if he gained or learnt anyfin frm PEP GUARDIOLA.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Cornel88(m): 6:52am On Feb 09, 2013
Palin: Yes siasia should share in the glory, because he is the one that first layed the foundation.
If siasia should share in keshi's glory, who should share in siasia's failure. Na wa for una o
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Cornel88(m): 7:01am On Feb 09, 2013
pat077: if keshi fail, will siasa share in d blame? If no, then he doesn't deserve 2 share in d glory.
Like seriously, may God bless you.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by blizzers(m): 7:01am On Feb 09, 2013
chima12: Did siasia ever coach any of these players at club level?In europe and most parts of the world,a coach distinguishes and makes a name /success for himself at club level first before he is considered for national team.I wonder why nigerias case should be different.Amodu and many other coaches in the nigerian premier league are far better than siasia.siasia has been jobless for sometime,yet some of you are already trying to win trophies for a coach who is out of work,are you guys his players?

wat has Amodu won in comparism 2 siasia?siasia cv puts him above almost every Nigerian coach,hoping u make ur findings nd challenge me later or kip dumb 4ever.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Makasamson(m): 7:23am On Feb 09, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
mind u d thread is nt talkin about d last tyme dey lifted d AFCON buh d last tyme dey produced a spectacular display like d 1 dey ar playin nw(against CIV and MALI)
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by retsonbiz(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2013
No. Why should he. Was Siasia in Togo when Keshi took an unknown Africa Country to the World Cup? Before Siasia took the Under 21 Squad to the Finals of the World cup he inherited someone's team and made it his own.

In thier playing days Keshi was the better Player, Organizer, Man Manager and Captain of the Nigerian National Team.

When Keshi started playing only local base players in International friendlies who gave him credit? Keshi Fought for then for the rights of local coaches and should have been appionted when Siasia got the job, NFF felt Keshi was to Strong and to Smart for them. The Nigeria people choose Keshi and he is doing exactly what we all wanted. PLAY WITH PASSION AND DESIRE.

Keshi deserves credit for his contribution as a player and as manager locally and internationally. Siasia deserves credit for his contributions and sticks for his failures.

No local Nigerian coach can match Keshi's reputation, Style, personality and respect.

Just as it was in National Teams of the 80's & 90's so it is now.....KESHI IS THE BIG BOSS.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Makasamson(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2013
naturalmi: Yes! you are right. Siasia invited Victor Moses to play for Nigeria. Emenike was never discovered until Siasia came. Joel Obi was discovered. Aneke was also discoverd. Sidney Sam of bayern leverkusen also was invited and he also said yes to Nigeria. Do you want to beat it. Nigeria are just fortunate under Keshi.
detecting or developing new players does nt giv a coach name or glory cos he is nt d first and he wnt be d last 2 do dat. The truth dere is dat Samson siasia is a failure. Check his cv and c wat am talkin about
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Jceazer12(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2013
He deserve some credit for the team success,just like claudio Ranieri deserve more credit on mourinho success @ chelsea.Datz football for you,the coach on the seat when the team win trophy takes all glory.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by timmy(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2013
Tropilo:

You are not even lucky enough to be 10th to comment.

Siasia, lacks tact and technical ability.
If Siasia is good let him go and proove it somewhere else first, must he be employed by the NFF? Then come and cry sabotage later! Keshi did with Togo and Mali.
Let Siasia go and try with Gambia, Eritrea, Somalia etc. That man is incompetent.
People should stop deceiving him. He wont learn with the deceits and unneccessary agrandisement.
Siasia should go to a good coaching school. Either Man United, Barça, Milan or Betis schools. Even Sunday Oliseh did! Haba...!!!

Where did keshi prove his, remember he was sacked twice, Keshi has never won any silverware as a coach, so i dont get where you are coming from.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by timmy(m): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2013
Might I also add, Keshi is earning 5million naira today cos of Siasia, Siasia remains the first coach to stand on his grounds and give the nigerian couch a good face, before now, all coaches were earning 1.5.
Alot of us dont know what it took him to win the u20 youth tournament, might i also add that keshi also coached the nigerian u20 and failed.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by zoomzoom1(m): 8:01am On Feb 09, 2013

END OF DISCUSSION....
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Hemanwel(m): 8:24am On Feb 09, 2013
Extremism killed Siasia.He was too uptight in his decisions.
The first thing I learnt in the University is that:
one has to be flexible in whatever decision he/she takes - learn to sometimes bend the rules.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 09, 2013
Yea... Siasia realy brought d likes of Emenike&Ogude 2d team...bt he compromisd his stand by bringin back Osaze...
Anyway,we r all Nigerians &lets al enjoy SE victory bcs we all deserv d credit! But as 4 Siasia takin credit(though i like him)....let he who d cap fits wear d cap
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chessguru1(m): 8:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Larryfly: its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment
Your the 1st 2 comment- you happy now?
Oya go back and continue playing with ur leggo, and teddy bear
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chessguru1(m): 8:36am On Feb 09, 2013
I agree. I believe that sasia must have warned keshi about osazie. The whole USA 94 team is a close knit group of friends.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by gunners160(m): 8:45am On Feb 09, 2013
d ans 2 dis question is a big YES because we all knw nigerians.they wuld say c dis yeye keshi e wan dey do over oga lyke siasia that is y we commot.him go drop osaze taiwo and oda big name as saisai take do.dat is y we comot.inshort i no knw wetin they do our naija coaches self?is siasia nt sharin in d blame nw'
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2013
gunners160: d ans 2 dis question is a big YES because we all knw nigerians.they wuld say c dis yeye keshi e wan dey do over oga lyke siasia that is y we commot.him go drop osaze taiwo and oda big name as saisai take do.dat is y we comot.inshort i no knw wetin they do our naija coaches self?is siasia nt sharin in d blame nw'

How? how does your imagination = fact?
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by chucky234(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2013
timmy: Might I also add, Keshi is earning 5million naira today cos of Siasia, Siasia remains the first coach to stand on his grounds and give the nigerian couch a good face, before now, all coaches were earning 1.5.
Alot of us dont know what it took him to win the u20 youth tournament, might i also add that keshi also coached the nigerian u20 and failed.
Keshi coached U20 and failed?
You certainly knows nothing about foottball ot coaching,Siasia is a poor coach who can only excel at youth level,he was lucky to have assembled
The right group of players in 2005 and 2e008 were he lost to Argentinal in both finals due to his poor tactical and technical knowledge of the game and thats the Argentine coaches capitalised on to punish us in both 2005 U20 final and the 2008 Beijin Olympics final.
Siasia is egocentric and proud,he sees himself as a kind of semi god that players and Nigerians should worship.
The most successful coaches around the world are those that have a personal cordia and fatherly like relationship with their players,it has been working for Sir Alex Ferguson at Man U,worked for Louis Van Gaal at Ajax,worked for Mourihno at FC Porto and Chelsea,worked for Frank Rajkaard and Pep Guardiola at FC Barcelona,worked for Houillier at Lyon and Liverpool and worked for Ancelotti at AC Milan.
We are talking of man-management as thats what makes a sucessful coach and thats what has kept Keshi going,do you know that Keshi still have a sound relationship with his past players like Adebayor,Kanoute,Keita,e.t.c but same cannot be said of Siasia who have a sour relationship with his past players due to his ego and Mikel is one of them.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by BZion(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2013
Siasia played his part in building the team.

http://ohibunmizion.shutterchance.com/
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by timmy(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2013
chucky234: Keshi coached U20 and failed?
You certainly knows nothing about foottball ot coaching,Siasia is a poor coach who can only excel at youth level,he was lucky to have assembled
The right group of players in 2005 and 2e008 were he lost to Argentinal in both finals due to his poor tactical and technical knowledge of the game and thats the Argentine coaches capitalised on to punish us in both 2005 U20 final and the 2008 Beijin Olympics final.
Siasia is egocentric and proud,he sees himself as a kind of semi god that players and Nigerians should worship.
The most successful coaches around the world are those that have a personal cordia and fatherly like relationship with their players,it has been working for Sir Alex Ferguson at Man U,worked for Louis Van Gaal at Ajax,worked for Mourihno at FC Porto and Chelsea,worked for Frank Rajkaard and Pep Guardiola at FC Barcelona,worked for Houillier at Lyon and Liverpool and worked for Ancelotti at AC Milan.
We are talking of man-management as thats what makes a sucessful coach and thats what has kept Keshi going,do you know that Keshi still have a sound relationship with his past players like Adebayor,Kanoute,Keita,e.t.c but same cannot be said of Siasia who have a sour relationship with his past players due to his ego and Mikel is one of them.

HAHAHAHAHA Biggest joke ever.
Wo do you think the likes of obodo played under first?
Siasia is egocentric? You're such a know nothing, do you know the amount of fund raising siasia did all by himself before he was able to get Mikel and co to the u20 nations cup world cup? You call Feguson, egocentric coach Number 1, ask David Beckham. Mourinho!!!, hahahahaha ur a joker,
Keshi and Adebayo hahahahahahaha abeg no kill me, kai.. pls google abeg,
Nigeria forced Osaze on siasia and he decided to do the ppls wish, now we blame him for inviting him, same thing with keshi, we all screamed at osazes drop, now we praise it.

As foolish as you are, you call some who lost to a team that had Messi by a loan goal and you say he was technically ineptitude.
Siasia has been the only nigeria coach that has given us a youth team that all players are still actively playing football 8 yrs after.

Dont worry, time will tell, even NFF dont trust keshi much. Do you know keshi and siasia were both interviewed for the nff job and he was miles ahead of keshi.

Nuff Said
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Feb 09, 2013
timmy:

Nigeria forced Osaze on siasia and he decided to do the ppls wish, now we blame him for inviting him, same thing with keshi, we all screamed at osazes drop, now we praise it.

Abeg make we hear word jor, was Osaze not also forced on Keshi? was Martins and Uche not also forced on Keshi, did he blink? he didn't, he went with what he knew he wanted so stop making excuses for men.

Responsible men are those who own up to their mistakes and not those who wants to profit from other people's hardwork.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by blacksta(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2013
We have not even won yet , I would love see the threads on sunday evening when we dont win.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by jude33084(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2013
dammytosh: I still prefer Siasia.

He was fired because he was not licking NFF's a*s*s. Most of his principles that Keshi adhered to are still working for us. Keshi looks like NFF's stooge to me.

I believe he can sha.

If Keshi is NFF stooge, Yoruba and Hausa players ( Ǧ☺☺ϑ or bad ) would have made the team undecided

I think NFF gave him the ƒя̩eǝ hand to operate and select his players.

NFF policies are like federal character which we didnt see in τhis team wink

Imagine one Yoruba, one hausa,4 Edos, one Deltan, one Rivers, and the rest Ibos that truely deserved their place in the squard cool

To ♍e that isnt NFF style. No wonder Mohammadu Abubarka( a noorthern Nigeria ♏ãn) wanted Mali to defeat Nigeria because they are Biafrans undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / Chelsea FC To Hold Talks With The UK Government Over Sanctions / Nigeria Vs. South Africa AFCON: Governor Adeleke Dances As Nigeria Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.