Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV (12479 Views)

Poll: Which Nollywood movie channel is better?

Hi-Nolly (HiTV): 17% (5 votes)
Nollywood (Trend TV): 10% (3 votes)
African Magic (DSTV): 72% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Download Both Nolly & Hollywood Movies Straight To Your Mobile Phone / Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2008
Comparing The Difference Between Hitv's Hi-nolly And Trend Tv's Nollywood

i think we can all see that hi-nolly is hi rubbish when comparing it to trends nollywood channel or what are your views
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by urfriend(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
hi,by the time trendtv fully starts.u will see they will change.the nollywood people will start demanding mad rates for their films.let watch and see.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2008
we are not talking about the rates here but we r talking about the quality of the movies and the picture quality
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by mecussey(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2008
the quality of the picture increased as we enter eutelsat w4, and will even increase more, cause our friends in Paris wants us to increase the quality, by the time we will scramble quality and current films will be displayed.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by Raahym(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2008
Hi all,

Pay Tv business is vast becoming very lucrative and money spinning. It comes with a lot of sabotage especially in this part of the world where innovation beats ideas but one thing you should have in mind is the basis on which a company was established. Very little will understand the meaning of this but for whoever does, good and please lets be more understanding and have a high relative level of thinking which should help a lot of people in there ways to judging others.

Hi nolly and trend tv compare not as they are both operating on different levels of understanding.

Raahym

Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2008
I prefer TrendTV Nollywood to HiTV Nolly
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2008
thank you otokx, hi-nolly is so messed up, they repeat movies for like a week.just recycling movies everytime.i can count the number of movies i watched on hi-nolly since i bought hitv last year august.it is not more than 10
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by urfriend(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2008
hi niyi,just watch out over the next coming weeks,there will be a total change on all hi channels including hi nolly.soon also hi movies,hi action,and hi comedy will be coming up.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by doyin13(m): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2008
Why do i think this is shaping up to be a battle between the public relations offices of both channels
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by Egavlas(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2008
I have always been among the guys asking disappointed people to give Hitv a chance but am becoming progressively fed up myself.

I dont even bother turning on HiNolly anymore. In fact, I find myself tuning in more and more to our local channels.

Right Now, there are two Premiership matches going on: Manu vs Bolton and Chelsea Vs Tottenham but Hitv is busy showing motor racing and some silly match that is probably weeks old on hi soccer.

The frustrating part is that they boldly placed on their site here: http://hitv.com.ng/league_fixtures.php that they would be showing the matches.

Was it an oversight? How can you pay for something and forget to show it?

The only reason people are even looking Hitv's way is because of the Premiership and if they cant even get that one right, then its a hopeless case.

And please, Rahym and urfriend, beg the people in the controls or whatever name you have for them to please(in the name of God), stop those fillers that they put in between programmes that we get to watch so many times that we hear and see them in our sleep.

Robert Redford, George Cloony? My goodness do you guys watch your channels with us?
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by bluehorizo(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2008
I already said it before that HITV is Hi rubbish. I wonder why you guys are wasting your time and energy discussing about them. Imagine i cannot watch my almighty Chelsea spanking Spurs in today's match. Shame on HITV
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by sayso: 7:45am On Mar 20, 2008
urfriend:

hi niyi,just watch out over the next coming weeks,there will be a total change on all hi channels including hi nolly.soon also hi movies,hi action,and hi comedy will be coming up.

I have HiTv since January,they promised free one month viewing, for where I paid for one month since Febuary through GTB ,sent my subscription  receipt for more 3 times,called,begged for reception that one na story,is this another form of 419,EFCC should diversify their operation ooohhh.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 8:33am On Mar 20, 2008
@urfriend
hi urfriend, you have been promising us new channels and new content on hitv since last year.you said by december 2007 we would be able to get satisfied with hitv but from what i am seeing 3 months later hitv is messed up. i am tired of ur promises
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by bluehorizo(m): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2008
niyi09:

@urfriend
hi urfriend, you have been promising us new channels and new content on hitv since last year.you said by december 2007 we would be able to get satisfied with hitv but from what i am seeing 3 months later hitv is messed up. i am tired of your promises

Do you just know urfriend? He just like to blah blah blah about HITV. Of what good is HiTV? I think they should all bury their heads in shame.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by bayojones: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2008
hi tv is simply rubbish they shld just pack up nd form a terestial station they are so useless i feel it bis a waste of investment. they cant even compete with dstv even though they have 80% rite to premiership, i cant buy hitv cos dey are a bunch of disappointment. no apologies as per yesterdays matches they are really messed up
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by twinstaiye(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2008
Both Trend Nollywood and Hi-nolly are not a equal match with African Magic, so African magic needs not be compare with the two. However, if you are a lover of Yoruba movies, you will be dissappointed with Trend for not showing any at all, whereas, hinolly does that, albeit repeating some of the flicks, but then better than none at all.
Has anyone take notice of MYTV at all? I do subscribe to their channels, and they are also trying. More than that, their customer care is too good to be true. Perhaps, they are the only pay tv that repair customer decoders free of charge, apart from this, they also call you from time to time, to subscribe if they discover that your subscription has ended.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by wiseguy(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2008
I have hitv dish which am using in PH for the past two months. Looking back, I would say its a wasted venture. I am wondering if it will be possible to use the same antenna dish and buy a dstv decoder. Will that work? Any ideas? Again, whats the subscription like with dstv?
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by otokx(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2008
My TV is trying, the way they recharge their account is quite effective, though their channels are not too enthusiastic.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by bluehorizo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2008
twinstaiye:

Both Trend Nollywood and Hi-nolly are not a equal match with African Magic, so African magic needs not be compare with the two. However, if you are a lover of Yoruba movies, you will be dissappointed with Trend for not showing any at all, whereas, hinolly does that, albeit repeating some of the flicks, but then better than none at all.
Has anyone take notice of MYTV at all? I do subscribe to their channels, and they are also trying. More than that, their customer care is too good to be true. Perhaps, they are the only pay tv that repair customer decoders free of charge, apart from this, they also call you from time to time, to subscribe if they discover that your subscription has ended.

Can you pls tell me more about MYTV and the rates. What channels do they show? Do they repeat programs? Do they show Yoruba movies? Thank you
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by trhymes(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2008
African Magic is the best. cool
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by wiseguy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ t-ryhmes

Can you elaborate more on Africa magic and dstv channels.
Tanx.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by diehard(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
DSTV has a better packaged programme than hitv, they know it that is why they will not reduce their subscription rates. i use mytv but i'm disapointed cause they only have two film channels, one show movies of 1970s while the other is just recently introduced, you won't get live matches on them and their local movies channels seems to copy AIT movie and replay them on the air. i'm seroiusly thinking of changing just my decorder to DSTV so i can start watching my money worth
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by urfriend(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2008
hi all,see we nigerian are very good at complaining,not that u have no right to.but,u say hitv repeats too much,ok check all supersports channels from 1 - 10,u will notice they repeat the same thing over and over among the channels.mm1-2,go,mnet series,mnet stars also repeat the same programmes among them selfs.and not saying hitv don't have it's own problems,but pls give them time.dstv has put dp much mess in the system[movies,documentry etc].it's going to take time for it to change.for subcription,it's now far beta than b4.if u are outside lagos,send an email plus ur[gtb slip number,name of subscriber,phone number,etc ]to info@hientertainment.tv or adeolaa@hientertainment.tv.i sure u it will be worked on.also let me make it known that the reson hitv donot start the matches on time,was because they was no signal from [img]the guys that distribute the epl for the english fa.they got signal during halftime.that was why they showed chelsea game delayed.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by opuro(m): 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2008
am an installer of any types of satelite dish
and at the same I sell satelte dish to people
since Hi tv came on board, I cant sleep any more
because of peoples complain.
if not that they cant load, it is that it is scrambled at every 15 minutes
do you know that I sold a hitv with one month subscription to a guy since december and it is still showing?

What is wrong with your engineers?
what is wrong with your computers?
IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT DO IT WHY DECIEVING US?
most of the guys that have viewing center are now changing to SHOW SPORTS.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2008
the rate at which hitv repeats is second to none. they have no content at all. all the hi-stations are messed up
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by twinstaiye(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2008
urfriend:

also let me make it known that the reson hitv donot start the matches on time,was because they was no signal from [img]the guys that distribute the epl for the english fa.they got signal during halftime.that was why they showed chelsea game delayed.
A simple apology on the screen at that particular time would have suffice, but hitv did not make any apology, they just continue to show some stupid old match as if no live matches would be shown at that particular time. And as if that is not enough, on the second day, a text came to my phone with no apology at all. HITV should wake up, and one more thing, since you seem to be working in hitv, kindly tell your authorities to do something about the epg i.e the electronic programme guide, it adds more to the quality of services.
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by niyi09(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2008
@urfriend
since u r not a staff, why do u always tell us when channels would be added or u are just lying
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by tipsy289(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2008
I havent even heard of Trend Tv before but how good is it.
Me i'll just say get DSTV,thats the only one i know that is really good(yeahhhhhh forget monopoly here)
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by abujabooks(f): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2008
opuro:

am an installer of any types of satelite dish
and at the same I sell satelte dish to people
since Hi tv came on board, I can't sleep any more
because of peoples complain.
if not that they can't load, it is that it is scrambled at every 15 minutes
do you know that I sold a hitv with one month subscription to a guy since december and it is still showing?

What is wrong with your engineers?
what is wrong with your computers?
IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT DO IT WHY DECIEVING US?
most of the guys that have viewing center are now changing to SHOW SPORTS.

@Opuro

How much do you charge for installing DsTV in Abuja? For new dish, etc. What is your company's address and tel no?
More info,
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by ahwuyen(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2008
t-rhymes:

t-rhymes:

pls do u know what it will cost me to DSTV OR TRENDTV OR HiTV
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by ahwuyen(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2008
t-rhymes:

sorry do u know what it will cost me to have dstv or trend tv or hitv
Re: Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV by urfriend(m): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
trend tv to launch friday 28th march,at eko hotel v/i.at 10am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cory Monteith Is Dead, 'Glee,' Actor / A Nairalander's Animation Story: " Choosing The Right Partner" / Names Of Actors/actress In Selina Tested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.