Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,554 members, 7,770,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story (22700 Views)

Wale Adenuga Productions Announces Acting Auditions / Accredited Acting School in Lagos | Contacting Wale Adenuga Productions / Super Story - "One Bad Apple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Wale Adenuga needs no introduction to many Nigerians, atleast those(some of us grin) that read old magazines in the 80s like Ikebe super, Binta and super story.. 'When they were published, these magazines sold in the excess of half a million copies per edition. They were a success story.'

In the 90s WAP debuted TV shows and most that have been around especially from yr 2000 to date and are also TV adherent(foreign and Local tv channels) would know about his TV shows such as Super Story, Papa Ajasco and co, This life, Binta and friends etc.

No doubt, all his shows are entertaining and educating, but my issue with him is on the new TV series of super story titled 'ITOHAN! A CALL TO ACTION'

The program was recorded in conjuction with NAPTIP(National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and Other Related Matters ) and supposedly shot in about 6 'countries' around the world comprising Nigeria, Benin, Mali, Morrocco, spain and Italy.
read more here http://www.naptip.gov.ng/pressitohan.html

The issue is this. Most of us have come to realise that Nollywood movies are fictional and so fake. I was expecting WAP to do better cos of his pedigree.

We saw the Nigeria scenes, Benin republic scenes, Mali scenes and 'Morrocco scenes'. The so called Italy and Spain scenes are big lies. The ladies sits on the curb and wait for customers in the street. Those curbs we see are as stained as what we see in Lagos Nigeria.

Also Glory Young (thats the madam in Italy) only sits in the house, without having to view the garden at all.

Most foreign scenes are acted at Night without the day brightness to really convince us the film was acted in the countries alleged.

I believe Nigerians can do better than this. Tade Ogidan that's behind the evergreen movie diamond ring, did a better job. RMD the father of teju baby face actually traveled in search of the diamond ring and it was shown in daylight.

I dont hate WAP, but i hate the fact that Nigerians are being fooled again.

I rest my case grin

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 6:15am On Feb 09, 2013
Teehee! You really think filmmaking na pure reality? Hopefully you don't jump off a high-rise building thinking you can really fly like Superman... but if you do you will win a Darwin award. Just watch this and calm yasef down grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhN1STep_zk

29 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Originalsly: 6:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Nice reply Villageboi!... Case closed!
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by VillageBoi(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2013
Originalsly: Nice reply Villageboi!... Case closed!

Thank you very much Originalsy!

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by lynx200(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2013
DAMN!!! So that's how they do it. Cuts out the hassles of hiring locations and transportation of equipment. With this video one can see the relevancy of the studio system. Thanks for this educational video Villageboi.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by semid4lyfe(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2013
Na normal thing for FILM jare

For example, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) had "Nigerian" scenes of Lagos and a Village in South Eastern Nigeria where Ibo was even spoken but the crew and cast never set foot in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2013
You guys are really missing the point.

Whats the need for review and constructive criticism? we watch nollywood and a movie shot in 2007, having a flash back of 1998, with a bill board of MTN that came to Nigeria in 2001 at the background. how does that add up?

You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.

6 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: You guys are really missing the point.

Whats the need for review and constructive criticism? we watch nollywood and a movie shot in 2007, having a flash back of 1998, with a bill board of MTN that came to Nigeria in 2001 at the background. how does that add up?

You've claimed to have shut a movie in Italy, whereas you're faking it. Should be all be fooled and swallow the lies? its not compulsory to travel to shoot films but dont just make things up.

Anachronism and false locations also happen in hollywood films. Budget restrictions and mistakes
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by semid4lyfe(m): 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
toba: You guys are really missing the point.

Ok, I get it now.

Your criticism is not the faking of the foreign scenes but that He LIED about shooting in those foreign locations abi
?
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by imeller: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
You get fooled only if you want to. You cant blame them, thats their work- Make-Believe.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Libkid(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
One word "Bizzy body"

3 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Ok, I get it now.

Your criticism is not the faking of the foreign locations but that He LIED about shooting in those foreign locations abi
?
yes. It sucks if you ask me
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
Its very dangerous when ignorance is glorified. Film making is make-believe, so is life. Dont expect realism from drama.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Pacesetter2: 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hahaha....critics is here again...if they do it for italy...na you go shout too much money & that they ought to do it for lowkey...now they framed yet you are shouting "you" are fooled...naija no dey carry last for things like this

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Its very difficult to please Nigerians why? Na poverty cos am?

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
I thought i was the only one that saw it.

Complained about the fake scenes that it dosent make the movie real to a friend but he said I criticize too much...

It's so disgusting seeing all those scene without anyform of creativity and they want us to believe it was shot Europe.

Remember the scene where the guy had picked the three girls to go deliver them to the house where they would later meet the madam..It was totally emabarassing seeing uncoated railings which am damn sure was a location around lagos and WAp said it was Italy...

Do we have to always celebrate mediocrity.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

No scene with the characters relating to the everyday street life of the countries you were showing. They need to up

their game truly.

3 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Agbgift(f): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
Do people still watch super story?

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by SisiKill1: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
It's so sad when people who don't know jack about movie production open their mouth gbagba to talk about it.

Not a big fan of Nollywood....heck I detest the industry for many reasons but not shooting on location is not one of them.

Do you know how many of the Hollywood movies are actually shot on the location they are set? Do you know how many TV shows you watch are shot in the cities they are based? Hundreds of thousands!! You wanna know why. .. is cuts costs.

If Hollywood with their big azz budgets can do that despite the fact that they are somewhat guaranteed huge box office returns, why should Nollywood be any different??!

Movie making in itself is about creating an illusion or do you think all those people jumping and kicking in the air 7 times are doing it for real? So what yeye truth are you looking for?

Again only someone who knows very little about the logistics of movie making will think this is an issue worth discussing.

Here's a little homework for you Kato...Do some research on SET DESIGNING/PRODUCTION. Now, now don't fret. ..you aren't going to get graded for it. The assignment is for you to educate yourself so next time you won't open a thread laid on the foundation of ignorance.

9 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by TIDDOLL(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
The guy poor reach dat one....buh seriously....Nija lacks quality in movie poduction, but alwayz increasing in quantity...
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Asis(m): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
This is revealing,gud one.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Exit thread
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by sasview: 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
@op: you. Call it film and you want all to be real, you mean even if some one died in d film he/she should remain dead In reality?

4 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Agbgift: Do people still watch super story?
grin
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anachronism and false locations also happen in hollywood films. Budget restrictions and mistakes

Yo man, i dey enjoy your swag for religion section. You be correct guy.
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by valdubem(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
useless mods
Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: It's so sad when people who don't know jack about movie production open their mouth gbagba to talk about it.

Not a big fan of Nollywood....heck I detest the industry for maby reasons but not shooting on location is not one of them.

Do you know how many of the Hollywood movies are actually shot on the location they are set? Do you know how many TV shows you watch are shot in the cities they are based? Hundreds of thousands!! You wanna know why. .. is cuts costs.

If Hollywood with their big azz budgets can do that despite the fact that they are somewhat guaranteed a huge box office returns, why should Nollywood be any different??!

Again only someone who knows very little about the logistics of movie making will think this is an issue worth discussing.

Here's a little homework for you Kato...Do some research on SET DESIGNING/PRODUCTION. Now, now don't fret. ..you aren't going to get graded for it. The assignment is for you to educate yourself so next time you won't open a thread laid on the foundation of ignorance.

We all know about set designing..but seriously that's why we call it acting...You act the scenes make it real

We ain't criticizing just based on sentiments but the scene we were been shown was different from what the real situations were.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Faking Foreign Scenes In Super Story by MumZ(f): 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
WAP shld av been more creative, d Italy scenes showd only @ nght n d gals sitn on d curb spoilt d flow. Dey aint expectd 2 actually shoot in al dose countries bt dey shld av been less obvious bout. I dnt knw bout dia actually claimn dey shot in all dose locatns sha o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: The Moment Groovy Arrived In Level 1 And Deji In Level 2 (Video) / Has Telemundo Overtaken Africa-Magic Among Nigerian Female Viewers? / Ilebaye Evicted From Big Brother Naija 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.