Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

I Will Be Fit For The Final- Victor Moses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Be Fit For The Final- Victor Moses (603 Views)

Ronaldo, Benzema Might Be Fit For Champions League Game Against City / Wenger: Mertesacker And Gibbs Will Be Fit For Tottenham Clash / Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Be Fit For The Final- Victor Moses by pm05337(m): 1:08am On Feb 09, 2013
Fitness experts spent the greater part of Thursday working on the pair of Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike in a surely desperate bid to get the strikers ready for the Sunday final match against Burkina Faso. But even as he still limps, Moses has assured fans of the Nigerian team that he hopes to be fit enough for the most important game of the 2013 Africa Nations Cup.

After numerous inquiries made by journalists on their fitness in Johannesburg on arrival, the Chelsea attacker who scored Nigeria’s two goals against Ethiopia used his Twitter platform to answer the questions in one statement.

He tweeted, “Lot of people asking about my injury. I’m having treatment and hopefully should be fine for the final.”

Emenike was not readily available to speak on his own state but team officials have said that the injury turned out far less than imagined during the game. Both players have combined to give Nigeria six goals in five matches.

Coach Stephen Keshi added voice to Moses, statement by also by saying that there should be no need for panic over the two players.

“The medical team here is working round the clock to ensure that they will be ready for the final on Sunday. They will advise us on what to do at the appropriate time,” he said.

On Thursday, the Super Eagles team doctors compelled Keshi to exclude the two players from the training programme until they give the approval for their return to full action. Both players were substituted in the Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Mali after sustaining injuries.

After the semi-final victory over the Aiglons of Mali in Durban, the Eagles have quickly put the victory behind them as the team arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa on Thursday afternoon to begin preparations for the final match at the Soccer City in Soweto.

The team arrived Johannesburg at about 1.45pm local time aboard a South Africa Airways plane. They moved immediately to their base at Garden Court Milpark from the airport and left the hotel for training soon after their lunch. They are expected to train twice on Friday and Saturday at the same venue.

The Sunday match has been moved back by 30 minutes from the original time at the request of the organisers which means that if it is effected it will now start at 7.20pm Nigerian time.

(1) (Reply)

Book Of AFCON Revelations! / Conf Cup: Describe Tahiti Football National Team In One Word!!! / Our Strikers Let Us Down – Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.