Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

12 PDP Governors May Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 PDP Governors May Join APC (19946 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / 2015: Northern Governors May Form New Party (2) (3) (4)

12 PDP Governors May Join APC by PeterKbaba: 2:23am On Feb 09, 2013
About 12 governors, who are members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, may join the newly formed political party, All Progressive Congress.

Our correspondent gathered that the governors were already talking with the leaders of the newly formed political party.

Investigations further showed that some of the governors were already thinking of how to leave the party and join the newly formed APC.

The new party was formed by the merging of the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party, All Progressive Grand Alliance and Congress for Progressive Change.

It was gathered that some other minor political parties had also discussed with the newly former political party.

Sources close the PDP said the party was already fidgeting that some of its governors and lawmakers could leave the party.

A member of the National Working Committee of the PDP, who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said the leadership of the party and the Presidency were afraid that their governors could abandon the umbrella.

Umbrella is the symbol of the PDP.

He said behind the show of ‘we don’t care’ by the party’s leadership, there was concealment of fear, as the party was afraid that the current crisis rocking the party could consume it and make it a minority party in the future.

He said, “The party’s leadership is afraid. I must tell you. We are not convenient at all because the formation of the party is coming at a time we are having problems in our party.

“Don’t forget that the NWC is divided. The governors are angry. We cannot hold National Executive Committee meeting. We are even finding it difficult to elect the chairman of our Board of Trustees.

“We are also having financial problems in the party as the governors have refused to fund us the way they used to do before the crisis started.

“So, if anyone is telling you that we are at peace and are not worried as a result of the formation of the party, such a person is being economical with the truth.”

The source also added that though the party is convenient with the attitude of his members in the Senate, the same thing could not be said of the House of Representatives.

“We know that the opposition is in control of the House, because though the Speaker, Mallam Aminu Tambuwal belongs to our party, he is more popular among the opposition political parties,” the NWC member said regrettably.

Among governors touted that could leave the party, four are from the North-West, three from the North-East, two from the South-South and three from the North-Central.

Our correspondent further gathered that these governors, especially those from the North, would move if it was clear that President Goodluck Jonathan would run for a second term.

“His second term ambition, if he declares it, will quicken the death of this party,” a source close to the party said.

Reacting to the development, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, told our correspondent that that would not happen.

He said he was sure that none of the governors would leave the ruling party and join the opposition, whose future he said was not known.

Metuh said, “Definitely, such will never happen. We are not afraid of the newly formed party. Our governors are too committed to the PDP to join the APC.

“You cannot leave the ruling party to join an opposition party, whose future you cannot even tell. It has never happened in the history of this democracy for the PDP to lose any of its governors to the opposition.

“Yes, it is agreed that the party is having some challenges, but we are managing the situation. When other parties had challenges, we knew how they handled them.

“We are therefore not afraid that some of our governors could leave the PDP and join the APC.”

Also, the spokesperson for the CPC, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, told our correspondent that the APC would gladly welcome the PDP governors, adding that it was high time the governors abandoned what he called the “torn umbrella, which can no longer stop the rain.”

Fashakin said, “It is not impossible for the governors to join us. The governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, just said today (Thursday) that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) remains his leader and that he is happy at the birth of APC.

“APC is a success story that has come to stay. The governor also added that the formation of the new party would stop all riffraffs from contesting the presidency.

“So, even if all the governors of the PDP want to come, they are welcome. APC is a party with large heart.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/12-pdp-governors-may-join-new-party/

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by PeterKbaba: 2:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Front Page Pls
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Ngwakwe: 3:18am On Feb 09, 2013
If these 12 Governors decamp to APC then the new party will become Ampenicillin and Codin that serve temporary relieve.

The name PDP is not the problem of Nigeria but it's members who have refused to wear human face but have continue to subjugate hardworking Nigerians to perpetual suffering with their selfish policies from State level to NASS and to the presidency.

The best will be to render most PDP Officers redundant for next twelve years to hinder them from infecting the new born baby.

24 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Ngwakwe: 3:29am On Feb 09, 2013
The Objective of APC should be to create an alternative platform with a well defined and enforceable manifesto of which any estranged PDP bedfellow must abide by before being admitted to APC

We independents want an alternative. Never to be stocked by any killer party whether new or old. We the electorates are the employers of Politicians who must be accountable to us or get fired.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Tolexander: 3:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Ampenicillin and Codin that serve temporary relieve
don't murder pharmacy here o. Ampicillin and codeine. Not even used for the mentioned purpose.

@topic! A mere speculation anyway. But will be nice if it happens.
Am not concerned about which party rules but a strong opposition in nigerian political system so that we can have an interesting democracy and not one useless party acting anyhow all because there is no rivalry.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by pboiskinpy(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
U meant to say OPC

Governors ke OPC ni

#pdp on point till 2019

#jux passing

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by frevangel(m): 9:43am On Feb 09, 2013
I thought they said PDP is a party for rog'ues and theives?! Is it the name of the party that is the roug'ue and theive or the people in the party?

If this is true, then I am vindicated when I said CPC and ACN are all about power desperation. Where are the CPC/ACN supporters, you guys should answer my questions and explain to me what I don't know.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 09, 2013
And when those PDP governors or legislators cross over to the APC their sins will be forgiven and they become progressives/performers automatically.
Hypocrites!

23 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by frevangel(m): 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: And when those PDP governors or legislators cross over to the APC their sins will be forgiven and they become progressives/performers automatically.
Hypocrites!

My brother, the thing tire me. But this is what I have said for many years now, the opposition are just sour loosers, desperate for power, worse than the PDP they crucify. Lets just hope it is speculation, though from what I know, it might be true.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by caesaraba(m): 9:47am On Feb 09, 2013
This might just be the reason why I will vote for GEJ in 2015. It's not just to answer the name "opposition" abeg. I will weigh the two devils and pick the lesser one. Simple!

if the opposition are so desperate to get power to the extent that they can absorb the entire PDP minus the name and logo, then.........

21 Likes

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Ibangap(m): 9:49am On Feb 09, 2013
Make dem (APC) no gree o! If dis is true, it might jus be a ploy by PDP to send spies to infiltrate nd distabilize d APC nd return bak wen der mission is accomplished.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by FreeGlobe(f): 9:49am On Feb 09, 2013
This is hilarious. PDP will now be both the ruling party and the opposition. And folks were telling us APC was a rescue party when they only want a shot at the national coffers at whatever cost.
It seems their dumb followers are only worried about pdp as a name and their logo not the same old politicians who make up the pdp.
I presume our south west folks will tag obasanjo, bode George etc the best thing since slice bread if they cross over to ACN

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by tomakint: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2013
Hip hip hurray! If the above is true, then it is goodnews for Jonathan, his political foes are being revealed to him and this will enable him to step up his game. I have always maintained that come 2015, Jonathan will crush any opposition cool let them form alliance like the allied forces 'i ya naa ma ba n be' cool

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by slimming: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2013
If these 12 Governors decamp to APC then the new party will become Ampenicillin and Codin that serve temporary relieve.
exactly
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by 9icest: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2013
I think GEJ really needs to WAKE up, and REALLY address the REAL problems of Nigeria, and stop playing POLITICS with his country people....
Everyone is deserting this guys....The few sticking around him, are doing so because they know they have no more hope of future appointment, and hes mainly their life saver and nothing more, but a means to an end for them.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:56am On Feb 09, 2013
Wat is holding dem? However, dey did have to surrender the Gov Office of the PDP Party.(For a quick bye-election)
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 09, 2013
Ok. But any governor that wants to leave should do that quickly.
#DropExcessBaggageGovsNow!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by igbsam(m): 10:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Different party name, same set of Thieves, Crooks and Bloody looting Politicians. Make dem dey deceive themselves.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Igwe9(m): 10:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: If these 12 Governors decamp to APC then the new party will become Ampenicillin and Codin that serve temporary relieve.

The name PDP is not the problem of Nigeria but it's members who have refused to wear human face but have continue to subjugate hardworking Nigerians to perpetual suffering with their selfish policies from State level to NASS and to the presidency.

The best will be to render most PDP Officers redundant for next twelve years to hinder them from infecting the new born baby.
you are 100% right, that in one term would be like robbing peter to pay paul.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:03am On Feb 09, 2013
See thieves mixing with thieves.
Shey they are not sure of winning under PDP again? These polithiefcians just wanna keep themselves in power at all cost even if they ll have to lick the yansh of their enemies.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by taharqa: 10:04am On Feb 09, 2013
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 09, 2013
I hear. Next story plsss:/
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by gbenga3003: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2013
If its time God abeg save nigeria tru APC

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by taharqa: 10:07am On Feb 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: And when those PDP governors or legislators cross over to the APC their sins will be forgiven and they become progressives/performers automatically.
Hypocrites!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Also, the spokesperson for the CPC, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, told our correspondent that the APC would gladly welcome the PDP governors, adding that it was high time the governors abandoned what he called the “torn umbrella, which can no longer stop the rain.”

Fashakin said, “It is not impossible for the governors to join us. The governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, just said today (Thursday) that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) remains his leader and that he is happy at the birth of APC.

“APC is a success story that has come to stay. The governor also added that the formation of the new party would stop all riffraffs from contesting the presidency.

“So, even if all the governors of the PDP want to come, they are welcome. APC is a party with large heart

LOL.. where have I heard this kind of 'we are large..we can accomodate ALL' talk before??

No bi dis same Fashakin dey blow grammar, dey tell us say: PDP is full of KIlLERS AND THIEVES; na im dey solicit their core members (Governors) now, say APC get 'large Heart'!!!

Hehehehehe.. BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES (not all of them sha).

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by seanet01: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2013
PDP must be driven out of Power by all means.
Since 99, ordinary Lagos to Benin expressway they cannot finished.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by OmoTier1(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2013
Hypocrites!
Didn't disgruntled elements like you say the same in Edo State? But today, with the leadership of Oshiomhole, are these individuals not performing in Edo State? Let them decamp, the benefit of them doing so will mean PDP is weakened and woulda unable to inflict more poverty on Nigerians.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Pergrace: 10:10am On Feb 09, 2013
Hypocrites!

My brother the thing tire me oh..I guess they will be immuned from being persecuted..

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Kaxmytex(m): 10:11am On Feb 09, 2013
12 pdp governor wan decamp 2 apc....
Na wetin go kum b d diff btw pdp and acn....

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by GenOrumov: 10:12am On Feb 09, 2013
They shouldn't bother to join. We don't need them. We don't need moles that will ruin our dreams of a new and changed Nigeria by the wrestling of power from People Destroying People party.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by tatosh: 10:12am On Feb 09, 2013
If PDP members who are naturally corrupt start running to APC, that rubbishes the whole idea of a 'progressive congress'. I believe the APC should have values which they should stick to not just letting any aggrieved phool from PDP come to join them

Court Blasts EFCC, Orders Immediate Release Of Dasuki’s Ex-aide / Ifeanyi Ubah Has Been Released By The DSS / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Won’t Stop International Diplomatic Onslaught