Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (657424 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Liamm(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:51am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
4k aed is like 180k, is ds for a month or a year??
if its for a year, still reasonable, is it like a sef con with toilet nd bath nd kitchenette or just a room??
I can get 2 of my friends or one nd we divide the money.
I pray its for a year o.

lol, a year ke? its for a month.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
lmao.....hehehe, wahala dey o, thank you sooo much for this enlightenment, I'm in a dilemma ryt now, shey na rice person go kon take all hin life chop, wen dem dey sell tuber of yam here #150, my mama dey supply me palm oil, clean one for free, stock fish, dry fish nd snail, I dey do shakara even for house....you have made it really easy for me justi, God will bless you, na to go find very big leather box take load some of ds Africa food wey go last me like d 3 first months.
One of my friends uncle told me to come see him today, he said he nd his friend do secure job for pple b4 going nd even accommodation nd dt none of dem get less dan 100k in a month as salary
na wetin Graduate asst.dey collect for Oau b dt na or lesser dan dt sef.
To confirm his words, i saw d salary structure of one of the guys he helped, security man earning 2200 AED
that wud be like #99000 if 1 aed is equivalent to #45

Dubai is not like Nigeria. We keep announcing it but una no wan hear. with 100K you can survive reasonably in Nigeria. In dubai money blows fats. You think you can survive on that but when you get here and see the reality you start complaining. Also, don't be deceived by whatever salary structure you see. Very very few security men earn up to 1,500aed talk more of 2000k. Read back on the thread and you will see their stories. They tell you there is free accommodation but have you seen what they call accommodation? its worse than a pig sty.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2014
Liamm: thanks alot baby....

You are welcome.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

lol, a year ke? its for a month.

Hhahahahaha....i no fit laugh grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

Dubai is not like Nigeria. We keep announcing it but una no wan hear. with 100K you can survive reasonably in Nigeria. In dubai money blows fats. You think you can survive on that but when you get here and see the reality you start complaining. Also, don't be deceived by whatever salary structure you see. Very very few security men earn up to 1,500aed talk more of 2000k. Read back on the thread and you will see their stories. They tell you there is free accommodation but have you seen what they call accommodation? its worse than a pig sty.
wtf!!! if this true, how do u guys now survive there, why are you still there and not return home?? abi na 10,000 AEd or more una dey collect as salary...don't tell me you are enduring this hardship.
U keep telling us how hard life is over there, yet una sef stay there, una no come Naija, what do u av to say to this,
P.S: I'm not doubting you, just wanna satisfy my curiosity.

5 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 10:58am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
wtf!!! if this true, how do u guys now survive there, why are you still there and not return home?? abi na 10,000 AEd or more una dey collect as salary...don't tell me you are enduring this hardship.
U keep telling us how hard life is over there, yet una sef stay there, una no come Naija, what do u av to say to this,
P.S: I'm not doubting you, just wanna satisfy my curiosity.

This is why many people come and end up as Teco boys. when we advise them not to come unless they are fully prepared, they say we are lying, after all we are "flexing'. The fact that some have good jobs should not be used as a yardstick because its not the norm. I didn't say don't come. Just know where you are coming to. Have enough money so you don't get desperate to accept any job that is flung at you. If you are well prepared you will be able to take your time and search for a good job. Also, be very very very skeptical of all these direct employment visa because they rarely end well.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

This is why many people come and end up as Teco boys. when we advise them not to come unless they are fully prepared, they say we are lying, after all we are "flexing'. The fact that some have good jobs should not be used as a yardstick because its not the norm. I didn't say don't come. Just know where you are coming to. Have enough money so you don't get desperate to accept any job that is flung at you. If you are well prepared you will be able to take your time and search for a good job. Also, be very very very skeptical of all these direct employment visa because they rarely end well.
Ok, tnx for this, buh what is ur own definition of a 'good job' and good salary in Dubai....?? like what kinda job and what's the salary structure like, is it also possible for Nigerians like us to get these kinda jobs.??
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
Ok, tnx for this, buh what is ur own definition of a 'good job' and good salary in Dubai....?? like what kinda job and what's the salary structure like, is it also possible for Nigerians like us to get these kinda jobs.??

Keep in mind that what is good for A may be rubbish for B. For a person having a masters degree, getting a job that pays lets say 100k will not be acceptable but for someone with only WAEC, 100K job might seem like paradise. So I can't answer your question. Its left or you to decide what kind of job you can settle for. There are Nigerians in this same Dubai earning above AED50,000 and there are too many Nigerians earning above AED10,000 as well. it really depends on your qualification, work experience(yes even your naija work experience can sometimes be valued), how you present yourself AND most importantly the employer (asides the Grace of God). You can't expect an indian employer who owns a restaurant or small business to pay you AED10,000 when he himself might not even make that much. But for multinational corporations, its chicken change.

Come you have to pay me for all this long epistle you have been making me type since morning oh grin grin

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Dafa(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2014
Good day house, I have an e-visa which was issued on the 15th of july and expires on the 28th, but my question is am leaving on the 23rd and am spending 7 days to come bck on the 30th , I hope that wldnt mean I have overstayed my visa.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by truelovecom: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2014
frostmate:
Emirates is more expensive from what I was told. People I have asked so far recommend Belhasa.
Ok
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2014
Dafa: Good day house, I have an e-visa which was issued on the 15th of july and expires on the 28th, but my question is am leaving on the 23rd and am spending 7 days to come bck on the 30th , I hope that wldnt mean I have overstayed my visa.

You are on point, the date is just the validity of your visa means you cannot use the visa after the 28th july.

Have a safe trip.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

Keep in mind that what is good for A may be rubbish for B. For a person having a masters degree, getting a job that pays lets say 100k will not be acceptable but for someone with only WAEC, 100K job might seem like paradise. So I can't answer your question. Its left or you to decide what kind of job you can settle for. There are Nigerians in this same Dubai earning above AED50,000 and there are too many Nigerians earning above AED10,000 as well. it really depends on your qualification, work experience(yes even your naija work experience can sometimes be valued), how you present yourself AND most importantly the employer (asides the Grace of God). You can't expect an indian employer who owns a restaurant or small business to pay you AED10,000 when he himself might not even make that much. But for multinational corporations, its chicken change.

Come you have to pay me for all this long epistle you have been making me type since morning oh grin grin
lol...You are a darling, only God will repay you handsomely for this wealth of info u dished out...
I really appreciate you, this is exactly my tots too, I tot discrimination wud affect all Nigerians like u just av to settle for menial jobs....
Using myself as a case study, I studied architecture and graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University and I have some designs I av worked on and handling at the moment, I can use AutoCAD nd some other softwares too, I can work on sites and supervise construction jobs, I speak and write good English..lol
den suppose fit give me better job na abi wetin u think...cheesy

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
lol...You are a darling, only God will repay you handsomely for this wealth of info u dished out...
I really appreciate you, this is exactly my tots too, I tot discrimination wud affect all Nigerians like u just av to settle for menial jobs....
Using myself as a case study, I studied architecture and graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University and I have some designs I av worked on and handling at the moment, I can use AutoCAD nd some other softwares too, I can work on sites and supervise construction jobs, I speak and write good English..lol
As we say very many times.
You have qualifications from Nigeria and are educated.
In U.A.E. and similar arab countries you will still be at the bottom of the list for good jobs!
First white British, Americans & Europeans.
Then Chinese, Indians & Arabs.
Finally black Africans

This is the way that they operate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:

lol.

Like I said, it depends on many factors and the Grace of God in your life. Its left for you to come and try your best. But don't make it a do or die affair. Know what you are willing to settle for.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
worry359:
As we say very many times.
You have qualifications from Nigeria and are educated.
In U.A.E. and similar arab countries you will still be at the bottom of the list for good jobs!
First white British, Americans & Europeans.
Then Chinese, Indians & Arabs.
Finally black Africans

This is the way that they operate.

While what you say is mostly true, it is NOT applicable all the time. I have seen many Africans selected BEFORE those with white skins. Its this kind of mentality that makes Africans too timid to even aim high and that is why you see many at the bottom of the ladder.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

lol.

Like I said, it depends on many factors and the Grace of God in your life. Its left for you to come and try your best. But don't make it a do or die affair. Know what you are willing to settle for.
alright dear, as a more experienced person, if I wanna come, how do I go about it, note that, I'm due to go for nysc with this batch C, I was thinking of boycotting it kind of, buh my mom advised I go for nysc first.
assuming I wanna boycott nysc, after obtaining Int. passport, what shud be my next line of action.
una don advise make we no meet any agent...lol
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jibwillz: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
Plz wtz d possibility of schooling over der 4 an ssce holder... And can work b combined wiv skul... Thnx
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
justi4jesu:

When you are told food is cheap in Dubai means Food like KFC,WENDYS,MACDONALDS, rice,parata, biri yani,fruits etc

Food is not cheap when it comes to African food, whether you want to cook it by urself or not.

African food is expensive both to buy in the restaurant and to buy the raw ones.

List of items i bought from the African SHOP yesterday:

1. 1 small tuber of Yam that i can finish in 1 meal = 60 Dirhams i.e 2,700 naira

2. 1 litre of Palm oil = 75 Dirhams i.e 3,375 naira

3. 1 carton of Malta Guiness(12 cans) = 2,700 naira

4. Fresh Naija very hot pepper(like 15pieces) = 10 Dirhams i.e 450naira

5. stock fish and Dry fish dont even go there.

Now lets go to eating at the restaurant.

Biggie's African restaurant vegetable soup with pounded yam = 55 Dirhams i.e 2,475 naira

For other soup i dont know actually but just know it is more than 1,000 naira.

You can also get cheaper from other restaurant but the prices are slightly different.

It all boils down to African food is not cheap here except you will be eating rice everyday or biri yani or parata or fruits then you can call it cheap.

So hold all the money you can because nobody will be willing to buy food for you especially those guys at deira, they will be willing to drain you as you are fresh to the hussles.

Goodluck

Palm oil is expensive shocked

I sometimes see yam in Carrefour, but I nefa bother to find out how much.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
HAH: Food is very cheap in dubai if you are going to cook, transpotation is also cheap if you are using the metro and buses. What is expensive in dubai is accomodation even that one. Has some places that are ok like international city, and al nahda atleast you can see a studio apartment for AED35k that is like N1.5M.

Alternatively you can move to sharjah which is not more than 30 minutes drive where you can get a studio for as low as AED18k

Accomodation are not paid in full you can give post dated cheques may be quarterly

So if you are for instance staying average in Abuja moving to dubai will not be a problem

These suggestion are for average working class but as a hustler e no go easy o,

I very much agree. Accommodation in Dubai is very expensive compared to other things. Even in international city prices are going up. Some agents/landlords use expo 2020 as an excuse for the price
increase.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by HAH: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
frostmate:

I very much agree. Accommodation in Dubai is very expensive compared to other things. Even in international city prices are going up. Some agents/landlords use expo 2020 as an excuse for the price
increase.

You are right just a year ago you can get a studio at IC for 25k, I will advice those on tight budget to seek accomodation in Sharjah or even Ajman after all the three emirate have now being joined due to expansion
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
frostmate:

Palm oil is expensive shocked

I sometimes see yam in Carrefour, but I nefa bother to find out how much.

yes oh palmoil is expensive even yam.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
Make I go see for myself, I just wanna leave Naija, no be because of greener pasture, I get 'greenest' pasture for here sef, if d wahala too much, I dey run come my house back, d major reasons I wanna travel is to stop being a mommy's boi who has everything provided for him, I wanna hustle nd act like a man, I want to b able to have my own money nd even gv to her if she needs money at some point,
2. I wanna see ow it is in a foreign country, this wud b d first tym I'll be leaving Naija for somewhere else.
3. I hear about Dubai everyday, the architectural wonders nd masterpieces, I wanna see doz tins with my eyes, I av my eyes on their consrtruction firms, architectural firm, I studied architecture in OAU ife nd I read a lot bout Dubai nd watch some of their documentaries.
aii..... all the Best
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
justi4jesu:

yes oh palmoil is expensive even yam.

Please which African shop will you recommend? Thank you
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jibwillz: Plz wtz d possibility of schooling over der 4 an ssce holder... And can work b combined wiv skul... Thnx
. schooling in Dubai is expensive..
why not try Austria, Canada, USA, Uk
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jibwillz: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Yungmilio2:
. schooling in Dubai is expensive..
why not try Austria, Canada, USA, Uk
thnx 4ur response... Buh d thnq is,, I jes qot an admission into 1 of em federal skul buh I'm thinkin of boycotting d admission 2 hussle in uae.. Plz Is it a qud move? Or I'm takin a wrnq Step!!!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jibwillz: thnx 4ur response... Buh d thnq is,, I jes qot an admission into 1 of em federal skul buh I'm thinkin of boycotting d admission 2 hussle in uae.. Plz Is it a qud move? Or I'm takin a wrnq Step!!!

You should first go back to school and learn to type correctly in English.
NOT text speak!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jibwillz: thnx 4ur response... Buh d thnq is,, I jes qot an admission into 1 of em federal skul buh I'm thinkin of boycotting d admission 2 hussle in uae.. Plz Is it a qud move? Or I'm takin a wrnq Step!!!
getting a Dubai visa is damn easy compare to you getting admitted in a Federal Uni in Nigeria
no doubt you still a young lad.
you going to hussle in Dubai with your Olevel result.
let's forget about Luck for now.. statistically
you getting a Nice job with Nice pay is just 1%.
don't think you can cope with that for two years.
if Luck no show. in the next 5years nothing is guaranteed.
you with no field of specialization. you can only get menial jobs
salespersons, security guard etc.
or join those in loading and offloading
school for now should be your number one priority
build your future gradually
get your cert. then go hussle with or without your kpali.
congratulation bout ur admission ish
go do your registration
hope engr? so that you can join them in QATAR years later for construction #wC2022
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jibwillz: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
worry359:

You should first go back to school and learn to type correctly in English.
NOT text speak!
I dnt rmbr quotin u specifically 4an opinion,, so if u cnt offer a meaningful advice as reqardn ma questn,, ur comment dznt count.. Buh its been noted n flushed dwn d drain sha.. Oya run alonq "English professor"...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jibwillz: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Yungmilio2:
getting a Dubai visa is damn easy compare to you getting admitted in a Federal Uni in Nigeria
no doubt you still a young lad.
you going to hussle in Dubai with your Olevel result.
let's forget about Luck for now.. statistically
you getting a Nice job with Nice pay is just 1%.
don't think you can cope with that for two years.
if Luck no show. in the next 5years nothing is guaranteed.
you with no field of specialization. you can only get menial jobs
salespersons, security guard etc.
or join those in loading and offloading
school for now should be your number one priority
build your future gradually
get your cert. then go hussle with or without your kpali.
congratulation bout ur admission ish
go do your registration
hope engr? so that you can join them in QATAR years later for construction #wC2022
Damn! U dnt knw hw thankful I am 4diz lil piece of advice... Thnx sire,, I rilly appreciate it...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
@JUSTI4JESU AND MONSHUSHU, PLEASE WEY OGAKPAKTAPATA NOW
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by colossus2: 4:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Jibwillz: I dnt rmbr quotin u specifically 4an opinion,, so if u cnt offer a meaningful advice as reqardn ma questn,, ur comment dznt count.. Buh its been noted n flushed dwn d drain sha.. Oya run alonq "English professor"...
Thanks for your level-headed response. Was about commenting about his harsh response when I dozed off last night. Well my opinion is you should go to school and get a certificate. You don't know how the future might be. I believe if you start working now, you won't care about schooling again.
What if tomorrow, life's system changes and all that is required to survive well in the system becomes having a certificate, then you will fall back to what you skipped. It might not be too late then, but it will surely be late bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.