Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,332 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (653482 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by donrocky(m): 6:08am On Dec 14, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yes there scammers on dubizzle but also so many genuine jobs there.

Let me give you a hint!

Do less of clicking Apply now for jobs on dubizzle because thats what virtually everyone does and they get their Cv's trashed most times.

Do more of advertising your CV and skills and you will get calls and emails for interviews everyday, broadcast your Cv early in morning around 6am to 7am because thats when Top managers and HR's go to work and surf dubizzle for applicants , you can be invited for even like 2 to 3 interviews on the same day.

Trust me..............IT WORKS LIKE MAGIC.
thank very much,but am back to Nigeria now..i don't like it there in dubai..I don't think I can live there...pls I want to apply for us b1/b2 visa asap and I don't know if that dubai stamp in my passport mean I have traveling experience, can I apply for the visa..

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:10am On Dec 14, 2014
donrocky:
thank very much,but am back to Nigeria now..i don't like it there in dubai..I don't think I can live there...pls I want to apply for us b1/b2 visa asap and I don't know if that dubai stamp in my passport mean I have traveling experience, can I apply for the visa..

Welcome back. This not B1/B2 visa thread Sir. Am sure you can find it scanning through the Travel Section. smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeklef(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2014
Which is the best for job finders between brazil and uae?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by amen1967: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello Guru's in the house please answer this question as I intend coming to UAE to search for job, the certificates I intend coming with were obtained from England; do I need to attest the certificate which include my Bsc from Nigeria;Msc from England and Nebosh IGC
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by alertbest(m): 12:09am On Dec 15, 2014
kudos to all, i had found this thread both informative nd educative and i pray that God will put smile on your face as you make others happy.
I saw this thread like two weeks ago and have being reading it diligently from page 1 and now at page 170.

i want to know if my use of recommended glasses can not harm my chances of been employed in dubai and also to know if i can do safety courses with the fact that am using glasses.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 6:39am On Dec 15, 2014
@justi4jesu good work on this forum, been following you and others here 4 a while.

Am a doctor working in Nigeria, with 3years post job experience, am planning the middle east for a Job as a doc. However because of my scare for fraudulent agents, I tried getting it done of DIY basis. Honestly it's difficult but at least after lots of research I have infos.

1. For Dubai wch pays well, I understand I need to write the DHA license exam and will need to be there n prepare for 3months, abeg how do I get such 3months visa and accommodation 4 such?
2. Does anyone have reputable job recruitment agencies in Naija that can help out with getting a job in Saudi Arabia as SAUDI doesn't really need an exam, jux 2yrs post experience. So I hear you could be recruited straight from Naija and they pay for all expenses.
Please I need infos and advice.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2014
alertbest:
kudos to all, i had found this thread both informative nd educative and i pray that God will put smile on your face as you make others happy.
I saw this thread like two weeks ago and have being reading it diligently from page 1 and now at page 170.

i want to know if my use of recommended glasses can not harm my chances of been employed in dubai and also to know if i can do safety courses with the fact that am using glasses.
No it doesn't stop u from pursuing a career in safety management. There are even safety glasses that can be worn along with ur glasses.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2014
esosa4real:
@justi4jesu good work on this forum, been following you and others here 4 a while.

Am a doctor working in Nigeria, with 3years post job experience, am planning the middle east for a Job as a doc. However because of my scare for fraudulent agents, I tried getting it done of DIY basis. Honestly it's difficult but at least after lots of research I have infos.

1. For Dubai wch pays well, I understand I need to write the DHA license exam and will need to be there n prepare for 3months, abeg how do I get such 3months visa and accommodation 4 such?
2. Does anyone have reputable job recruitment agencies in Naija that can help out with getting a job in Saudi Arabia as SAUDI doesn't really need an exam, jux 2yrs post experience. So I hear you could be recruited straight from Naija and they pay for all expenses.
Please I need infos and advice.

The bolded is not true. You do not need to be in the UAE for anything during the initial stages. You will only be required to come to the UAE if you want to search for jobs personally after passing the exam and getting your Eligibility letter.

For the Saudi job search, I know they come around Nigeria once or twice a year to conduct interviews and recruitments and it is all free although they get a percentage of your first set of wages (something like that). Use google and you will find out more.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2014
iiiyyyk:
thanks so much at justi4Jesus, monchouchou.
its the lords doing.....

@ fxsly,, I didn't apply for Visa, my employer did every thing, i didnt pay for visa or ticket.
i actually applied for jobs. its Baba God o, Also im a health professional in a very special niche.

Do not allow any body to dupe u, you can do it urself.. ask question here, we have gurus in the house that will assist you, especially if u are doing it ur self. tnx.

Bro congrats o!! As you can see in ma previous post, this is exactly what am talking abot (Do-It-Yourself). . . .i dnt wanna be duped.
However you stated that a company is sponsoring u, so if I may ask, where you searching for companies that will sponsor u for the Dha exam? Co's dey don't advertise that. What do u advise? Should I email hospitals dere my cv and seeks sponsorship as well?
Also bro are u a doctor? Did u apply as a GP? Or u ve a speciality? Cos most jobs I see r for specialties.
Lastly, @justi4jesu had provided some sites like bayt.com which I ve registered and filled cv to 98% completeness, do I ve to apply everyday on the site?
I know the process will take long but I am ready for it, thanks and God bless u and others who offered you advices on this forum!

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2014
monchouchou:

The bolded is not true. You do not need to be in the UAE for anything during the initial stages. You will only be required to come to the UAE if you want to search for jobs personally after passing the exam and getting your Eligibility letter.

For the Saudi job search, I know they come around Nigeria once or twice a year to conduct interviews and recruitments and it is all free although they get a percentage of your first set of wages (something like that). Use google and you will find out more.

Wow, God bless you for this prompt reply. Thanks because now I understand the process a little. I am researching the DHA link u provided one time for info's and wud try finding out how to write the exam.

My sister I don research and Google tire for saudi/qatar/dubai links, not got any concrete stuff. I am just knowing for the first time that SAUDI links vist naija and it's free and that they do visit twice a year. How and when I can contact "these people"? I have no idea oo but will keep googling.
I have also asked @iiiyyyk for info's on dubai, please how did u help him? Will need same help, forever grateful, thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2014
esosa4real:

Wow, God bless you for this prompt reply. Thanks because now I understand the process a little. I am researching the DHA link u provided one time for info's and wud try finding out how to write the exam.

My sister I don research and Google tire for saudi/qatar/dubai links, not got any concrete stuff. I am just knowing for the first time that SAUDI links vist naija and it's free and that they do visit twice a year. How and when I can contact "these people"? I have no idea oo but will keep googling.
I have also asked @iiiyyyk for info's on dubai, please how did u help him? Will need same help, forever grateful, thanks

I didn't provide any special help to iiiyyyk apart from whats posted here. He also did his research and decided to find a sponsor first but, as you are undoubtedly finding out, its very very hard to get a hospital/clinic to sponsor you when there are many people who already have their eligibility letters on ground, unless you have a speciality they are looking for.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by amen1967: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yes you can get a job in dubai with your ssce,like I have said earlier attest ur certificates before embarking on ur journey to dubai else it will be difficult to go about it when you are in dubai. I can't say d kind of job you will get,its all in God's hands. Just apply for the jobs you want and leave the rest to God.

Hello Guru's in the house please answer this question as I intend coming to UAE to search for job, the certificates I intend coming with were obtained from England; do I need to attest the certificate which include my Bsc from Nigeria;Msc from England and Nebosh IGC
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by koredex4love(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Pls,is it true one can switch job after a year of your current contract in dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2014
koredex4love:
Pls,is it true one can switch job after a year of your current contract in dubai?

First and Foremost, Is your Contract limited or Unlimited?

LIMITED CONTRACT- You will be tied to the company for 2years, If you resign before the End of the contract, Labour will give you Automatic 6months Ban. Your Employer and also ban you, withing this period you cannot transfer to another company. The only way out is to get a Job within a Freezone company because it is exempted from the UAE Law Ban.

UNLIMITED CONTRACT- Your contract is for 2years and if you resign, you get 6months Automatic Ban from Labour, Here you can transfer to other labour companies as long as your salary is atleast 5,000 Dirhams and you will also need to Tender your University Degree attested Certificate to the UAE Labour to attain that Salary bracket.

Article 117 (1) of the UAE Federal Law No 8 of 1980 states: “Both the employer and the worker may terminate a contract of employment of unlimited duration for a valid reason at any time following its conclusion by giving the other party notice in writing at least 30 days before the termination.”
As per the new information, currently the Ministry of Labour does not impose employment ban on the employee if the employee has completed one year of continuous work with its current employer. Since anyone who have completed continuous job for over one year with your current employer will not get any employment ban. This is applicable in case if you wish to resign from your current employment.

Source: http://www.visauae.in/2013/02/labour-ban-and-contracts.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2014
amen1967:

I dont know or sure if you have to Attest your Uk Certificate, others can enlighten you more on that. But as for your B.SC from Nigeria it has to be Attested. I don't also know about Attesting your Nebosh Certificate.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by amen1967: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2014
justi4jesu:

I dont know or sure if you have to Attest your Uk Certificate, others can enlighten you more on that. But as for your B.SC from Nigeria it has to be Attested. I don't also know about Attesting your Nebosh Certificate.

Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
amen1967:

It is always preferred to attest all educational certs. Some companies ask for attested certs. some don't. It depends on the position and company I think. You might want to consider attesting your UK degree as well.

See below it might help

http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_Finance_Attestation_of_Certificates_in_Dubai_9567.aspx
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by amen1967: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
frostmate:

It is always preferred to attest all educational certs. Some companies ask for attested certs. some don't. It depends on the position and company I think. You might want to consider attesting your UK degree as well.

See below it might help

http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_Finance_Attestation_of_Certificates_in_Dubai_9567.aspx
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by aadetoyin(f): 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hello house, thanks to all who has been keeping this thread alive.
I am travelling to Dubai for Xmas holidays pls do I need to obtain the yellow card? And what kind of advice will u give to a first timer in dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Am not discouraging anybody but presently to the people willing to go out there with 2 months visa?there is little or no jobs presently and if you are determined?you must be ready to apply,walk in,apply,walk,apply and drop cv from morning till night to get one and favor of god also by your side good.
O last set of people who went out to Dubai were unsuccessful even after trying to bribe with 1k5 dirhams or 2k dirhams to get them offer letters Biut still no job and some idiots amongst them decide to overstay ( teko run )away thereby causing troubles for my brother and sponsor who got th the visas through their card.

I will advice to chill and Khali wahlii not worth it(you will enter UAE and become an illegal immigrant)cos me I personally like to breeze in and out of any where/country with valid visa/residency permit to enable free movement.

My 20 kobo.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bobkezel(m): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Can som1 please translate this language in yoruba.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fohiss: 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
greetings everyone... pls justi4jesu nd co pls ansa dis ., if someöne is given a 2yrs working visa... on d day of travelling wil does ogas at d airport ask of BTA??
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:34am On Dec 17, 2014
aadetoyin:
Hello house, thanks to all who has been keeping this thread alive.
I am travelling to Dubai for Xmas holidays pls do I need to obtain the yellow card? And what kind of advice will u give to a first timer in dubai?

No need for Yellow card.

First if your passport is Virgin, make sure you hold like #1,000 for those Immigration guys because they won't smile with you at all, they will even request for 100 Dollars cheesy, Make sure you have your hotel booking, thats another avenue they use to extort money from first timers.

Make sure you have your BTA and Credit card with you to show them in case. But hotel booking is very important to avoid any delay from those hungry immigrations you will meet.

If it fits into your budget you could wrap up your vacation with a half day trip into the desert to ride camels and go four wheel driving. Your hotel can organize that for you.

At night consider going to the gold souk even if you don't buy anything, it's incredible to stroll around and witness bartering and the hundreds of stores, if you haggle you'll surely get a good bargain.

At Dubai mall which you can definitely spend a whole day at, make sure to catch the Dancing Fountain shows which begins after 6pm I believe. The wafi gourmet on the promenade offers good views over a traditional Arabic meal.

However, we would advise you stay close to the metro. You get to spend less on transportation if you use the metro. Ensure your hotel is close to a metro station.

You can get the metro cards at any station and also use it to visit any of the malls. The metro saves you on a lot except you are on a very fat budget then you can even go ahead to book those taxis or better still, call a cab anytime you want to go out.

You should definitely shop in Deira (things are cheaper in this area) but try to avoid fellows Nigerians hanging around. Am sure you know why.

You can visit the Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Marina Mall, Ibn Battuta Mall etc. In some cases, you might have a tour agency attached to your hotel.

Take the big bus tour of Dubai, the starting point is at the Deira city centre. You can also buy your Desert Safari ticket from them as well as

the Wild Wadi Water Park at a much discounted price.

Whatever you do, do not miss Ski Dubai at Mall of the Emirates! grin It is sure gonna be a fantastic experience if you try it. Another place is the Atlantis (The Lost Chambers) which has a beach nearby. Your kids would sure love this, if you are going with your kids.

For African food, you can visit African Home Restaurant at the Mezanine floor Al Hili Hotel on Al Sabka road Deira. They also have a branch

near California Hotel Naif Deira or better still my best African Restaurant is at Bur Dubai called KIZA LOUNGE,very conducive,classy and also free from the whole up and down market noise and too many Nigerian ish..... wink

You can also visit Dragon Mart at the International City, a Chinese mall with very cheap stuff. You should also try the Karama Market for cheap designer replica that most boutiques in Nigeria sell.

Here is a picture of Ski at Mall of Emirates....Its fun smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:39am On Dec 17, 2014
fohiss:
greetings everyone... pls justi4jesu nd co pls ansa dis ., if someöne is given a 2yrs working visa... on d day of travelling wil does ogas at d airport ask of BTA??

BTA is for those going with Tourist Visa only. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2014
@justi4jesu, you deserve 100 likes for your comprehensive post above grin grin

Just to add, aadetoyin, don't be scared of visiting the malls for shopping. Many of them are currently having a lot of sales so you get good quality designer wears for a fraction of the price.

Miracle Garden is currently open now so you can visit and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere with your family. A Safari is almost a must do for all tourists and also try to get a boat cruise at Dubai Marina.

Abu dhabi is only 1 hour away so take a trip to Ferrari world and tour the city as well.

**will add more when I remember them**

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2014
monchouchou:
@justi4jesu, you deserve 100 likes for your comprehensive post above grin grin

Just to add, aadetoyin, don't be scared of visiting the malls for shopping. Many of them are currently having a lot of sales so you get good quality designer wears for a fraction of the price.

Miracle Garden is currently open now so you can visit and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere with your family. A Safari is almost a must do for all tourists and also try to get a boat cruise at Dubai Marina.

Abu dhabi is only 1 hour away so take a trip to Ferrari world and tour the city as well.

**will add more when I remember them**

I learnt from the best............I learnt from youuuuuuuuuu cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2014
justi4jesu:
I learnt from the best............I learnt from youuuuuuuuuu cheesy cheesy cheesy

#wash grin grin

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....[center]pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....[/center]pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Teeboy22:
pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....[center]pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....[/center]pls any1 living and working in qatar here shd kindly share his experience,,,lifestyle,,work,,nd other stuffs ...tnx.....
Ask a more specific question. U.A.E and Qatar are not so different. One is like a smaller version of the other. All these things have been treated here over and over again. Just read back on the thread

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by aadetoyin(f): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks so much for ur detailed reply. Will surely use the bus cos we are on a tight budget. Still toasting hubby for the Safari, would really love that.
As for those immigration peeps and their bta wahala, heard banks do not give the cash equivalent of bta instead it is processed in ur MasterCard instead of carrying cash. I just pray those immigration peeps don't have my time on that day.

Thanks once again for all the info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.