Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (657252 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Gooci:

Thanks, but is the figure really 250aed

It's possible. I don't know what Al Ahli charges. Check their website to get the accurate figure
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
monchouchou:

It's possible. I don't know what Al Ahli charges. Check their website to get the accurate figure
http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=3
If you fail, you will have to register with your driving school for at least 7 more classes and get a new road-test date.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
monchouchou:

Please I'm just giving you my personal opinion. You don't have to change all you plans because of that as some people come this period and still end up not having jobs while some come during the middle of the year and get jobs almost immediately smiley

u:ll right monchouchou thanks........but this new immigration law of 1month n ten days is it extentdable
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
The headache of getting a drivers' license in these two countries Hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hectorray:

u:ll right monchouchou thanks........but this new immigration law of 1month n ten days is it extentdable

It is not extendable.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
abuyuunus:

It is not extendable.

ok thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2015
worry359:

http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=3
If you fail, you will have to register with your driving school for at least 7 more classes and get a new road-test date.

oga oooo. God will help me oo.
I have checked the site... thank you. Honestly, i get work to do oo cry
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by onyenro(m): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
just wise, has the ban on Qatar visa to Nigerians been lifted?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Obiwannn: 12:05am On Jan 24, 2015
onyenro:
just wise, has the ban on Qatar visa to Nigerians been lifted?

was there ever a ban?

does this thread cover saudi arabia also?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:52am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiwannn:

was there ever a ban?

Yes it covers all UAE Countries and Saudi is part of it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Obiwannn: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2015
justi4jesu:

Yes it covers all UAE Countries and Saudi is part of it.

well a friend just went to Saudi last year.
for study purposes so I think Nigeria has been exempted.

also does certification at the ministry of education which is done on the 'original' certificate render that certificate invalid?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Hello house....... can i attest to my certificate in dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hectorray:
Hello house....... can i attest to my certificate in dubai

Only after you have attested it in Nigeria.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by onyenro(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiwannn:

was there ever a ban?

there has been a ban since that Ebola scare.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
justi4jesu:

Only after you have attested it in Nigeria.

pls hw do i go abt the attestation in nigeria nd what will it cost me to do that?.....thanks..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tyslimmie: 1:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hectorray:

pls hw do i go abt the attestation in nigeria nd what will it cost me to do that?.....thanks..

1. you visit the federal ministry of education at Abuja, It's gonna cost you about 1500 per document there.

2. Federal ministry of foreign affairs, It's adjacent to ministry of education, you can get your documents done at 2k per document if you wanna collect it that day.

3 the last port of call is UAE embassy, It's $30 per document here.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
tyslimmie:

1. you visit the federal ministry of education at Abuja, It's gonna cost you about 1500 per document there.

2. Federal ministry of foreign affairs, It's adjacent to ministry of education, you can get your documents done at 2k per document if you wanna collect it that day.

but cant i do it in lagos since i dont really have any need going to abj or can i board a flight from abt to dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello house.... Pls I need a urgent response. Av been asking for how to go about dubai taxi for som times now. I had to option to choose either driving or security job.
Like I said on this thread before, a friend of mine is already there since december, undergoing the driving school, he's about to do parking test and final road test. So far, he has spent up to 200k on feeding, accommodation nd driving skool etc
There would be a huge pressure on me to pass this training skool from home, cuz I will still be dependent on them @ home for money. I am thinking of switching to security so that I can start work immediately wen I get to dubai.. Mayb later wen m settled nd used to the system, I can now do d training skool on my own with less of pressure on me.

Or wot do you guys think
@justie4jesu @monchouchou @everyone

Or I should jst head for d driving str8 away...

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
onyenro:

there has been a ban since that Ebola scare.
The 'ban' isn't a ban in real terms and it had nothing to do with the ebola outbreak. Many people (including) have been traveling to and fro during and after the ebola thing without any drama linked to it. They only reduced the issuance of fresh visas or make the procedure more difficult. It's a mix-bag of so many things which isn't easy to explain in simple terms mostly.

@ Gooci
My honest advice is consider ur options very well. Getting a driving license isn't a walk in the park in these parts. If u want to venture into it as a fresh person, make sure u have a solid financial backing from Nigeria without much pressure especially in these era of the dollar taking the naira to the cleaners. The pressure of studying and focusing on the training itself is enough. Adding the anxiety/worry of finance to it may affect u negatively. Don't forget that there's no assurance that the person will get it on first attempt even after spending so much. Which ever u look at it, I can assure u that u will spend over 200k naira on the project. Wish u all the best in whatever decision u take
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
DrDre1:

The 'ban' isn't a ban in real terms and it had nothing to do with the ebola outbreak. Many people (including) have been traveling to and fro during and after the ebola thing without any drama linked to it. They only reduced the issuance of fresh visas or make the procedure more difficult. It's a mix-bag of so many things which isn't easy to explain in simple terms mostly.

@ Gooci
My honest advice is consider ur options very well. Getting a driving license isn't a walk in the park in these parts. If u want to venture into it as a fresh person, make sure u have a solid financial backing from Nigeria without much pressure especially in these era of the dollar taking the naira to the cleaners. The pressure of studying and focusing on the training itself is enough. Adding the anxiety/worry of finance to it may affect u negatively. Don't forget that there's no assurance that the person will get it on first attempt even after spending so much. Which ever u look at it, I can assure u that u will spend over 200k naira on the project. Wish u all the best in whatever decision u take

Thanks dre... I really appreciate yur response. I will take along with me a 5yr driving license from naija, so I will only register for 8classes nd 20practicals.. I also plan to take along 250-300k as BTA which I pray will take me thru the whole process. I don't wanna collect any more money from them @ home. I pray everytin goes well...

Once again, I really appreciate yur response. Jst gaz do my assignment well bfor I move.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Obiwannn: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
tyslimmie:

its 300 naira per document at ministry of education. was there last week
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hectorray:

Read backwards.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tyslimmie: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiwannn:

its 300 naira per document at ministry of education. was there last week

well....... if you factor the fact that you will have to pay for scratch card( if you didn't go with 1), printing of result, payment for form, payment in bank you then you would know Why I said about 1500
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hectorray: 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
justi4jesu:

Read backwards.

thanks everyone for ur help....... u guys are the best..
but i would want to kno if i can do it in lagos... or if i can get a flight from abj to dubai so i could use d opportunity to do it...
thanksss
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
please fellow nairalanders, help your brother ooo. I was issue a three months visa and the entry date 30th DEC and expiring date 27th of feb ..my agent now called me today that my visa has expired that the present law stated that you must not spend more than twenty days outside....and am scared ooo...kindly enlight me
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 7:35am On Jan 25, 2015
Gooci:
Hello house.... Pls I need a urgent response. Av been asking for how to go about dubai taxi for som times now. I had to option to choose either driving or security job.
Like I said on this thread before, a friend of mine is already there since december, undergoing the driving school, he's about to do parking test and final road test. So far, he has spent up to 200k on feeding, accommodation nd driving skool etc
There would be a huge pressure on me to pass this training skool from home, cuz I will still be dependent on them @ home for money. I am thinking of switching to security so that I can start work immediately wen I get to dubai.. Mayb later wen m settled nd used to the system, I can now do d training skool on my own with less of pressure on me.

Or wot do you guys think
@justie4jesu @monchouchou @everyone

Or I should jst head for d driving str8 away...

Hmn Gooci, sorry but none of us can make that decision for you. The thing is this, taxi drivers earn more than security guards as the average take home pay for most drivers is about 5k while most security guards earn at most about 2k. But then again, accommodation and feeding is usually provided for security guards while I believe taxi drivers have to fend for themselves. As I am sure you have discovered on this thread, accommodation is usually a big headache in Dubai so thats a big advantage for security guards (regardless of how bad their accommodation usually is)

Then again, as far as I am concerned, 200k is very small when it comes to getting a driving license. DrDre1 wasn't exaggerating when he said you will likely spend more than that…..

Just take your time and make sure you are fully prepared before making a decision. Dubai is not a place you want to run out of cash in. I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2015
monchouchou:

Hmn Gooci, sorry but none of us can make that decision for you. The thing is this, taxi drivers earn more than security guards as the average take home pay for most drivers is about 5k while most security guards earn at most about 2k. But then again, accommodation and feeding is usually provided for security guards while I believe taxi drivers have to fend for themselves. As I am sure you have discovered on this thread, accommodation is usually a big headache in Dubai so thats a big advantage for security guards (regardless of how bad their accommodation usually is)

Then again, as far as I am concerned, 200k is very small when it comes to getting a driving license. DrDre1 wasn't exaggerating when he said you will likely spend more than that…..

Just take your time and make sure you are fully prepared before making a decision. Dubai is not a place you want to run out of cash in. I wish you the best

Thankx so much... I av decided to go ahead for the driving, I jst have to work hard on my driving skills nd be fully prepared. I hav a good backing from home in terms of cash, bt I don't want to stress them. I will leave with 300k, bt d driving will not be from the scratch, am coming with 5yrs licence. So I will see wia d 300k gets me.

Nd pls, is there a way I can open a bank account in such a way that if someone send money to me in naija, I can access the money in dubai??
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Abosede8: 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good day beautiful people
I always read comments here concerning things am in need of n I always get feedbacks
kudos to u all

am planning to go to dubai nextmonth just for tourist. ..I was told I will share a room wit someone at d rate of 8k
I feel its expensive..so I wud like u all to pls help me wit it if i can s.ee a hotel of dat rate 8k for me alone in d room m
And also can $500dollars b enough for 7days
trip
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Abosede8:
Good day beautiful people
I always read comments here concerning things am in need of n I always get feedbacks
kudos to u all

am planning to go to dubai nextmonth just for tourist. ..I was told I will share a room wit someone at d rate of 8k
I feel its expensive..so I wud like u all to pls help me wit it if i can s.ee a hotel of dat rate 8k for me alone in d room m
And also can $500dollars b enough for 7days
trip

You mean 8k per nite?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by uche2015: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
please Nairaland do any person have an idea of "Trip Symphony jlt" and how reliable they are ? a traveling agency based in 2204, fortuna executive tower, cluster T, jumeira lakes towers, dubai. please i help here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.