Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Demystifying Prayer The Royal Telephone (module 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demystifying Prayer The Royal Telephone (module 1) (1452 Views)

Prayer: The New Testament Way / New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration / The Royal Banquet- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's(phd) Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Demystifying Prayer The Royal Telephone (module 1) by God2man(m): 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
It is important to understand this song from the Church choir: The Royal Telephone.

1. Central is never busy,
Always on the line,
You may hear from heaven,
Almost any time
it is a Royal service,
Free for one and all,
When you get in trouble,
Give this royal line a call.

2. Fail to get the answer,
Satan's crossed your wire,
By some strong delusion,
Or some base desire,
Take away obstructions,
God is on the throne,
And you'll get the answer,
Through this Royal Telephone

CHORUS

Telephone to glory,
O what joy divine!
I can feel the current
Moving on the line;
Built by God the Father, For his loved and own,
We may talk to Jesus through
this Royal Telephone.

Also read and understand this hymn by
Mrs. M.A Kidder: Did You think To Pray?

Ere you left your room this morning
Did you think to pray?
In the name of christ, Our saviour,
Did you sue for loving favor,
As a shield today?

Chorus

O how praying rests the weary?
Prayer will change the night to day
So, when life seems dark and dreary,
don't forget to pray.

The truth is, a time will come in your life that you will have no other alternative than to pray to God for help. A time will come when you will need desperate solution to an immediate need. A time will come when the help of man wiil fail you, human being will disappoint you, friends will forsake you, then the only thing that you will need that time will be prayer. I say it again that time your brain will not be able to help you, your intelectual abilty will not be able to understand the situation on ground, you wiil be left alone, you will think, think and think, yet there will be no solution. I am telling you that when that time come, the only thing you will need desperately is PRAYER.

What is Prayer?

Prayer is like a telephone conversation with God. Prayer is like embarking on a long journey with God. Prayer is communicating with God by offering up our heart's desire unto God in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, by the help of the Holy Spirit. It is a two-way communication, you speak to God and you stop talking, to allow God to speak to you. It is the blank cheque given to you by God.

Few years ago, i was in trouble, something got lost and was missing, it was not my fault, the casual worker stole it. I was devastated, fear grips me, i was confused. When i got home that day, i decided to pray with my brother, that the angel of God should intervene for the recovery of the missing document.
The next day, the document was found, Praise the Lord! I was out of trouble.
You see, if you can develop yourself and become so close to the throne of God as a result of continous bombardment of prayer and fasting, you will begin to laugh, whenever you are confronted with the storms and trouble of life. Why? You have the key of solution in your pocket, Prayer.

Prayer is difficult to understand, God cannot answer all prayers, he can only answer those prayers that are in conformity with his sovereign will. James 4:3 " Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." So, Prayer is not a way of getting your own will by force. It is allowing the will of God to be done.

God has three ways of answering prayers, YES, this is the green light. NO, this is a danger sign and WAIT for sometime, it means God is working it out for your good. Delay is not denial. There is an appointed time for every request. God will never come late.

Moreover, it is important to see an example of a "NO" case in the Bible; Deuteronomy 3:23-27 " And i besought the Lord at that time, saying, O Lord God, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy works, and according to thy might? I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon. But the Lord was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the Lord said unto me. Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter"

God told Moses "NO". God told him that he will not enter the land. So, let's be careful.

Why did God create a system of praying at all? Why can't he just answer the prayer? Why is God begging us to pray? For example, Ezekiel 22:30-31 " And i sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge before me for the land, that i should not destroy it: but i found none."

Why should God rely on our prayers before he can stop the wrath? Why?

I stand to be corrected, i think in the beginning God gave man dominion over every living thing. Genesis 1:28. After the fall of man, men started to pray because we have lost our exalted position. Genesis 4:26 " And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of Lord"
This is where prayer began in the Bible.

Another school of thought may continue think otherwise.

Watch and Pray.

God bless you.

God2man

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Witch Who Sold Her Soul To Satan / "What Is The Immaculate Conception?" / Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.