Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,037 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern (698 Views)

Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Today, i saw how my daughter was just crying and a tot came to me to get her a walker for children to aid her in moving around. I went to sites to see prices such as aliexpress, jumia etc for average price of a walker. During my research, i came across this report on indiaparenting.com which discourage the use of walker. Here is a quote
Walkers are definitely NOT recommended, because babies tend to rely on them too much. Asa result, their upper leg muscles don't develop as well as they should, and this could lead to a delayin the development of the walking milestone. In addition, each year there are around 200,000 injuries sustained by children due to walkers, and around 30,000 of these injuries are severe - they include fractures, dislocations etc.
Canada has banned the use of walkers, and the American Medical Association and various other organizations have proposed a ban on walkers in the United States. DON'T get your child a walker. http://www.indiaparenting.com/child-development/25_159/help-your-child-to-walk.html
. So my question to all especially parents, how true is this? Is walker really bad that can hamper the development of ones baby. By the way, she is 6months old. Thanks
Re: Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern by mrscolite(f): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
^^^..My daughter uses a walker. I got her one when she was 6months,maximum time she spends in it at a go I'd say 10mins...she's 10months now &can walk unaided. It is ur choice to make but sincerely I have never heard this your unsafe story before.
PS: Everything in life has cons&pros.
Re: Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern by greatgod2012(f): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2013
Well, my 1st child used walker, even for more than 4 months and he didnt have any problem. My second kid no gree use am, if i put her inside a walker, she would be crying seriously and that is how we forgot about it, likewise my 3rd baby, so, i cant anthoritatively say you are right or wrong, but knowledge is power, im sure if i stumbled on this type of infrmation you got, i wouldnt have bought walker for anyone of them. Prevention, they say, is better than cure, afterall, babies that do not use walkers also walks.
May God help us all.
Re: Walker For Children: Is It Safe For Childern by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
Thanks for your observation and comment.

(1) (Reply)

The Only People That Will Make It In Life / What Does It Mean To Show Respect To Your Husband? / Why Are You The Black Sheep Of Your Family,if You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.