Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:26 AM

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans (15948 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2013
Today is D-Day! Burkina Faso is gripped with fevered excitement hours ahead of their historic Africa Cup of Nations final against Nigeria at the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg. Every two people you meet in the West African landlocked nation are sharing gossips about today’s clash. Joy, uncertainty, fear and fury can described how they feel about the fate of their team.

Supersport.com stormed the dusty streets of Ouagadougou on Sunday morning as locals bustled their kids on rusty and rackety motorbikes to church under the blazing tropical sun. Every face was smiling sweetly and everybody wants spare some time to talk generously about what will happen in South Africa today.

“Look, over confidence will kill Nigeria,” said Ahmed Issiaka, a 31-year-old roadside mechanic, who lives in the capital.

“When I read and hear what pundits are saying and how the Nigerians are reacting to these misleading and paper previews, I feel they’d collapse tonight if the trophy eludes them. As for us Burkinabe, we’ll play our game very relaxed and when you do any task that way, you are more inspired and creative because the pressure on you seems very less.”

Burkina Faso have close to 56% of practicing Christians and 37% of Muslims, who have been living side by side peacefully for decades, but the national cause of today will likely unite them more, as some Muslims implore their fellow Christian brothers to intensify their prayers for the Stallions.

“On Friday, we the Muslims had our general prayers for our team to win the Cup. Today is Sunday and it’s the turn of our Christian brothers to pray for the same purpose that is uniting the whole nation at the moment. We are all the same today, praying to the same God to help us overcome Nigeria in the Afcon final,” Ibrahima Ouatarra, a 42-year-old pharmacist said.

Burkina Faso women are traditionally cold to these kinds of football excitements, but that has changed. They say they are behind their team and will kiss every players once they arrive with the trophy.

“No other day in the history of this country has been greater than this. We are experience something different. My mother, grandmother and sisters are all excited about our team playing the Afcon final,” Sandrine Kabore said.

“I’m waiting for tonight to give my fiancée the answer whether I will marry him. He asked me for it last month and I have been thinking. However, if the Stallions win tonight I’ll call him and say I’ve agreed to marry him,” she said.

Mariame Coulibally, who runs a local restaurant in central Ouagadougou told supersport.com she’d offer free service two hours to the game and do the same till Monday evening.

“I have enough stock and I have cooked enough to feed people for free till tomorrow. This is my contribution to this cause. We have to unite, fight and do all we can to motivate fans till final victory.”

http://mobi.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations/news/130210/Over_confidence_will_kill_Nigeria_fans

4 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by cornor(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
Let them keep dreaming,by Gods grace we'll carry the day!.our players should be careful and avoid complacency.

3 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
Very true. They have 11 men, and we have 11 men too.

All these "Nigeria will definitely win" guys. Do you have information that all of us don't?

We want to win yes, but those Burkina Faso boys are not coming there to joke around. If we want to win, we'll have to earn it on the field of play.

I was so against the Ghanian team because their fans were too arrogant. Seems Nigerian fans are even more so.

10 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by faporori24: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
Well The End Will Justify Thanks Boko Haram Ooo Burkina Faso
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by momodub: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
na wa
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by momodub: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
na wa before una say we no be anybody now na over confidence which one una dey bokina babes grin

2 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by vin4ever(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by gramci: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
No comment cheesy
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
The most important thing is that the players themselves are not overconfident.... Focus and determination!!

3 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Havilah93(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
so if we win, that girl down there will say no to her man? grin
“I’m waiting for tonight to give
my fiancée the answer whether I
will marry him. He asked me for it
last month and I have been
thinking. However, if the Stallions
win tonight I’ll call him and say
I’ve agreed to marry him,” she
said.

4 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by iluvtotodie(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
[size=13pt]Walahi, na true these people yarn. This overconfidence don dey too much o! But anyhow sha, na talk them wan talk, na their liver don dey cut them. To my people wey wan follow me come watch this match for the Ashawo joint wey wan give free fuckkk today if super eagles win, make una halla me for the address. I don dey drink Jedi since 3days now dey await this day wey Ashawo promise us free toto.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by ritux: 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
All i know is that I will celebrate at the end of today.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by TeeSeven(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
The part where s lady says she'll give a 'yes' to her suitor's proposal if their team wins is funny indeed.
I'm sorry for the guy o. He seems he's gonna get some 12 inches nail!!

2 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by executinal(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Gozzzy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
Nigerians should be careful about their utterances..... Even though it is gud to be optimistic, but overconfidence can lead to our worst nightmare!!!!!!! Nigeria, beware of Burkinabes......
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
Hopefully by 9:30 pm all these will be history! That's what I like most about time!

2 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by ffo(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
God dey our side. Go super eagles go

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by bizz(m): 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2013
I A̶̲̥̅♏ behind Nigeria full time.....and also Prophet TB Joshua has spoken the mind of God on this issue.Its final....Nigeria will come home with the CUP
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2013
Na true. If Nigerian loses, I go laugh tire.

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Desdola(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
I believe God would not use the arrogance of the fans to punish d players that are plying their trade on the pitch. Nigeria would carry the day

3 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by busayobrig: 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
I just finished reading . My eyes got fedup cause na STORY! STORY! . Like it or not NIGERIA GO WIN. Igboro go daru today
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Gozzzy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
i luv to.to die:
[size=13pt]Walahi, na true these people yarn. This overconfidence don dey too much o! But anyhow sha, na talk them wan talk, na their liver don dey cut them. To my people wey wan follow me come watch this match for the Ashawo joint wey wan give free fuckkk today if super eagles win, make una halla me for the address. I don dey drink Jedi since 3days now dey await this day wey Ashawo promise us free toto.[/size]
Eediot!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Gwekzy: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
Na wao.. Fear don dey catch me already n match neva even start..truth is,i don't wanna experience anoda hrtbreak.. Go Eagles
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Burger01(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
We shall make history today and no be mouth o, i hope and pray to God we do..

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by jamp: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
Naija all the way
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by kingron: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2013
well Its mind over matter..i dont mind what they say nd dey dont matter..Truth is we re confident nd that confidence wud get us this cup..the game would even be decided in 90 mins no extra time..so if B/f dont ve confidence they shud go get confince nd shut dia crap..as 4 me m getting ready to celebrate..infact am celebrating now!!!!congrats nIGERIA ONCE AGAIN..THIS IS A DONE GLORY..GOD KNOWS!!!

5 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by cytellProperty: 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2013
That is not true, rather it is Burkinafaso's inexperience that will work against them, I for-see a wide margin win advantage to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by nke001: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Scanning if above statement is "true"...
10%
20%
30%
99%
print "E R R O R . . ."
print "NO TRUTH FOUND! "

4 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Saintsquare(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
I pray we Nigerians will have the cause to celebrate after the match.

3 Likes

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by MMM2(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Who cares undecided
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by sureteeboy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2013
neva mind. They r losers
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by LagosBoi2(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
lol...i laugh in bonababe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Obiozo Accused Of Taking Bribe To Lose Match In Cup Final / A Nairalander Chatting With Roberto Di Matteo / Samuel Kalu Replaces Malcom At Bordeaux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.