Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

For The Guys And Mature Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Guys And Mature Women (1462 Views)

Guys And Their Lies / Romance in the bus ..... Guys and their tactics / Big Problem, Do I Get Away From Her? Need Help From Any Mature Women/men... :/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Guys And Mature Women by Godmother(f): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2013
Guys what does a woman do that shows you she respects you as her man. I know people are different and what is respect to one may not be to the other, but there should be some basic things that are general to all.

Women how do you show respect to your man. I really want to learn. My last two relationship the guys complained I didn't respect them enough. I tried to change that but I didn't knw what I shud be changing.
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by babynatoday: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
Try as much as possible not to use offensive/insultive words on your man when y'all have misunderstandings.You can express your anger in other ways but do not rain insults on ur man. Don't be bossy,try to indulge him and seek his opinion sometimes.it would make him feel like you look upto him and you actually respect his ideas e.t.c...

1 Like

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by Connoisseur(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
Respect reflects in your attitude towards the person. but i think its hard to respect you dont love.
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by Godmother(f): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2013
@Babynatoday

I try not to be insultive when I quarel with my guy. That has neva been my style. But I admit I dnt seek his opinion on stuff so I ll try that one. Tanx

@ Connoisseur

I guess my problem is that I'm not too good in expressing my love. I always hold back cos of fear of being taken for granted

1 Like

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by DigitalSignal(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2013
To show that you respect me, you must do the following:
1) Don't do anything of importance without my knowing about it.
2) Don't shout at me when you are expressing your feelings.
3) You must see me as knowldgeable enough and capable of giving you advice when the need be and you take it seriously.
4) You must respect whatever it is that is important to me.
5) You must respect my decisions; if you disagree you pass your feelings across politely.
6) You must make sure I'm well taken care of in every way that you're supposed to.
7) You treat our matters as private issues.
cool You must give me your attention whenever and wherever I need it.
9) You must not give me a reason to think your mind is outside my home.
If my woman can do this, which is not difficult if there is love, I can say she respects me!

1 Like

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by dederocs(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
1.always take note of the guy's Ego-never make him feel like he is not good enough for you(some guys are hyper sensitive)
2.Never mention your ex...except its absolutely necessary
3.be sensitive to his needs and moods,even if you can not support him financially when he is down,show empathy and talk to him like you care and really hope to be of help(he does not need you to give him money,the moral support goes a long way)
4.when you visit,try to arrange the bed,clean up his place and do some of his chores without being asked.
5.never ever nag or complain unecessarily

1 Like

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by dederocs(m): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
Godmother: @Babynatoday

I try not to be insultive when I quarel with my guy. That has neva been my style. But I admit I dnt seek his opinion on stuff so I ll try that one. Tanx

@ Connoisseur

I guess my problem is that I'm not too good in expressing my love. I always hold back cos of fear of being taken for granted
expressing your love is important,if you dont-your guy will keep looking outside,we are humans-we seek people to love us too.
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by bubbarealtor: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
@dederocs that's a very good way to put respect for a man,example is a lady who comes to my apartment complains about my dirty laundry but does nothing about it.had to tell her to stop complaining about them if she can't do anything about them. Am just recovering from a car accident where my left arm was affected so I can't wash a lot of clothes at once. It took a while to notice the disrespect,so I cut her off from the 1st day of this new year 2013
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by JallowBah(f): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
I can give you a list of what I do that I consider showing him respect, and that he compliments on.

- Never saying a bad word about him in public, or to/infront of his friends
- No insults when fighting ( dumb, foolish, ugly, etc )
- Ask him before making big and small choices that regards not only myself
- Ask him before spending big amounts of money on anything
- Not complain when he cooks his favorite food, that I hate
- Pushing him to pray more ( Even bought him a prayers-blanket as a gift. It will last for generations. )
- Show him that I trust him ( no nagging when he goes out, but I do expect to know who he is going with, where, and apx the time he is coming home. )

Small and big things.

1 Like

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by JallowBah(f): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Godmother: @Babynatoday

You should be honest about that.
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
When he respects himself surely you would reciprocate.
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by greatgod2012(f): 11:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
Very simple, but takes humility to achieve..........
Accept his headship..........contact him b4 taking any decision.

Submit to him...........when you submit to a man, there is nothing too good or too big you cant do for him.

Appreciate him..........never compare him to/with any other man, appreciate every little and great thing he does for you, i.e, never assume anything is his duty, see every good things he does as good gestures and thank him for them.

Dont turn yourself to a liability on him.
May God help us all
Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by planetuzor(m): 12:10am On Feb 12, 2013
One Exceptional Ways To WAO Your LOVER This Valentine

Do you want to WAO your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband this valentine?

One Exceptional Ways To WAO Your LOVER This Valentine
Then you need to consider doing something so different and spectacular.

I did this for my girlfriend and many of my friends last year val and i tell you its fun and loving and she just cant keep reminding me of that loving surprise.

I write any message of your choice for you on a paper at Great Egyptian Pyramids or if you want could call the name of your lover narrating your message and what she means to you.. I have a cousin who stays very close and he just drives down an do it for me.

Here is what you can do and I promise you she will never forget it all the rest of her life.

PM me
planetuzo@gmail.com

Re: For The Guys And Mature Women by Godmother(f): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
Tanx everyone for your replies. Really appreciate it. I have even put a lot of these tips into practice n have seen d change

(1) (Reply)

Ladies: Do Something / / Ladies:why You May Remain Single Till Thy Kingdom Comes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.