Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year (8471 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Inside Details Of How Buhari Chased SSS Away From Inner Aso Rock - Premium Times / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by watchinglagos: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says his government will build 100 inner city roads this year.

He also gave reason for the introduction of cable car in the Lagos metropolis.

Fashola spoke at the annual Interdenominational Service of the Lagos State Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, held at the Apostolic Church International Convention Grounds in Ketu, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria at the weekend.

According to the governor, his administration awarded 198 contracts inner city roads across the local governments last year and that this year, government was planning another 100 roads across the state for construction.

He reiterated that the roads had been chosen in such a way that all areas, including Epe, Badagry, Shomolu, Kosofe and even far flung places like Agiliti, Ijedodo, Shibiri, and Eleran Igbe were not left out.

The governor reported that just as he acquainted the people about developments and challenges on the Mile 12 road project last year, construction had started to expand the road which links Ikorodu town with the expectation that the residents and commuters on the axis would have some relief when it is completed.

Fashola added that the same scenario played out in the Lekki Epe axis when construction work started but that the pain was getting lighter as progress was being made.

On the Blue line of the Lagos Light Rail Mass transit project, the governor said “we are now at a point where we have started laying the rail tracks from the section from Eric Moore going to Mile 2. There is still work to be done including crossing the Lagoon and bringing the train and the system ultimately to Marina but I am happy that things have not remained as they were last year and we have moved them forward.”

On the planned introduction of cable car, Fashola explained that it was meant to help in mitigating traffic gridlock in Lagos and allow the people to choose the means of transportation they wanted.

“Very soon, we would be beneficiaries of an urban cable system that would help reduce traffic from Apapa to Central Lagos which is often the most congested part of the state. We are providing choices to our people,” he stated.

On complaints about BRT buses, the governor said there were challenges with the management and maintenance of the buses because “they are not manufactured in Nigeria and has always created the need to train people on how to manage and maintain the buses.”

Fashola also spoke on the State Traffic law, saying it had made provisions to take care of some transgressions which people engaged in while driving, adding that the average engineer who designed a car and put some safety measures like seat belt in it knew its importance and wondered why people would rather not use it until they were compelled to do so.

He added that some people would rather drive a vehicle without affixing a registration number, saying that the question that should agitate the mind of an average person was “what if such a vehicle was used to kidnap an innocent person, how would the security agencies be able to track the criminals?

“It was also observed that most commercial drivers often drive under the influence of one form of drug or the other and have largely been responsible for major road accidents. Regrettably, the debate on the implementation of the State Traffic law has been reduced to a debate on okada operations in the state.

“The State Traffic law is all encompassing and is about safety and well being of the people in the society. I know the number of artificial legs that the administration has bought for people who have been maimed by activities of the commercial motorcyclists while not talking about the several who have died and have also been robbed.”

http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/02/fashola-well-build-100-inner-city-roads.html

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by siddiq202(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
I know of the inner roads under construction in Ijesha/Itire Surulere LG
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by watchinglagos: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
siddiq202: I know of the inner roads under construction in Ijesha/Itire Surulere LG
Very good, can you post pictures for us to see?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by KGB2008: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rubbish.Seeking attention for 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by siddiq202(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
watchinglagos:
I dont think I can o... Moreover I make use of nokia 'Torch' lol
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by watchinglagos: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy , alright thanks
siddiq202:
I dont think I can o... Moreover I make use of nokia 'Torch' lol
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by begwong: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
KGB2008: Rubbish.Seeking attention for 2015.
But he is better off than your clueless man at the helms of affairs wink

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by pekelepekele(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lagos to do this , Lagos to do that . We need Lagos have done this and that

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by geeez: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
The LASG has been building inner city roads. They are all over Surulere and now Ikoyi

I also know there are inner city roads in Ikeja and Ogba that are currently under construction and I will rate the quality of work high

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
All your Children children go resemble bance.. angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by kutchs: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
They should build the damn roads b4 making noise. When we see the built roads we will praise them noise makers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by huptin(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
198 inner city roads last year? in this same Lagos? shocked, like seriously?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by unforgiven: 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
bance

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Ejine(m): 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Wait... He's seriously pursuing this cable car thing? grin
And all this while I thought the Rivers Monorail and Ogun Air-Conditioned bridge were the greatest white elephants of this generation.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ichidodo: 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
So that is where the sweat of those igbo traders is goin into , ekwa, fashola. LAGOS GO SPOIL O!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by RichDad1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
sheyie2007:
All your Children children go resemble bance.. angry
This got me really cracking.lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Wetin this Bance guy do Nigerians...chei the guy don suffer cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by amiskurie(m): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
To evade the second toll-gate along ajah/lekki express,he already built a modern one behind chevron.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Ejine(m): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
huptin: 198 inner city roads last year? in this same Lagos? shocked, like seriously?

198 roads were drawn and painted on a drawing book that is found somewhere in Lagos, so I guess he's right to say they were built in Lagos.
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
....I wish River state Governor is hearing this.... there is no road in that city
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by segebobo: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2013

But he is completing his second term now!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by rapmike(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
e go reach AJ city?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by earthgreeners(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
siddiq202: I know of the inner roads under construction in Ijesha/Itire Surulere LG

You are right bro....
from Ogunlana to Odo-Eran axis
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by Jaideyone(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ejiné:

198 roads were drawn and painted on a drawing book that is found somewhere in Lagos, so I guess he's right to say they were built in Lagos.
you Re naive. Before U make silly comments please visit kosofe, ikeja, ogba, surulere, mushin, palm grove and co

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by earthgreeners(m): 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
watchinglagos:

I would post pictures by weekend
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by kannymoore(m): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
Erm... Has anyone seen a tarred road in Ayobo before?...i mean, in their entire lives!

Just asking... Cos i havent seen any!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by 1ndidi2(f): 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
rapmike: e go reach AJ city?

Ўªãª, there are people already working there too!
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by ikeyman00(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
@@@

and of what quality the road are

me think0.00000023mm thick and porous aggregate ?

lagosian may una let us see where the 50k is being spent naw?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by siddiq202(m): 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
earthgreeners:

You are right bro....
from Ogunlana to Odo-Eran axis

You live around there?
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by siddiq202(m): 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
huptin: 198 inner city roads last year? in this same Lagos? shocked, like seriously?
The inner roads currently under construction in Ijesha/Itire alone should be more than 20
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by earthgreeners(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
siddiq202: You live around there?

I live a bit close..my friend stay around the place
Re: Lagos To Build Inner City Roads This Year by nlofficial(m): 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
kannymoore: Erm... Has anyone seen a tarred road in Ayobo before?...i mean, in their entire lives!

Just asking... Cos i havent seen any!

cheesy grin grin grin. LMAO.

Fashola doesn't know that city. By the way, has camp davies road been tarred? That road is usually hellish during rainy season.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FBI report: Nikola Tesla, inventor of wireless technology, an alien from Venus / Buhari, Governors Meet Over Security / Breaking: Court May Jail Tinubu For Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.