Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? (12405 Views)

Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife / Couple In Divorce Case Made Love Before Appearing In Court / Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by chychy(f): 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2008
\

Women always have to take d blame.\
Nobody ever figures that it takes 2 to get a divorce.
wat did we ever do wrong?

1 Like

Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by Nwaka77: 2:35am On Mar 30, 2008
chychy:

\

Women always have to take d blame.\
Nobody ever figures that it takes 2 to get a divorce.
what did we ever do wrong?

Na so now, especially in Naija. The woman is to blame for everything. If she is not married by a certain age, she is stigmatized by society, if she does not start having children right away, she is made miserable by her husband's people, if she does give birth but they are not males, na wahala, if her husband dies before her, they wil say na she kill am. Nigerian society is hostile towards the female gender, let's face it. It's a sad situation. I wonder when things will ever change undecided Atleast, I don't live in such a society. That is the good news grin

1 Like

Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by joshjosh(m): 2:54am On Mar 30, 2008
Nwaka77:
Na so now, especially in Naija. The woman is to blame for everything. If she is not married by a certain age, she is stigmatized by society,
if she does not start having children right away, she is made miserable by her husband's people,
if she does give birth but they are not males, na wahala,
if her husband dies before her, they wil say na she kill am.
Nigerian society is hostile towards the female gender, let's face it
. It's a sad situation. I wonder when things will ever change undecided Atleast, I don't live in such a society. That is the good news grin

sad to say this women too are most of the time the accusers in these situations you listed above. the husband people doing the accusations from my experience will be mostly the women. we said this in another thread a while back
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by dudubobo1: 1:27pm On May 02, 2008
mamaput:

thank god the housewife is dying out. Mothers do not have time to bring up their daughters in the good old "So you will find husband" way.
I forone raise my daughters to be young independent women and take no shit from no man.
A man /boy that dose not know how to talk will never make it to the door step of this house. Even a you "bitch" will not be forgiven.
Women are not at fault for the high rate of the big D. they have only come to know ,it most not be husband at all costs. even a husband has a prise limit.

Na ya house all ur children go dey for long time o
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by JJYOU: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
dudu-bobo:

Na ya house all ur children go dey for long time o
bad belle
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by JustGood(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by plappville(f): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2009
Nwaka77:

Na so now, especially in Naija. The woman is to blame for everything. If she is not married by a certain age, she is stigmatized by society, if she does not start having children right away, she is made miserable by her husband's people, if she does give birth but they are not males, na wahala, if her husband dies before her, they wil say na she kill am. Nigerian society is hostile towards the female gender, let's face it. It's a sad situation. I wonder when things will ever change undecided Atleast, I don't live in such a society. That is the good news grin

You are right my sister, i wonder when women will have a right in their matrimonia home in  Nigeria, the most annoying one is when the husband dies befor the wife, it is always the wife that killed him, but when the wife dies first, no one cares even if it's the husband that killed her no one will suspect him[b] it's crazy[/b].
@ poster U are wrong to have said in ur topic women the cause, why? if u were to be a woman that got married to a cheating husband and a punching bag husband, would u keep him simply because u do not want to divorce?? if the men play a good role, i think the rate of divorce will reduce, its not a thing to pass blame on women only, as they are not slaves, women desarve to be treated tenderly and with respect, expecially the nigeria husband family thing, passing other to a woman in her marimonia home, what a nonsence.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by JJYOU: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2009
plappville:

You are right my sister, i wonder when women will have a right in their matrimonia home in  Nigeria, the most annoying one is when the husband dies befor the wife, it is always the wife that killed him, but when the wife dies first, no one cares even if it's the husband that killed her no one will suspect him[b] it's crazy[/b].
@ poster U are wrong to have said in ur topic women the cause, why? if u were to be a woman that got married to a cheating husband and a punching bag husband, would u keep him simply because u do not want to divorce?? if the men play a good role, i think the rate of divorce will reduce, its not a thing to pass blame on women only, as they are not slaves, women desarve to be treated tenderly and with respect, expecially the nigeria husband family thing, passing other to a woman in her marimonia home, what a nonsence.
it is this kind of not me guv non challant attitude that is ruining the beautiful land of nigeria. it takes 2 to tangle. majority of the men and women drinking pepper soup into relationships have no business being together at all let alone creating children that is barstadizing that land.

my granny used to tell us good people are creating bad children imagine what will happen when bad kids start reproducing after themselves.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by Shinatu: 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
Another reason may be the fact that in many years back it did not take much to have a daughter, women were not trained.
A son's education was of higher priority than a daughter's except there was surplus fund.
So there was not much relatively investmented in a girl's life, there was not much quality attached to her life so
her husband could turn her to a punching bag, cheat on her and nobody would raise an eyebrow, she was created for that and she should be able to manage the situation.

Nowadays a father invests physically and emotionally in thier children's lives both male and Female, this attaches some deserved quality to a girl's life and gives the girl a sense of worth, so if she is married to someone who does not regard her in that manner, wahala dey.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
Toyin omotehinwa was married to a promising youngman lanre sarumi but she still had eyes on Kojo Annan. Her husband got to know and the marriage broke in months with her being pregnant. Now she is remarried and looks miserable with 3 kids for 2 men at age 36. Lesson to learn, ignore other men when you step into marriage.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by plappville(f): 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
Vgal:

Toyin omotehinwa was married to a promising youngman lanre sarumi but she still had eyes on Kojo Annan. Her husband got to know and the marriage broke in months with her being pregnant. Now she is remarried and looks miserable with 3 kids for 2 men at age 36. Lesson to learn, ignore other men when you step into marriage.

ignore other men when you step into marriage.

this is valide for both sex i hope!! undecided
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by ZitIfy: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Women could take all sorts of , from their men B4 but now their eyes are wide open
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by plappville(f): 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2010
Zit-Ify:

Women could take all sorts of , from their men B4 but now their eyes are wide open
In those days, a Man. Will tell his Wife get ur bag and live My house, or even use his hands to throw her bags outside
What a slave way of treating a Woman,,,, now its thé Wife that send their husband out why they remain in thé home with thé kids. I hâte when some men say My house! Instead of our house.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by gestapo(f): 2:09am On Nov 26, 2010
Standing ovation and a round of applause for these ladies cool
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by dayokanu(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2010
plappville:

In those days, a Man. Will tell his Wife get your bag and live My house, or even use his hands to throw her bags outside
What a slave way of treating a Woman,,,, now its thé Wife that send their husband out why they remain in thé home with thé kids. I hâte when some men say My house! Instead of our house.

Depends on who built the house.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by harakiri(m): 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2010
In today's western society, any informed man that see's all that's going on and still decides to get married ought to be taken to some dark alley and battered severely with baseball bats and golf clubs (i mean that).

For more info on why divorce is high? Check out the website below.It has all the info you need :

http://womensinfidelity.com/
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by Outstrip(f): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
The cry baby men have entered
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by plappville(f): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Depends on who built the house.

Even if the man built the house before they got married, he still cannot send his wife out just like that.
There are prosidure to respect, sure she will ve to leave, but at her very given time, that is if they have kids together.
And in the case they they got married before the house was built, the man has no right to send his wife out.
If divorce occures, this properties are shared equally.
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2010
Property would be shared based on contribution.

If the man spent his money building the house while the woman was paying for her 2009 BMW, Then she cant have a part of it.

Sure she would be given time to move out
Re: High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? by DMLords: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
dominique:
well said mamaput, in the past women were too submissive and took alot of sh*t from their husbands and their families. but nowadays, women are more confidence and men take it for arrogance. too bad.

I like to believe that there are ways to stand up for yourself without really being arrogant.

However, I don't believe that women are to blame for failed marriages because from my little experience with women, I find them to be extremely similar to computers in one aspect: You put Garbage in, you will get Garbage back.

I think, like someone above me said that both sexes are responsible for failed marriages. We do not take time to build a good foundations for our homes and we rush into a poorly built marriage which must surely fail during storms.

Secondly, people judge people by their past and by their mistakes hence bypassing your wife in the bid to avoid "bad girl" and ending up with a worse individual that was too afraid to let her true self show.

Interesting topic though...following!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Crashing Please Help / Prince Osisioma Foundation Celebrates Birthday With Orphans (Photos) / Guys Would Like Ur Wife To Be Tattooed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.