Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,534 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria (36508 Views)

Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Tunsbobo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Edosa Great: In the year 2010, i met a business administration graduate from OAU. He came 4an oral interview in Delta career college warri to seek a techin job cud nt define management wen he was askd to, and cudn't enumerate d factors 2b considered b4 setin up a busines, didnt know d father of management and d principles of managenent. Recently, my cousin(graduate of computer sc. Frm OAU) who has alwz claim superiority over me a graduate frm state university cud not instal software on d computrs his dad brot frm UK. Hw disaptd d dad sti fi ti 2day. A frnd of mine who graduatd frm d same sku (studied Ecomics) cudn't draw common demand n supply curve, cudnt tel d reason y d demand curve slope downward frm left 2ryt, cudn't define Economics in d words of Lionel Robins and Adam Smith 4hr yngr sistr. Wot a shame if u cnt define d cos u studied in d University, if i'd known u wudn't hv gon to dt OAU bt DELSU whr dy wud stres ur brain n made u spend al ur entire nigh doin AWOKO, u cant sov comon SS1 Assignment 4ur yngr sister, i pitty u. Doz were d words of hr father. I once visited OAU 4malpractice purpose. Their pre degree campus is located in d bush. Halfbaked students. Do nt ovr eulogy ur sku. Wot an oaf and awkward criterials!

You are a big lair; oau does not offer any b.sc programme in business administration; besides the pre-degree campus has infrastructures that are way better than delsu's main campus, and how come u know so many oau graduates? Liar!!... U'r just a psychopath who hates progress; go back to the rat hole from where you emerged!

3 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by petreli12: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
aryzgreat:

ur ego massaging of OAU and downgrading of UNN is only a waste of bandwidth if u don't provide us with evidence to support your rants. I only rate unis by their products, u may be living in past glory if ur products are no where to be found in nigeria of today. Before u downgrade UNN which is d trademark of ppl from certain region with their "pull him down" mentality, list the products of OAU in d present nigeria, i will furnish u with UNN products. Am talking of present not past, with that we can judge.

Btw am an alumnus of Unizik but will not stand mediocre like u tarnishing the image of another school just to up ur ego.

OAU governors and guber-aspirants; Mimiko, Segun Oni, Akeredolu, Oke etc
Ernest ndukwe, Akinwunmi Adesina(Min of Agric), Abiri-Erewa, Seun Osewa(nairaland owner), owner, the list is so long. Even Adeboye of RCCG did is final year at OAU. Stop beefing us and get a life...UNN my foot!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Uchesis: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dubemkelly: Talk is cheap nd haters can go take a cab 2 hell...Courtesy demands u appreciate n congratulate dem, Y won't gr8 ife guys pride over ds achievement? Its just a winning spirit nd dey r celebr8ng d succes...Am proud 2 b in OAU....
FUNAAB banks 2nd
Unilag 3rd
UNN 4th
Unilorin 5th
UI 6th
Uniben 7th
ABU 8th
Auchi poly 9th nd
Covenant university 10th
U put my UNIBEN for 7th? Hw dare u?
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by solelymade: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
Edosa Great: In the year 2010, i met a business administration graduate from OAU. He came 4an oral interview in Delta career college warri to seek a techin job cud nt define management wen he was askd to, and cudn't enumerate d factors 2b considered b4 setin up a busines, didnt know d father of management and d principles of managenent. Recently, my cousin(graduate of computer sc. Frm OAU) who has alwz claim superiority over me a graduate frm state university cud not instal software on d computrs his dad brot frm UK. Hw disaptd d dad sti fi ti 2day. A frnd of mine who graduatd frm d same sku (studied Ecomics) cudn't draw common demand n supply curve, cudnt tel d reason y d demand curve slope downward frm left 2ryt, cudn't define Economics in d words of Lionel Robins and Adam Smith 4hr yngr sistr. Wot a shame if u cnt define d cos u studied in d University, if i'd known u wudn't hv gon to dt OAU bt DELSU whr dy wud stres ur brain n made u spend al ur entire nigh doin AWOKO, u cant sov comon SS1 Assignment 4ur yngr sister, i pitty u. Doz were d words of hr father. I once visited OAU 4malpractice purpose. Their pre degree campus is located in d bush. Halfbaked students. Do nt ovr eulogy ur sku. Wot an oaf and awkward criterials!
Bros pls can u post more of ur encounter wit OAU's product. I'm loving d alibi
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
Uchesis:
U put my UNIBEN for 7th? Hw dare u?
you won't be proud your skool got a position there. I was surprised. The last time i visited your UNIBEN to see my sis, i was embaressed with what i saw .
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by ayojosh2k(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: grin I met a 2:1 economics graduate of OAU while in camp who told me the 25 billion naira recapitalization of banks embarked upon by ex CBN chief Charles Soludo was for the procurement of ATM machines and security doors... Hehehe

Oga, kindly tell us the school you finished from?

Standing by....
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
What i want to know is what OAU did to get them to the number one spot ahead of Ilorin and Uniben that have been leading the back. I also want to know what metrics and variables were used. Not that it really matters because even satan's demons are competing for who the best is. I will only rejoice if a Nigerian university becomes the best in Africa or even in the top 10. It's a shame that the so-called giant of Africa is competing with itself in the backwaters instead of being the leaders in Africa.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by theripper: 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
Even 3rd class and pass students from OAU better pass 2nd class or 1st for Lagos or Uniben abi? See grand delusion. The competition is when u get out of school,then, wat matters is ur intellectual prowess u dumb fcuuuks.

P.S : also an OAU alumnus but will pick University of Pretoria ahead of any useless Nigerian University.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
Afam4eva: What i want to know is what OAU did to get them to the number one spot ahead of Ilorin and Uniben that have been leading the back. I also want to know what metrics and variables were used. Not that it really matters because even satan's demons are competing for who the best is. I will only rejoice if a Nigerian university becomes the best in Africa or even in the top 10. It's a shame that the so-called giant of Africa is competing with itself in the backwaters instead of being the leaders in Africa.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities

It is not based on academic excellence.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
jmoore:

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities

It is not based on academic excellence.
It's not even based on anything academic or the offline infrastructure of the schools but on the presence of these universities on web. The metric is totally laughable.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's not even based on anything academic or the offline infrastructure of the schools but on the presence of these universities on web. The metric is totally laughable.
But you'll be glad if your school is rated top. You're just being hypocritical.
How do hell do you expect this rating site to travel to all African universities for the sake of rating her? Of course it 'll depend on the online presence of the school. If your are not making waves in the web world, to them, you do not exist.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by otbliz(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tunsbobo:
You are a big lair; oau does not offer any b.sc programme in business administration; besides the pre-degree campus has infrastructures that are way better than delsu's main campus, and how come u know so many oau graduates? Liar!!... U'r just a psychopath who hates progress; go back to the rat hole from where you emerged!
b.sc in business administration o mehn una dey blow o grin grin grin
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
seguntijan: MAULAG FOREVER... The school of first choice and the nations pride
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by datola: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
Liar! There is no Ife Business administration graduate anywhere because Ife does not have Business Admministration as undergraduate course.

Ife graduates are thorough and very briliant. Conduct a study of performance of graduates in top companies and feed back on which school graduates perform best.

Olodo!

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by hunri2005: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
Great IFE,Earn over $30 daily free just to visit a website. Sign up free at www./b2uv5vt,
minimum cashout $30.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by datola: 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
Back then in Ife, when some students were complaining of the academic rigour of Ife, they were asked who assisted them to fill UME/JAMB form that they could have chosen either of DENSU, BENSU, NNSUK, IMSU, etc.

Great Ife!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: OAU is only university in Nigeria with its own iLAB. They 've got internet facilities installed all over the campus. They're easily the best in ICT in any Nigeria University.
I WEEP 4 NIGERIA. THESE R THIGS THAT ARE SUPPOSED 2 BE ON EVERY HIGHER INSTITUTION.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
Department of Architecture. I can never forget what that school did to me. Still have the battle scars *Balding head due to stress*
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: But you'll be glad if your school is rated top. You're just being hypocritical.
How do hell do you expect this rating site to travel to all African universities for the sake of rating her? Of course it 'll depend on the online presence of the school. If your are not making waves in the web world, to them, you do not exist.
There's a difference between being the best university and being the best university on the web which also means having the best web presence. Ife may be the most visible Nigerian university on the web depending on the criteria used but it doesn't mean it's better than others in academics, infrastructure and in other indices.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by gordonsmat(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
dats shows dat, d country is returning 2 is education standard..
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
There's a difference between being the best university and being the best university on the web which also means having the best web presence. Ife may be the most visible Nigerian university on the web depending on the criteria used but it doesn't mean it's better than others in academics, infrastructure and in other indices.
Don't you dare add infrastructure. If i go back take pics nd post them, you'll be speechless. No school comes close to O.A.U in Infrastructure and environment.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
ba7man: Don't you dare add infrastructure. If i go back take pics nd post them, you'll be speechless. No school comes close to O.A.U in Infrastructure and environment.
I'm not doubting that but have you been to other schools? OAU having the best infrastructure is not the issue but the issue is that it was never used as a criteria for the ranking.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by chreldb(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
Below are links to the compilation of university rankings by the three most reputable ranking bodies.

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2012.html

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2012

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012-13/world-ranking

WEBOMETRICS IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 2:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
playto:

Silence is d accurate answer for a fool like u...I do not av to refute ur post with any fuckn materials..ur whole entire life seems so complicated to escape faith..idiot

Once again, you're a bloody mooron. You quote an entire post filled with facts on why the article is a farce, and like the typical Nigerian educated illiterate, you post your meaningless drivel with nothing to back it up with, only to say Silence is the accurate answer.
You are truly stupiiid.

Oh, and by the bolded, I guess you meant to say FATE, huh OAU graduate dunce?

Foools like you now populate that once perfect school.

Idiiot!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by donpata(m): 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
SEE yeye pple. Dem dey happy over web ranking. Auchi Poly 9th? Watabt d oda unis.
I dey laugh oh. Dem dey happy;
When dey had 2 pay cash b4 gettin admission in "Great" Ife;
Wen dey came out with 3rd class 4rm "Great" Ife;
When dey spent 5 yrs doing Masters at "Great" Ife;
When dey baged PHds 2ru outdated Professors who hav not made any research break2rus 4 Naija since dey got employd;

Nigerian Universities are Mainly Crap.
Imagine d technological advancement in US; Its mainly d handy works of the long years of research of dia university and college Dons in colabo with dia students.
I was amazed to see a news of a University prof. in Asia studying the life of frogs 4 over 20yrs. Dats hw dey come up with drugs nd medical breakthroughs.
Who can show me a Great Ife student or any student 4rm any Naija institution who wrote his project without an already written one by his side?
Abegi, make we hear word. Becoz students copied and submitted some irrelevant projects and a university puts doz craps online makes d university "Best"
Make diz Thread Close Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by donpata(m): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
a
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: you're right my brother, UNILORIN is by far a better school than most universities in Nigeria. I just laughed when I saw this OAU thingy

I'm always restrained from puncturing this, because a good number of my frends finished finished from Unilorin and there are a number of very brilliant folks here that finished from Unilorin (oyb, olawalebabs and co).

I'm from Kwara state and had my secondary education in Kwara state, and dare I tell you that all my secondary school mates who couldn't pass UME ended up in Unilorin thru all these remedial routes.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné: Please, someone help me paste the contents on this link. It is a clear expose' on how Webometrics for Universities are ranked.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities

By the way, I am an alumnus of OAU too, but I'd just like us to stop deluding ourselves. This is no different from when politicians promise us floating cities and air-conditioned bridges and we start dancing azonto, not knowing we're being played like provincial dullards.

That wikipedia link will open your eyes on the foolishness behind the original post on this thread, as well as why we look like real dumbasses when we make a mountain out of this.

My people... We need some sophistication for once in our lives.
Ejine, so you finished from Ife too. Interesting.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
Someone has sold dummy for you.

No course as Business Administration in OAU at undergraduate level.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
Someone has sold dummy for you.

No course as Business Administration in OAU at undergraduate level.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Philolos: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tolexander: Thinking the webometric list ranking would be pasted anyway. Notwithstanding:
Great Ife!
Great Ife!!
Africa most beautiful campus

Oga, please back up your statement with a recent campus picture or video.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
jerikoyan: A unique thing about OAU is that,it has no department of mass communication but 50% of the in well known journalist in Nigeria today graduated from OAU.Kunle Ajibade of The news magazine,Abike Dabiri and Alh Alarape of the sun newspaper are jus to mention few
You didn't mention:

Femi Adesina (kulikulii) - Sun
Sam Omatseye - The Nation
Dele Momodu - Ovation
Sam Nda Isaiah - (Leadership publisher)
Segun Adeniyi - Thisday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / UNILAG Students Jump Over Gate To Vacate Premises After Shutdown / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.