Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran (22289 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by mrlizo: 7:28am On Feb 12, 2013

A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is indeed a blessing from Allah.”

Her daughter, Rukkayatu Fatahu Umar, has completed the memorization of the Noble Qur’an at the age of three year and eight months. The young Muslim girl began memorizing the Noble Book at an Islamic school founded by prominent Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi. “We were using a big parlor, which was divided into classes for the learning of the Qur’an,” Maimunatu, who teaches at the school, said.

“At that time, I always carried her on my back while teaching. From there, she started reciting along with the students and before long, she had memorized some verses.

“That was how she started attending memorization class. Right now, she has completed memorizing the whole Qur’an,” the proud mother said. The Noble Qur’an is consisted of 114 Surah (chapters) of varying lengths. Going to the school between 7a.m. and 6p.m. daily, the young girl found little time to play with her peers.

“It is not as if she does not play with her mates. She does, especially with those who are memorizing the Qur’an like her,” Maimunatu said. “This makes it easier for them, as their focus and attention are directed towards achieving the same goal, which is memorizing the Qur’an.”

The young Muslim girl is now preparing to go to school soon, breaking a family tradition of sending girls to study at the age of ten. “My husband has, however, said that the world is changing now, and that there is civilization all over the place,” the mother, who herself memorized the whole Qur’an at the age of 12, said.

“As such, our daughter will have the opportunity of going to a proper school whenever she reaches the age of six.” The Muslim mother has paid tribute to her father for offering her child the chance to memorize the Qur’an at this young age. “I’m also grateful that I have a father like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who planted my feet, like other people, on the path of Islam,” she said.

http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html

24 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by kolaoloye(m): 8:58am On Feb 12, 2013
mrlizo: A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is...read full story and view pic @ http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html
This is a lie of the century.
The memory capacity of a 'three old brain' is not enough to contain the whole book of Qur'an.

I know of somebody,late Sheik's son,who was able to achieve it in 8 years.

5 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2013
This cannot be true.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by hadbak: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2013
mrlizo: A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is...read full story and view pic @ http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html
I've heard d news bfor now, d amasing little girl is from bauch n d mallam is her grandad. I'm really happy for her. May Allah bless n keep it for her, ameen.

2 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by kemiola89(f): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Wow!!! Feel so happy for her, a 3yr old baby memorize the whole quran, wen me never memorize yasin finish. Gotta work on that, so help me Allah.

16 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 6:01am On Feb 13, 2013
kola oloye:
This is a lie of the century.
The memory capacity of a 'three old brain' is not enough to contain the whole book of Qur'an.

I know of somebody,late Sheik's son,who was able to achieve it in 8 years.

I dont know why people talk of things they have no knowledge of. How much research have you carried out to arrive at this conclusion?

In fact the younger you are the better your chances of learning anything because your brain cells are still multiplying and in their developmental stage. ever wondered why children pick up new languages better than adults

7 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by kolaoloye(m): 7:24am On Feb 13, 2013
deols:

I dont know why people talk of things they have no knowledge of. How much research have you carried out to arrive at this conclusion?

In fact the younger you are the better your chances of learning anything because your brain cells are still multiplying and in their developmental stage. ever wonder why children pick up new languages better than adults

Do you realize that Qur'an has 114 chapters with 6,348 verses?
Tell me,did the child start learning from the first day she was born?
When did she start interpreting words that she was able to memorize the whole of Qur'an in 3 years?
Please wake up and stop being deceived.

I rest my case.

9 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 7:25am On Feb 13, 2013
Beretta92: This cannot be true.

Learn how to use the word, 'can' properly. That you don't believe it doesn't mean it can not happen
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 7:28am On Feb 13, 2013
kola oloye:

All they have to do is continue to recite it to her hears. I am not saying it is true since I haven't seen her recite it. but never say never.

You need to also put into consideration that this is faith based. Prophet Adam knew what the angels didn't because Allah made it so.

kun fa yakun.

3 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Tascocent(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
y she no try bible now.......she 4 no say kaki no b leda. 66books no b moi moi ooo. wait first @ d age of 3 and 8month ke, for wetin now. iro nla
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ezendiigbo1: 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Early stage brain-washing.
Smh.

14 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by moresignal(f): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
Allihamdulilai
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
wow thats great..... i guess the world is a fantastic place now.... btw her mother looks pretty happy....
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Orikinla(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
DEM DON COME AGAIN O. grin

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by nagoma(m): 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
kola oloye:
When did she start interpreting words that she was able to memorize the whole of Qur'an in 3 years?
I rest my case.

I am also kind of worried. Could that be true? wAllahu Aalam.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
And how does this create jobs for unemployed youth?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Moukafoam(f): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thank God for her life but if it is true, I believe τhis girl will be Ǧ☺☺ϑ with mathematics formulas too.

Learning Arabic no be beans o. I tried when i was in Gombe thats when I learnt that their alphabets are about 30, just imagine the vocabularies in it cheesy

Respect to the little girl cool
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by BlackPeni5: 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
What is it with all these islam topics making front page today...Abi dem dey struggle ash wednesday?

#just saying

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by FXKing2012(m): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Friedrich080(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
kola oloye:

I rest my case.
u be mumu

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Hadone(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by TeenageMoney(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Friedrich080:
u be mumu

Lol... Give Me 5 reasonable reasons wey make u call this man mumu... If nt, u be Odeh!!!

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
mrlizo:

A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is indeed a blessing from Allah.”

Her daughter, Rukkayatu Fatahu Umar, has completed the memorization of the Noble Qur’an at the age of three year and eight months. The young Muslim girl began memorizing the Noble Book at an Islamic school founded by prominent Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi. “We were using a big parlor, which was divided into classes for the learning of the Qur’an,” Maimunatu, who teaches at the school, said.

“At that time, I always carried her on my back while teaching. From there, she started reciting along with the students and before long, she had memorized some verses.

“That was how she started attending memorization class. Right now, she has completed memorizing the whole Qur’an,” the proud mother said. The Noble Qur’an is consisted of 114 Surah (chapters) of varying lengths. Going to the school between 7a.m. and 6p.m. daily, the young girl found little time to play with her peers.

“It is not as if she does not play with her mates. She does, especially with those who are memorizing the Qur’an like her,” Maimunatu said. “This makes it easier for them, as their focus and attention are directed towards achieving the same goal, which is memorizing the Qur’an.”

The young Muslim girl is now preparing to go to school soon, breaking a family tradition of sending girls to study at the age of ten. “My husband has, however, said that the world is changing now, and that there is civilization all over the place,” the mother, who herself memorized the whole Qur’an at the age of 12, said.

“As such, our daughter will have the opportunity of going to a proper school whenever she reaches the age of six."
The Muslim mother has paid tribute to her father for offering her child the chance to memorize the Qur’an at this young age. “I’m also grateful that I have a father like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who planted my feet, like other people, on the path of Islam,” she said.

http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html

*Breathes a sigh of relief!*

3 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2013

The problem with "education" in this part of the world is undue emphasis on "memorization". What practical benefits will accrue to this young child or the society as a whole as a result of her memorizing the Quran? When will our young children ever be taught to think creatively? When will they be taught to SOLVE PROBLEMS?

4 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Moukafoam(f): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Friedrich080:
u be mumu

I believe the guy has made his point clear enough wink

Why dont you do same instead of hidding behind a tree when your mates are in the field working angry

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by azimibraun: 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
The brain is a terrible thing 2 waste.. Notorious Big. I guess d little gt some of biggie words and made gud use of her brain.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ehie007(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
My question is. What is the benefit of memorising the quran. does it guarantee straight ticket to heaven or paradise. whats the use in celebrating this,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“The Reasons For Divorce.” / Shortening The Prayer During A Journey / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.