Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools (1350 Views)

APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border / Okada Riders Sue Edo Govt Over Ban / Lagos Govt Sued Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by karlmax2: 7:41am On Feb 12, 2013
THE Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Osun State chapter, on Monday, raised the alarm over the ban placed on the teaching of Christian Religious Studies in public schools established by muslim missionaries, saying the development was capable of triggering religious disharmony in the state.

In a communiqué issued and signed by the CAN chairman in the state, Evangelist Abraham Aladeseye and 37 other religious leaders in the state, a copy of which was made available to the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, the body cautioned the government to shun any policy that was retrogressive, which may eventually lead to chaos among the religious groups in Osun State.

It also urged the government to carry the association along in any Christian-related project that was being embarked by the state thus, dissociating self from the 200,000 capacity “Open Heaven Hall,” being planned by the government, contending that the project was not its priority for now.

According to the communiqué: “We are calling on the government to take urgent step to address the alleged ban of teaching of Christian Religious Studies in Muslims-established public schools in the state. Unless government takes immediate step to correct the anomaly, we will also stop the teaching if Islamic Religious Studies in Christian-established public schools.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/5100-can-raises-alarm-over-ban-of-crs-in-osun-schools
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by ochukoccna: 7:58am On Feb 12, 2013
No cause for alarm by CAN
Forget not Islam prides itself as the ultimate religion
And you want to teach CRK in their schools?
Just ban IRK in Christain missionary schools too
Simples!

1 Like

Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by AustineE1: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2013
...the 'state of Osun',is beginning to divide the yorubas on the basis of religion,which hitherto has been silent over the yrs! i fear for the worst,northern Nigeria will be a joke when this one starts!shey na dem vote ACN,Tinubu Islamic party!
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by donchris999: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2013
This aregbesola of a guy and his posture as an islam extremist is getting out of hand. Even saudi arabia, the northern states in nigeria and well renowned muslim countries didnt give a public holiday for one of islams celebration sometime last year( i cant remember now) as insignificant and unimportant as it was, but, these aregbesola thug declared public holidays and he was bashed and well criticised by all media outlets, Still, this man still proves to be an islamic extremist.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by GARRIx7(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2013
^^^

Instead of focusing on your youths being killed by Obi and their bodies dumped in Ezu River you're here saying nonsense..

Aregbesola isn't a religious extremist and Yorubas aren't known for religious extremism. So I'm sure they'll sort themselves out as they always do. But you my friend should be more concerned about your young men who are being led to the grave by MASSOB..
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by seanet01: 9:15am On Feb 12, 2013
Aregbesola does not know anything about this.
It will be sorted out. We are not religious bigots like Ibos and Hausas
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by miiraaj: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
ochukoccna: No cause for alarm by CAN
Forget not Islam prides itself as the ultimate religion
And you want to teach CRK in their schools?
Just ban IRK in Christain missionary schools too
Simples!

CAN are hypocrites! IRK have been banned in all missionary schools in the North, and they even have the guts to complain! What do u call such attitude?
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by seanet01: 11:09am On Feb 12, 2013
miiraaj:

CAN are hypocrites! IRK have been banned in all missionary schools in the North, and they even have the guts to complain! What do u call such attitude?
It is called Hypocrisy.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Gbongbonosi(f): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2013
I believe ogbeni aregbesola not knowing anything about this because It's only two towns that Muslim get dominate in osun state so I wonder why he we threat Christians
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by truth4meal(m): 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
CAN's joblessness is frightening dis days - y should u expect a muslim school to be teaching CRS in their schools; show me a single example of a christian school that teaches IRK. In the case of Covenant university students are denied admission cos of their faith and in extreme show of bigotry students are mandated to go to chapel - where is CAN's s paid voice when all that was being celebrated as discipline? This CAN is just as unbiblical as the rubbish they spit. Jesus never preach religion talkless of a useless umbrella body called CAN.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Igwe9(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
GARRI (x7):
^^^

Instead of focusing on your youths being killed by Obi and their bodies dumped in Ezu River you're here saying nonsense..

Aregbesola isn't a religious extremist and Yorubas aren't known for religious extremism. So I'm sure they'll sort themselves out as they always do. But you my friend should be more concerned about your young men who are being led to the grave by MASSOB..

How do you feel each time you see a known igbo person around you? I know it must have been very hard for you to cope with them each passing day, and you can't tell me that it's just an online thing because it's what the heart thinks that the mouth speaks.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Tolexander: 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
Gbongbonosi: I believe ogbeni aregbesola not knowing anything about this because It's only two towns that Muslim get dominate in osun state so I wonder why he we threat Christians
better you don't talk about what you don't know. Mention the two towns dominated by muslims in Osun state?
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by superior1: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
seanet01: It is called Hypocrisy.

Sharrap!and tell your big alfa-uncles not to bring issues which before now is alien to Yoruba-land.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
miiraaj:

That's a blatant lie! Nobody banned IRK in northern missionary schools! See as u dey talk am like say most northern governors are christians. Those schools just choose not to have IRK as part of their curiculum.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
Can shd allow d lunatics to do their worst,wat else are dey teaching in islamic schools except bomb making and how to inhale gums? Furking red pants coxing probs in d world
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by alstacs(m): 3:10am On Feb 13, 2013
Tolexander: better you don't talk about what you don't know. Mention the two towns dominated by muslims in Osun state?

Ejigbo, Ede, Iwo etc...
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Obiagu1(m): 3:11am On Feb 13, 2013
Next is boko haram...
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 13, 2013
O shait!
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Tolexander: 5:10am On Feb 13, 2013
alstacs:

Ejigbo, Ede, Iwo etc...
the guy said two towns and you've even mentioned more than three and still counting not even including osogbo.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by DuduNegro: 5:40am On Feb 13, 2013
whats wrong with having Yoruba towns that are muslim dominated? What's wrong with having Yoruba towns that are christian dominated?

Ah, this pastor, whatever is name his is just raising false alarm. Who even came up with the idea of teaching islam in a christian school to begin with? I swear my people are educated but we lack enlightenement. Whoever came up with teaching islam in chriostian schools or teaching christian in islam schools? I think the program should end immediately. if you want your child to learn islam send them to islam school, and if you want your child to learn christianity send them to christian school.

life is easy but adult humans with our mental insanity and psychological imbalance make it so fvking hard to live.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by saintneo(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2013
Religion mixing with government!
Muslims vs Christians in SW another Jos in the making.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by Jakumo(m): 6:35am On Feb 13, 2013
The details of what Jeeeesus did way back when he was captain of Jerusalem United are as irrelevant today as the save total Mohammed racked up as goalie for the Mecca Wanderers.

All that fascinating historical trivia is best left to dedicated places of worship, so that students in schools can get on with the practical business of mastering the sciences that are applicable to the real world TODAY.
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by fkaz(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: CAN Raises Alarm Over Ban Of CRS In Osun Schools by GARRIx7(m): 7:55am On Feb 13, 2013
Jakumo: The details of what Jeeeesus did way back when he was captain of Jerusalem United are as irrelevant today as the save total Mohammed racked up as goalie for the Mecca Wanderers.

All that fascinating historical trivia is best left to dedicated places of worship, so that students in schools can get on with the practical business of mastering the sciences that are applicable to the real world TODAY.

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Latest Report From The Office Of The Indigenous People Of Biafra Owerri / See This Funny Facebook Friend Of Boko Haram Leader / IBB Recent Interview About Life Without His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.