Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? (12588 Views)

When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / 10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by harlos: 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
dmcdad:
You are wrong... It has a very special purpose buh the problem lies in the mis-conception people are having about it nowadays. People have turned it to something else, especially the young people who barely know the paramount reason for celebrating it...

If you can have a special day for celebrating christmas, sallah and the likes, I see no reason why Val's day should be an exception (cause love is what binds every other things together).. It is not as if one is restricted to show love just on this day, but its an avenue or rather a window of opportunity to reach out to people you fail to reach out to on a regular day. And that is why, it shouldn't be restricted to one's immediate loved ones as that would defeat the fundamental purpose of celebrating it. Did you catch my drift?
i got u, but the man was said to die of his own interest as i take hear the story, he was doing it as a business underneath and because the government does not support it he was thrown into prison
It think if he had been doing for free it will be more meaningfull
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by dmcdad: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
harlos: i got u, but the man was said to die of his own interest as i take hear the story, he was doing it as a business underneath and because the government does not support it he was thrown into prison
It think if he had been doing for free it will be more meaningfull
Well... The authenticity of the reality behind the celebration is not what I am really after, but rather the significance of the day...

What I know of Saint Valentine is different from what you just brought to the fore. But be it as it may, I believe what happened to him was of his own accord but was borne outta love. That is, the essence of the celebration, is of sincere and sacrificial love for another.. And since love knows no bounds as to whom it can be given, but at the same time its not given to people that are not close to us, that is why I see it as a day we should seize to make sure we touch the life or lives as the case may be of someone or people...

So, I am really after the significance of the day and not really about the story as the story depicts love and nothing more in which ever way or version of the story you must have heard.
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by harlos: 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
dmcdad:
Well... The authenticity of the reality behind the celebration is not what I am really after, but rather the significance of the day...

What I know of Saint Valentine is different from what you just brought to the fore. But be it as it may, I believe what happened to him was of his own accord but was borne outta love. That is, the essence of the celebration, is of sincere and sacrificial love for another.. And since love knows no bounds as to whom it can be given, but at the same time its not given to people that are not close to us, that is why I see it as a day we should cease to make sure we touch the life or lives as the case may be of someone or people...

So, I am really after the significance of the day and not really about the story as the story depicts love and nothing more in which ever way or version of the story you must have heard.
If thats case then...
Case dismissed
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by AdexOmoby(f): 10:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
sunny t: I personally dnt expect anything for val,

Val celebration beats me, wats d logic behind it?
But if he wants to give you a car, wouldnt u collect it? grin
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 15, 2013
AdexOmoby:
But if he wants to give you a car, wouldnt u collect it? grin
gbam
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2013
How your Valentines Day, everyone?
Mine was ok.
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by dmcdad: 1:46am On Feb 15, 2013
CFCfan: How your Valentines Day, everyone?
Mine was ok.
Mine was okay. Like every other day though...

2 Likes

Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 15, 2013
CFCfan: How your Valentines Day, everyone?
Mine was ok.
great
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 15, 2013
neena adjei:
great

Okay. I bet u had some nice chocolates cheesy
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by EmperorIyke(m): 9:33am On Feb 15, 2013
Val is nt a do or die affair...wether or nt dia's a gift, it will not stop water from passin under d benue bridge!!!
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2013
Emperor Iyke: Val is nt a do or die affair...wether or nt dia's a gift, it will not stop water from passin under d benue bridge!!!

Or it won't stop water from passing under the Golden gate bridge. After all, there are many fishes in the river.
Re: What If Your Partner Gives You Nothing On Valentine's Day? by 247notire(m): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ifetex:
Girls needs supricess
suprice ur girl this valentine, inroduce her 2 ur real girl friend
lwkmdh grin grin grin cool Wicked surprise!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SEXY and Profitable Evergreen Niches for Amazon KDP [PICTURES] / See Who She Said I Should Help Her Scratch Her Vagina, I Was Shocked!!! / 10 Types Of Male Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.