Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers (15965 Views)

CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner / SIM Validation: MTN Apologises To Subscribers / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2013
MTN Nigeria to Deliver BB Z10 to Subscribers

Nigeria's leading Information and Communications Technology (ICT) company, MTN, says it has concluded plans with BlackBerry, makers of the brand new Blackberry Z10 smartphone, to deliver the new Blackberry 10 OS device to its customers in Nigeria.

It will be the first to bring Blackberry's latest offering to the Nigerian market.

With this development, MTN customers in Nigeria will be among the first users in the world to experience the new, wave-making Blackberry Z10 smartphone which is the first smartphone based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform. According to Larry Annetts, chief marketing officer, MTN Nigeria, among other unique features, the phone also offers superfast browsing, a sharp responsive display, an intelligent camera that allows for editing and photo sharing as well as trusted security.

"MTN is offering pre-order opportunities thus conferring on our customers the privilege of being one of the first to own the device in Nigeria. Not only that, those who pre-order will get the smartphone at a bargain price and they will be contacted for pickup at locations of their choice even before the phones become commercially available at retail stores. They are not required to make any deposits; they will simply pay on delivery."

Recall that MTN Nigeria has a long standing alliance with RIM, makers of Blackberry, dating back to 2007 when MTN Nigeria was the first telecommunications company in Africa to offer Blackberry on a pre- paid basis.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201302120158.html
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
MTN looks to strengthen hold of data service market

Mobile network operator, MTN has entered into strategic partnership with Research in Motion (RIM), makers of the brand new Blackberry Z10 smartphone to deliver the new Blackberry 10 Operating System (OS) device to its customers in Nigeria.

The telecoms company, according to industry analysts is looking to strengthen its footing in the data segment of Nigeria’s telecommunications market. MTN will be the first to bring Blackberry’s latest offering to the Nigerian market. With this new development, MTN customers will be among the first users in the world to experience the new, wave-making Blackberry Z10 smartphone which is the first smartphone based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform, giving customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience.

It is the fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers customers a smarter experience that continuously adapts to their needs. Larry Annetts, chief marketing officer, MTN Nigeria, said among other unique features, the phone also offers superfast browsing, a sharp responsive display, an intelligent camera that allows for editing and photo sharing as well as trusted security.

“MTN is offering pre-order opportunities thus conferring on our customers the privilege of being one of the first to own the device in Nigeria. Those who pre-order will get the smartphone at a bargain price and they will be contacted for pickup at locations of their choice even before the phones become commercially available at retail stores. They are not required to make any deposits; they will simply pay on delivery.”

It will be recalled that MTN Nigeria has a long standing alliance with RIM, makers of Blackberry, dating back to 2007 when MTN Nigeria was the first telecommunications company in Africa to offer Blackberry on a pre- paid basis. The new platform comes with very innovative features such as the BlackBerry® Hub. It is a single place to manage all your conversations whether personal or work email, BBM™ messages, social media updates or notifications, and the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. Another feature, according to the phone maker is the BlackBerry®Flow, where the BB 10 experience excels by enabling features and apps to flow seamlessly together, helping users complete the task at hand effortlessly and efficiently.

For example, you can tap on an attendee listed for a meeting to see their latest tweet or LinkedIn profile. Or tap the thumbnail of a picture you just took to launch the Picture editor and quickly apply a transformation or filter, then instantly share it with your contacts. Interestingly, the keyboard understands and adapts to the user, according to the firm. It learns what words you use and how you use them, and then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. The BBM (BlackBerry® Messenger), allows you to share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact. BlackBerry® Balance™ technology elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content on BlackBerry devices.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/tech/telecoms/51462-mtn-looks-to-strengthen-hold-of-data-service-market
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hate em or love em, but those Y'hello boyz sabi business !!! grin grin

First to launch the new Nokia Lumia 920 & now the new BB Z10.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by gidiMonsta(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
When we all these service providers start offering contract plans in Naija?
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
gidiMonsta: When we all these service providers start offering contract plans in Naija?
They do, but only prepaid calling plans, haven't heard about any post paid plans on Blackberry yet.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Feb 13, 2013
Glo is offering it too on pre-order for N100,000 only.
http://www.gloworld.com/blackberryz10.asp

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Yeah !!! MTN too. Glo Network has been horrible in Yola lately sha. Thinking of subscribing to Airtel.

http://www.mtnonline.com/bb10

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2013
samir101ng: Yeah !!! MTN too. Glo Network has been horrible in Yola lately sha. Thinking of subscribing to Airtel.

Yola? As I am typing this now, I am in Lelewaji in Yola Town. To be honest, I have been enjoying my Glo services on my phone which I connected my laptop to through Hotspot.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
Yola? As I am typing this now, I am in Lelewaji in Yola Town. To be honest, I have been enjoying my Glo services on my phone which I connected my laptop to through Hotspot.

Maybe coz Yola Town has low traffic on its cell towers compared to Bank Road (Galadima Aminu Way) where i am. Heard Glo has launched 3G at FUTY for students angry angry

Na wa for them o. Plus glo BB has also been terrible at Karewa. undecided undecided
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
samir101ng:

Maybe coz Yola Town has low traffic on its cell towers compared to Bank Road (Galadima Aminu Way) where i am. Heard Glo has launched 3G at FUTY for students angry angry

Na wa for them o. Plus glo BB has also been terrible at Karewa. undecided undecided
Well, that may be correct.
As for the 3G service, Glo has a new 3G mast at School of Nursing and Midwifery, Yola Town, though it is not commissioned yet. There is no way Glo will launch 3G service at FUTY for students only. If their 3G service is up already there, it is for every Glo subscriber, not just for students.
On the Blackberry issue, I use Glo Blackberry plan on my Glo Bolt Modem and Android phone. To be honest, the service is very smooth with EGDE. So, by the time 3G is launch here in Yola Town, I will be on top of the world with speed.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
samir101ng: Yeah !!! MTN too. Glo Network has been horrible in Yola lately sha. Thinking of subscribing to Airtel.

Airtel doing it too.
http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/Nigeria/Personal/Blackberry_10_Pre_Order/PreOrder_now/

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by outrage: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
For watin na? Phone way no get BIS!
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by snthesis(m): 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
does d z10 support BIS plans?
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by lifestyle1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
outrage: For watin na? Phone way no get BIS!

That's the advantage.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
Airtel iz gettn bad dis days interms of browsing
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
You still cant beat my Iphone 5

cool

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by ITbomb(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
WHAT ALL THIS NOISE ABOUT MTN BB10,
AIRTEL AND GLO WERE FIRST TO OFFER PREORDERING FOR 100,000 SINCE 3 WEEKS AGO .
WHAT IS BB WITHOUT A BIS? SH¡T

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Guk: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2013

I am responding to you from a BBz10,so I don't know ds story about BIS not bn available.

Transferring from my old BlackBerry was seamless
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by creativemusic: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by mrkels(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
Omo all the networks don dey do pre order like them phemmy motors and co for auto section cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by devour129: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
Guk:

I am responding to you from a BBz10,so I don't know ds story about BIS not bn available.

hrd that too but mi hubby gave me the new bb as a gift and it works
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by amadika(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thatz not true. It supports BIS and you can also use the normal internet plan to get all the BB services.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Walexy96: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
God when will I have my own money to buy whatever I want, without any stress at anytime ? So people have been buying this phone in nigeria ? Am inspired. I determine to continue working hard so that one day I will feel on top of the world. May God help me, and u that like my decision.

7 Likes

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samkay12(m): 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
The new BB doesn't use BIS
It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time

Good:
You don't pay for the monthly BIS plan to get BBM

Bad:
BIS uses some sort of compression technology to ensure minimum bandwidth usage. This is advantageous in Nigeria where u get meagre download allowance for each month.

Basically, if you do a lot (i mean a looot) of browsing on BB, it might be cheaper to stick with the older models
For the new BB, Just pop in any sim, get an internet plan and you will have access to the BBM and other BB services on BB10 with no need for the additional BIS monthly thing

hope this helps
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oya nau! Make me sef go hustle my 100k take buy BB10 come tweet like Davido with pics sef. Yay!
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by outrage: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
amadika:
Thatz not true. It supports BIS and you can also use the normal internet plan to get all the BB services.
I don't get your drift, you mean if you are usin BIS you wouldn't get the complete blackberry services?? Dosent make sense to me!
Guk:

Did you subscribe with the normal codes or the new codes for bb10 only. That's wich is limited to 1GB.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Guk: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
samkay12:
For the new BB, Just pop in any sim, get an internet plan and you will have access to the BBM and other BB services on BB10 with no need for the additional BIS monthly thing

hope this helps

The interesting thing is that i did not get any internet plan. All i did was to take an old MTN sim of mine to MTN office, they cut it into a Microsim for me, i popped it into the Z10, registered my email address that i use on my old BB and used the command Switch Device and all my contacts and mails were moved over seamlessly. I did not need to do a new subscription on d new BB and i am receiving emails on both BBs at the same time. Dont understand it though
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samkay12(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
Guk:

The interesting thing is that i did not get any internet plan. All i did was to take an old MTN sim of mine to MTN office, they cut it into a Microsim for me, i popped it into the Z10, registered my email address that i use on my old BB and used the command Switch Device and all my contacts and mails were moved over seamlessly. I did not need to do a new subscription on d new BB and i am receiving emails on both BBs at the same time. Dont understand it though

@Gok. Does this mean that you can browse with that sim on any phone now? does your old MTN sim have BIS activated?
Point is, if the sim has internet access on it, it will work with the BB10.

looking at the mtn tarrifs for BB10, it is no different from the older BBs.
Obviously u can browse for longer with the older BBs so you might end up spending more money to own the new BB (if you browse a lot)
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Scarpon(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
what is this network provider doings about android
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
samkay12: The new BB doesn't use BIS
It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time

Good:
You don't pay for the monthly BIS plan to get BBM

Bad:
BIS uses some sort of compression technology to ensure minimum bandwidth usage. This is advantageous in Nigeria where u get meagre download allowance for each month.

Basically, if you do a lot (i mean a looot) of browsing on BB, it might be cheaper to stick with the older models

hope this helps

@samkay12,

BIS works on the Blackberry 10. Stop spewing the same garbage you hear from people and do some research on your own.

https://www.nairaland.com/1182166/no-bis-blackberry-10/4

www.crackberry.com

Seek Knowledge
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Htown64(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: does d z10 support BIS plans?
Yes it does.... But it depends on your network.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by str8talk1: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dis make no sense 2 me at all. As long as Airtel offers d cheapest in terms of calls(7.5k/s) & Data. MTN can kiss my a$$!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. / Airtel 20gb For 200naira Is Back And It Downloading Heavy Files On Opera Mini / My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.