Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power (6353 Views)

President Buhari Reportedly Prevented From Seeing Pope For Late Coming / Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power / Us Lauds Alison-madueke’s Leadership Of Oil Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by fkaz(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York
President Goodluck Jonathan has applauded the “exemplary wisdom and courage” of Pope Benedict XVI in voluntarily relinquishing the Papacy on account of his advanced age and growing inability to keep up with the physical and mental demands of the office.
The Pope yesterday announced he will be retiring at the end of this month.
In a statement by the presidency today, Mr. Jonathan wished Pope Benedict a very peaceful and restful retirement.
“The President trusts that even in retirement, Pope Benedict XVI will continue to contribute to the spiritual well-being of the world inevery possible way and that he will continue to offer prayers to God Almighty for global justice, equity, peace and progress,” the statement said.
He also prayed for wisdom and divine insight for the College of Cardinals to elect a worthy successor who will build on Pope Benedict’s commendable achievements as head of the Catholic Church.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-hails-pope-benedict-xvi%E2%80%99s-courage-and-wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Gbongbonosi(f): 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
How good its if gej can do as this man of god did your inability and incredibility to control Nigeria the giant of African

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by BabaEleko(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
Oh lord please give GEJ the wisdom and courage to resign too if this Nigeria ship is too difficult for his thinking faculty to correspond with. Amin!!! Amen!!! Asheooo!!!

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by SisiKill1: 1:35am On Feb 13, 2013
President Jonathan Hails Pope Benedict Xvi’s Courage and Wisdom

. . .At least he recognizes in someone else, that's something. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Tolexander: 5:11am On Feb 13, 2013
bandwagon
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by fkaz(m): 9:02am On Feb 13, 2013
Hope people above 75 years will follow suit and leave governance in nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by lifestyle1(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2013
You closed a tread that made front page n direct me here. Wtf ? undecided
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by ZACHIE: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2013
Looks like ANENIH is not in his backyard grappling for spoils of office at 90.....agbaya
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Igwe9(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2013
finally,thread fixed, person be dey go in circles before grin
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Itoroetti(m): 10:19am On Feb 13, 2013
Saharareporters being positive in its reportage for the first time.so d devil can aswell repent.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Morgan1092(m): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2013
If 2 say Pope na African, hmmm! Em 4 no gree resign ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Cyberbaze(m): 10:32am On Feb 13, 2013
pls my fellow Catholics,I heard a rumor that people of Rome are protesting about the legalisation of same sex marriage in Catholic church..and one of my mind told me that thatz y pope resign not to be the one to legalise it..Pls lets pray so that the new pope wil not legalise that abnormality act,cuz Anglican HQ Cantabury legalised it immidiately after the entrance of the new bishop.
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by yuzedo: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2013
This GEJ and his goons is jokes! undecided

... MOD, why una dey play with front page topics na? Abi you use super-glue take mastur...........

Don't bother, i will ban myself... grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by excondido(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Itoroetti :
Saharareporters being positive in its reportage for the first time.so d devil can aswell repent.

only benighted individual will disparage saharareporter in their quest to uncover govt secret affairs. go and watch nta then.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Mukaz: 10:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Naija office holders always respect patriotic leaders opinion but can they follow suit?
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2013
That's my president grin
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Mcdondayan: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2013
Mod y will you close a thread that has made the front page. Didnt u cross check b4 placing it on FP?
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by slimming: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2013
it cannot happen in PDP.
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by ifihearam: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2013
foolish and gullible peeople on nairalnad as usual.
same sahara report that said GEJ went for an operation in london,but alas he was hale and hearty watching the maych with his lovely wife.
same sahahra that said his convoy was involved in an accident with no proff.
and now this,and you are commenting .

smh
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2013
fkaz: Hope people above 75 years will follow suit and leave governance in nigeria.
BUHARI TAKE NOTE

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by ayoola2002(m): 10:57am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=ifihearam]foolish and gullible peeople on nairalnad as usual.
same sahara report that said GEJ went for an operation in london,but alas he was hale and hearty watching the maych with his lovely wife.
same sahahra that said his convoy was involved in an accident with no proff.
and now this,and you are commenting .

smh[/quote

Who do we blame now?
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote
author=Cyberbaze]pls my fellow Catholics,I heard a rumor that people of
Rome are protesting about the legalisation of same sex marriage in
Catholic church..and one of my mind told me that thatz y pope resign not
to be the one to legalise it..Pls lets pray so that the new pope wil
not legalise that abnormality act,cuz Anglican HQ Cantabury legalised it
immidiately after the entrance of the new bishop.[/quote]I GUES U GUYS WILL MEK HIM SAINT WEN HE DIES. BL*OODY HYPOC*RITES
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2013
Pope resigned...Keshi resigned and later came back...can GEJ grow some balls and just resign too?
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2013
Indirectly, we are telling Buhari and OH BEE JAY to learn from the Pope.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2013
Where was he when Suntai,chime and imoke were and are still missing in office ?
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Awoofawo(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Mcdondayan: Mod y will you close a thread that has made the front page. Didnt u cross check b4 placing it on FP?

No worry yourself pal! Some mods for NL dey engage in topic snatching! When dem see topic dem like. Na so dem go comot d real topic own com use dem other username push am for frontpage, no vex, peel!cheesycheesycheesywink
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2013
A wise leader who can't continue to lead his people due to health concerns or any other issue ll honourably step down. Unlike some 'I go quench for power' leaders in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by ochukoccna: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Where was he when Suntai,chime and imoke were and are still missing in office ?
True talk Bluetooth
Billyonaire: Indirectly, we are telling Buhari and OH BEE JAY to learn from the Pope.
Why not Ebele?
Especially seeing his incompetence is baffling& holds most Nigerians starstruck

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by aydoth(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
Is the Pope a politician that he should relinquish power?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by Rufex07(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
hmmm
Re: Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power by calcal: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
hope the queen learn from this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brainless Baba Buhari Put The Cart Before The Horse / Julius Agwu Booed Out Of Stage At Ibadan Glo Lafftafest / Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.