Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,518 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON (21815 Views)

Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Truequest(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2013
I watched with utter disbelief the inclusion of Nigerian international Efe Ambrose in the Celtic squad that lost to Juventus on Tuesday in Uefa Champions League. Ambrose was not only included in the squad but the lad was played all through the duration of the match. And commentators and analyst took turns to blame him for mistakes that lead to two of the goals conceded.

This is a lad that has just ended a gruesome tournament on Sunday night in far away South Africa, he may have possible arrived Scotland on Monday, then Tuesday he was in the starting eleven for a game against the Italian giants.

My questions are; Is it fair to blame this lad for being tired?

for more go to:
http://africanquarters.com/index.php/component/k2/item/6130-efe-ambrose-a-case-of-european-clubs-disregard-for-afcon.html
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by oluwadare26(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Truequest: I watched with utter disbelief the inclusion of Nigerian international Efe Ambrose in the Celtic squad that lost to Juventus on Tuesday in Uefa Champions League. Ambrose was not only included in the squad but the lad was played all through the duration of the match. And commentators and analyst took turns to blame him for mistakes that lead to two of the goals conceded.

This is a lad that has just ended a gruesome tournament on Sunday night in far away South Africa, he may have possible arrived Scotland on Monday, then Tuesday he was in the starting eleven for a game against the Italian giants.

for more go to:
http://africanquarters.com/index.php/component/k2/item/6130-efe-ambrose-a-case-of-european-clubs-disregard-for-afcon.html

He shud to be blame ofcouse! Or do u want to blame me? I'm pretty sure the Nigeria officials would warn him to disembark, but he refused.., i cant imagine, u played late in d night on sunday., partied 2ruout d night, travelled by air on Monday, get to play on Tuesday against an Italian Champion who taught "Chelsea" Europe defending champion "lessons" and he expect he's going to play well...? Y ur mates are still in abuja calculating how to develope their sites.

17 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Truequest(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2013
@Oluwadare What if his club had ordered him to return because of that game? As a coach would you have fielded such a player, considering jet lag and all the stress that go with such a long journey?

5 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Kx: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2013
In an era of match fixing,
should nt the top mgt of Celtic be investigating Celtic manager Neil Lennon for fielding a tired, exhausted,sleep deprived and jet lagged Efe Ambrose especially in a central defensive-more like the last man- role?

12 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by madridsta007(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
Truequest: I watched with utter disbelief the inclusion of Nigerian international Efe Ambrose in the Celtic squad that lost to Juventus on Tuesday in Uefa Champions League. Ambrose was not only included in the squad but the lad was played all through the duration of the match. And commentators and analyst took turns to blame him for mistakes that lead to two of the goals conceded.

for more go to:

He returned to Scotland Tuesday morning. The match was Tuesday night.

It was senseless starting him, wonder what Neil Lennon was thinking?

6 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by kcjazz(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ermmmm they pay him every week even when he was at AFCON wink

7 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by anishe(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
he arrived in Scotland on the morning of Tuesday, the day the match was to be played. but because Celtic has got no alternative, he has to be used. Unfortunately, the tiredness in him shows and the calamity befell them. Sosad.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by henryblaze25(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
He needs not to be blamed, that dude was ectremely tired and if he complains it night sound disrespectful to the club. We shouln't forget that if he had stayed behind 4 the victory party with MR President he would be given a fine by the club.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by henryblaze25(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
He needs not to be blamed, that dude was extremely tired and if he complains it night sound disrespectful to the club. We shouln't forget that if he had stayed behind 4 the victory party with MR President he would be given a fine by the club.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by KINGwax(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
If u ask me... Na u I go ask?
The matter wey dey see soo...e tay wey e stand...
No be me go talk am... E heavy for mouth...
it u ask me...if u ask me...
Na u I go askkkkkkkkk!!!!!b

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Etumgbe(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
why he no form injury na?

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by shadrach77: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
i was suprised too that he was included in the Celtic team but before we blame the team, we need to ask the player himself what the situation was? I'm sure the coach must have asked him if he was fit enough to play and knowing our guys for what they are, in an attempt to please his coach, cement his place in the team and make up for lost time, he agreed to play. So if this was the sitation, the blame rests on the player not on the coach or the club sad sad sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by pyyxxaro: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
mikeyhernadez: U dey ask me_you blooddy fool_i be like Niel Lenon for your eyes?

BROS WETIN HAPPEN NA ? NO GO BE LIKE MAJEK FASHEK O tongue cry tongue

6 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
mikeyhernadez: U dey ask me_you blooddy fool_i be like Niel Lenon for your eyes?
e don reach fight now now, abi na wwe?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Cutekid54: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
On bi mi ooo, ta le mi o bi (he dey ask me ooo, na who i go ask?)
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by slimderek(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ya. I totally agree with the dude with the 1st post
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by tuyi19: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
He should be blame for it. i dont see any reason for holding on to ball when surposed to have given a pass and rest, especially the second goal. the guy need to be worked on to know how to release ball on time.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Kslib(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
kkloyyy
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by franksunny(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
how does this affect our afcon victory? are they going to declare ghana the winner?

3 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Intrepid1(m): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2013

Who is this c.u.nt? Did anyone call your st.up.id name, or direct the question at you?

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by chelseabmw(m): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
HE ACTUALLY LANDED ON TUESDAY MORNING
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
It's a case of burn out. The coach shouldn't have included him at all.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Moukafoam(f): 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2013

cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Petraman(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
oluwadare26:

He shud to be blame ofcouse! Or do u want to blame me? I'm pretty sure the Nigeria officials would warn him to disembark, but he refused.., i cant imagine, u played late in d night on sunday., partied 2ruout d night, travelled by air on Monday, get to play on Tuesday against an Italian Champion who taught "Chelsea" Europe defending champion "lessons" and he expect he's going to play well...? Y ur mates are still in abuja calculating how to develope their sites.
How will u put d blame no him, he just finish a very tedious competition in South Africa on Sunday nite and rush down to d club to to play with a strong Juventus team. The blame should be put on d club, cos he's very tired even from d journey down there.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by White007(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
I was surprised to see him play for Celtic against Juv in a such a high tempo game. Considering he played the final of the AFCON on Sunday night, immediately took a plane on a journey of about 12hours to glasgow, landed on tuesday and forced to play on same day.

What was his coach thinking? That he is a super- human or what? Efe was definitely tired, jet lagged, and burnt out. The coach took a gamble playing him and it all backfired on him.

All the blame should fall squarely on the coach.

4 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by omiobo: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Really I felt for him. He should have stayed to rejoice with his people here in Nigeria. I see no reason why the coach should feature him.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Rooneyboy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Soo pathetic, a growing profile crashes down in less than 72 hours.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by aieromon(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
The blame should be directed at Neil Lennon who fielded a jet lagged player against the Italian giants. Ambrose should have been taken off right after the first half.

As for the analysts and commentators,somebody had to take the blame and Ambrose made an excellent scape goat. Needless to say, Celtic is out of the UCL.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by born2boink(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
I think the guy need to rest for at least 3 days before playing, the same way manchester city fielded Yaya Toure on arrival at start of the games against southampton and they lost the match awfully, Gervinho was bench in arsenal, Tiote was also bench in Newcastle but came on later, the Club should know that body no bi firewood, thank God he messed and not collapse like Foe, player strength and body should be respected, when I first saw ambrose his name on starting list, I thought it was computer error......they deserve to lost, do they want to kill him because of one match even thought he is getting paid, not to lost life level

3 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ecosanders: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
tuyi19: He should be blame for it. i dont see any reason for holding on to ball when surposed to have given a pass and rest, especially the second goal. the guy need to be worked on to know how to release ball on time.
U r right, dat 2nd error is unacceptable, besides d manager calld him aside b4 d match and ask hm if he feel ok, and he said he is gud 2 go.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by AjanleKoko: 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
It's what it is. Unfortunate but it is what it is.
He made a bad call by accepting to start the game. Though he's a starter and most likely felt the club was counting on him. But it's a call that went wrong.
He should pick himself up and move on. Shyt happens jare. No need for him to listen to chumps who do not know what it's like to be in that position. It's one of those things.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Vs Cape Verde: AFCON 2023 (1 - 2) On 14th January 2024 / Oshoala Scores Another Hat-trick As Barcelona Beats Logrono 0-6. / Benjamin Mendy Granted Bail, Awaits Trial For Rape & Sexual Assault Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.