Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Are You Still Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are You Still Married? (11518 Views)

Nigerian Dr To Become A Father After 15years: But He Is Still Married? / Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Call it a resaerch...

I see several people around me stay in marriage for different reasons other than cos they love their spouses.

Some stay cos of their personal resolve.

Some stay cos of the society - church influence, economic situation and all

Some cos of their family

Some cos of the kids.

Lastly, (with the smallest percentage) some stay cos they love their spouses.

From my observation, those that have stayed for reasons other than their personal resolve and the love of their spouses end up breaking up at a later year. So, it brings me to conclude that if all these external influences - societal pressure, family, church influence, kids and all are removed, most marriages would not last till their 3 anniversary.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Same reason I got married in the first place . . . . cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by achinaboy(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ujujoan: Same reason I got married in the first place . . . . cool cool
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Lol...

Which is?
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by greatgod2012(f): 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
First and most importantly, because i love my hubby and i want to remain married to him, making him happy d same way he makes me happy.
To be associated with my hubby.
To cater, raise and ensure brighter future for our children together with their father.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by achinaboy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Tgirl4real: Lol...

Which is?
wonder why u wants to know why i got married grin
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
achina boy: wonder why u wants to know why i got married grin

Lol

It will help my research.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2013
@OP,greatgod gave you my answer.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 14, 2013

Which is?

Met a wonderful man . . . wanted to keep him all to myself! cool cool
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ujujoan:

Met a wonderful man . . . wanted to keep him all to myself! cool cool

Selfish geh! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Selfish geh! grin

LMAO . . before nko!
See all the cretin-like men around now. A girl's gotta be smart about these things wink cheesy
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ujujoan:

LMAO . . before nko!
See all the cretin-like men around now. A girl's gotta be smart about these things wink cheesy

U can say dat again... Lol
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by achinaboy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2013

Which is?
ok,i got married because i was in love,we met in a student hostel,4guys and she was the only girl,the other three guys was like trying to impress her,but for me i was in love with her the first day she moved in,it was like this is the girl i have been looking for so many years,but we never say hi to eachother for more than 4months,along the line,she was also in love without even saying hi to me,then one day i knocked on her door,she open and said can i help u?,i said yes, can i come in?she said yes,then i sat down,and then we talked for 5mins and i told her,am here because am inlove with u,and i would like to marry u if u permit me,and the story goes from there,after 8years with three kids,we are still in love like the day we met jah blesss

28 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
1: cos i love my hubby n wants to grow old with him.
2: becos of my kids want them to be nurtured and grow up under one roof with their parents.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by MrsSiena1(f): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
He is the love of my life, we are inseperable, my soulmate. I am still married cos he is my DELTAN KING

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by scarred: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ujujoan: Same reason I got married in the first place . . . . cool cool

Ditto
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by feminineA: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
Coz I love him. Love him everyday! He's just the best. Can't trade him for anyother
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by JallowBah(f): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2013
Because I love him. He is a good father, a good husband, and he always knows how to make me smile.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2013
Awwww... How sweet! cheesy

Are u guys telling me my observation is wrong?

May be it's only those in love that are talking. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 15, 2013
Tgirl4real: Awwww... How sweet! cheesy

Are u guys telling me my observation is wrong?

May be it's only those in love that are talking. grin

Lol . . . or maybe those not talking just don't want to share!

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:38am On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

Lol . . . or maybe those not talking just don't want to share!

Well... This must be d new family section of 2013 cos d women I know here are always eager to share about how loving their husband's are.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
achina boy: ok,i got married because i was in love,we met in a student hostel,4guys and she was the only girl,the other three guys was like trying to impress her,but for me i was in love with her the first day she moved in,it was like this is the girl i have been looking for so many years,but we never say hi to eachother for more than 4months,along the line,she was also in love without even saying hi to me,then one day i knocked on her door,she open and said can i help u?,i said yes, can i come in?she said yes,then i sat down,and then we talked for 5mins and i told her,am here because am inlove with u,and i would like to marry u if u permit me,and the story goes from there,after 8years with three kids,we are still in love like the day we met jah blesss

Awwww, this is so sweet. I wish you both more marital bliss. Eight years together, still in love and going strong.

Men like you give someone like me hope that quality men still abound.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by achinaboy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
it`s a matter of give and take,understanding is very important,allow the other person to talk while u listen,then she will also give u your own turn to talk while she listens,works most of the time,,,,,,,am not trying to push it grin
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by babarazy: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
@Op, Why do u care?
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by tomakint: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Chineke me, which kind question be dis Nairalanders and wonders, dem no dey carry last at all undecided
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Troll: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
[size=16pt]I Don't Plan To Get Married. I Want To Die Young, Single And Almost Famous Like Goldie [/size]
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why do u still ask irrelevant questions undecided
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
TMI
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Naijalane: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
[size=55pt]
What kind question bi this? JAMB, WAEC, POST UTME or what?[/size]
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by tomakint: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Troll: [size=16pt]I Don't Plan To Get Married. I Want To Die Young, Single And Almost Famous Like Goldie [/size]
Dude, be careful what you wished for, don't think it's just an online thing...words whether spoken or written have a way of influencing our future beware of the power of the tongue...I hope you will give my advise a thought cool

10 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by fairygeh(f): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Troll: [size=16pt]I Don't Plan To Get Married. I Want To Die Young, Single And Almost Famous Like Goldie [/size]
o ma shey o

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by tomakint: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
Naijalane: [size=55pt]
What kind question bi this? JAMB, WAEC, POST UTME or what?[/size]

...all of the aboveeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself / My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.