Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years (2897 Views)

Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU / Unbelievable ! …woman Gives Birth To Pregnant Baby… / Baby Trolley / Baby Seats & Baby Toilet FOR SALE!!!!! ( Pictures Gallery ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by Ndipe(m): 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2008
Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer
2 minutes ago

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years — so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. , I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/woman_in_bathroom;_ylt=AuLYrioewv0SXi26_f_FlLms0NUE
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by TOYOSI20(f): 4:06am On Mar 13, 2008
Strange, very strange indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 13, 2008
Freaky!!!!!!
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by chychy(f): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2008
MORBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by Verycool: 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2008
Wonders shall never end
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by kton(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2008
this one is more than unbelievable. the more you look, the unbelievable you hear.

na real crazy world we dey.
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by Ndipe(m): 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2008
I doubt the authenticity of this story. Really bizzare!
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by 4Him(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2008
makes my skin crawl. She didnt take a bath in 2 yrs?
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by SeanT21(f): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2008
at 4him

she took bath but she wont leave the bathroom. The man that live with her used to pass her closed through the dooor and also her food. She sat on the toilet for so long that the toilet seat was stuck on her but. They had to take her to the hospital. She is right now in a mental institution.
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by ikamefa(f): 4:24am On Mar 14, 2008
LMAO " grin "

another level of crase ! grin cheesy

Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 14, 2008
@post
i dnt pity the women, i feel disgusted. . .c'mon na, that's just grosss. . like ewwww lipsrsealed
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by nkc(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2008
shocked
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by elizabetta(f): 3:38pm On May 13, 2008
shocked
Re: Unbelievable: Woman Sat On Toilet For 2 Years by tonib(f): 3:06pm On May 14, 2008
so gross shocked

(1) (Reply)

Let's Organise A Fun Party For Your Kids / Who Supposed To Be At The Front Sit Of Your Car, Your Wife Or Uncle? / Enlarge At Home Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.