Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,976 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. (13953 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent / Chris Oyaks Embarks On 40 Days Fasting And Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

lol cheesy are you serious?
more serious. How do expect a car to run miles without fuel?
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:
i understand it's 4odays and 4o nights. mine wil start from 8pm and ends 8am everyday.

Mine is also different from the 40 days/nights
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by prairie(f): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:
i understand it's 4odays and 4o nights. mine wil start from 8pm and ends 8am everyday.
Lol! U want to sly God abi
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by packaging(m): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hello house, can anyone pls tell me practical examples of sins that can be committed against the holy spirit that does not merit forgiveness?
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
Good luck, I have never fasted. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: Lol! U want to sly God abi
it's all the same na
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Good luck, I have never fasted. lipsrsealed undecided
how hv u been?? Y'all should try fasting, maybe the christian God can save Cameroon from its abject poverty!
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Good luck, I have never fasted. lipsrsealed undecided

You should try, I promise you you will never look back again smiley
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
like i have asked previously with no response on NL

pls what is the biblical timing for christisn fasting? between what n what hour?

what constitutes fasting? precise definitions pls.

i ask because i understand the muslim version. they have a basis for it. its sunrise to sundown. total break from ingesting anything and other stuff.

the xtian one is a lil confusing its between when and when? whats d basis of 6pm. are u allowed water? etc etc. i googled, found a few that said u could take water n even fruits
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by bukatyne(f): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Can you plz support this fact with the holy Bible?

Always open to learn
Matthew 12: 31 - 32
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by prairie(f): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
packaging: Hello house, can anyone pls tell me practical examples of sins that can be committed against the holy spirit that does not merit forgiveness?
E.g despair: it is termed unforgivable because of d nature of d sin and not d holyspirit because when people despair, they think there is no hope and this leads to them not asking for forgiveness of their sins, and as u know a sin cannot be forgiven if d sinner isnt contrite and asks for forgiveness, therefore it is unforgiveable because the sinner thinks it is unforgiveable
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by prairie(f): 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
4llerbuntu: like i have asked previously with no response on NL

pls what is the biblical timing for christisn fasting? between what n what hour?

what constitutes fasting? precise definitions pls.

i ask because i understand the muslim version. they have a basis for it. its sunrise to sundown. total break from ingesting anything and other stuff.

the xtian one is a lil confusing its between when and when? whats d basis of 6pm. are u allowed water? etc etc. i googled, found a few that said u could take water n even fruits
fasting could be anyway as long as u deprive urself of a luxury, there isnt a specific way of doing it because christians place more emphasis on the heart and soul than the body, if i am an abusive person I'd rather fast from insulting people than fast from sunrise to sunset because the latter places more emphasis on the body while the former places emphasis on the heart which is more important
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

You should try, I promise you you will never look back again smiley
I might faint undecided
I don't even eat that much, so I guess It's okay, also I stopped eating too much meat cool
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
packaging: Hello house, can anyone pls tell me practical examples of sins that can be committed against the holy spirit that does not merit forgiveness?
1. When you lie against the Holy Spirit i.e. saying He told you something when He didn't
2. Attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil

Others in the house can help wih more.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2013

Speaking evil against God ordained ones.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: hurry up ooo, there is no light,boko and mend are bombing us cry cry.
why are y'all going soft?? I miss the old version of u guys cry
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
why are y'all going soft?? I miss the old version of u guys cry
lent wink undecided
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lent wink undecided
undecided
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Dextra(f): 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rooneyboy:
who is he to u
He is an old driver in my former place of work. A very diligent and honest man. It is one thing I promised myself I will do for him. Did I answer you question? smiley
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Dzzbabe: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
Am starting my fasting tommorow i pray for strength and Gods guidence
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Dextra(f): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
DAY 5 (February 17, 2013).
Still going on stronger. Thank you Jesus!
Please people, spend quality time communicating with God through prayer and meditation. Pray in the Holy Ghost.
Love you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? / There Will Be Disaster If Nigeria Is Not Restructured- Bishop Tunde Adeleye / 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.