Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

$500 Writing Contest!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / $500 Writing Contest!! (1153 Views)

ING - Creative Writing Contest 2015 / Orangetot Online Writing Contest / Sponsored Writing Contest - $100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$500 Writing Contest!! by mimifonwon(f): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hi everyone i have decided to post a competition four times a year on here, starting this year, especially In lieu of m.i Abaga's poetic dedication to the ALuu4. I want you to write about how we can change our beloved nigeria, whether through a prose or simply a poem. I want you guys to be realistic and start with or somewhere within your writing include " Because of my unconditional love for my father land...." or " I am nigerian not because i was born here.." The write up must not be more than 500 word count and feel free to experiment with your favorite lingua franca, just make sure everyone can understand it. If you must mix english-which i encourage with your native tongue, create a key at the bottom to help those who cannot understand your native tongue. I really want to know the thoughts of the youths that nigeria is raising and perchance we can find a solution to our problems. To enter you must be no older than 30. You must help in your community some how, pro-bono and have a community leader sign you did 10 hours of community service. Please am trusting you are not going to cheat. You can use video to your pen to express yourselve as long as its not more than 500 words. There is no fee to enter, just sit down and Be creative, after all you are Nigerian!!

Deadline: March 28
Type of submission: online or offline ( email me your pieces if you dont feel comfortable posting it on here)
Length of submission: no more than 500 words..
Requirement: you must be a registered user of nairaland, please use your name on nairaland to sign your work.
Prizes: $500 ( through paypal account )
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by illicit(m): 4:26am On Feb 14, 2013
Op wat has community work got 2do wit writting?
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by mimifonwon(f): 5:49am On Feb 14, 2013
illicit: Op wat has community work got 2do wit writting?

I want whoever enters the contest to volunteer first and document it then of honest mind turn in the evidence they volunteered in their community with their written work. I decided to use part of my tax return money to start this initiative. I believe charity goes hand in hand with creativity. smiley
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by kristana(f): 7:32am On Feb 14, 2013
Hmm gud thing tho
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by b03liberty(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nice initiative and a very commendable one indeed, but your e-mail is not here, and also no contact address is given for the offline submission
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by mimifonwon(f): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
shoot me a message and i will reply, i dont like putting my personal email in this publlic chat.... but thanks though, if you are interested send me a direct message and i will reply.
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by CoolKizzy(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2013
you want this to be done by Niigerians and u mentioned paypal. . . Well i luv the initiative and would like to take part, but you have to include more payment options dear.
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by Mobsync(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2013
mimifonwon: Hi everyone i have decided to post a competition four times a year on here, starting this year, especially In lieu of m.i Abaga's poetic dedication to the ALuu4. I want you to write about how we can change our beloved nigeria, whether through a prose or simply a poem. I want you guys to be realistic and start with or somewhere within your writing include " Because of my unconditional love for my father land...." or " I am nigerian not because i was born here.." The write up must not be more than 500 word count and feel free to experiment with your favorite lingua franca, just make sure everyone can understand it. If you must mix english-which i encourage with your native tongue, create a key at the bottom to help those who cannot understand your native tongue. I really want to know the thoughts of the youths that nigeria is raising and perchance we can find a solution to our problems. To enter you must be no older than 30. You must help in your community some how, pro-bono and have a community leader sign you did 10 hours of community service. Please am trusting you are not going to cheat. You can use video to your pen to express yourselve as long as its not more than 500 words. There is no fee to enter, just sit down and Be creative, after all you are Nigerian!!

Deadline: March 28
Type of submission: online or offline ( email me your pieces if you dont feel comfortable posting it on here)
Length of submission: no more than 500 words..
Requirement: you must be a registered user of nairaland, please use your name on nairaland to sign your work.
Prizes: $500 ( through paypal account )

paypal does not accept Nigerians.
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by mimifonwon(f): 4:01am On Feb 28, 2013
Mobsync:

paypal does not accept Nigerians.

paypal seemed the easiest way that is protected, i send money through there all the time, and plus western union can be another option, who ever enters and wins will decide how they want the money to be sent to them, plus the money shouldn't be the important thing, rather community service and thought provoking write-up should be.
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by Mobsync(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2013
mimifonwon:

paypal seemed the easiest way that is protected, i send money through there all the time, and plus western union can be another option, who ever enters and wins will decide how they want the money to be sent to them, plus the money shouldn't be the important thing, rather community service and thought provoking write-up should be.

agreedsmileysmiley
Re: $500 Writing Contest!! by chigo4u: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2013
Is this competition still open? some of my people may be interested

(1) (Reply)

'the Last Sin Eater'- Francine Rivers. Book Review / The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! / The Odyssey Of An African Orphan By Doose Ukange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.