Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Things That Bring You Luck - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Things That Bring You Luck (2135 Views)

Does Diminutive Gnome Mat (eni Egbere) Still Bring Money? (picture) / Tanzanian Albinos Murdered And Body Parts Sold, Ritualists Says It Brings Luck / Things That Bring You Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2013
cheesy Many people believe there are certain things that bring them luck. the few i have heard, i will share with you, like; keeping some old coin in your money bag, putting on red panties tongue, hanging a horse shoe in your room, sneezing thrice once you wake up in the morning...Add yours
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Gboliwe: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2013
ngoziliz: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]cheesy Many people believe there are certain things that bring them luck. the few i have heard, i will share with you, like; keeping some old coin in your money bag, putting on red panties tongue, hanging a horse shoe in your room, sneezing thrice once you wake up in the morning...Add yours
Your right palm itching for a scratch. Lol @ putting red panties. I should change all my pants then to colour red.

1 Like

Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 14, 2013
Am sure ur dad is an herbalist
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2013
Gboliwe:
Your right palm itching for a scratch. Lol @ putting red panties. I should change all my pants then to colour red.
lol... you can give it a try cheesy
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Gboliwe: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2013
ayswags: Am sure ur dad is an herbalist
Who?
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2013
horse shoe? Please where can one get that??
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 14, 2013
to add mine- bush baby's mat, egret toe ring learnt those two are great source of spiritual money. also there is sth they call "afoma oparun" in yoruba (bamboo weed). that also brings wealth. i have no clues to wot could bring about luck but wealth
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
ondo_boi: horse shoe? Please where can one get that??
at the stables
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
ondo_boi: to add mine- bush baby's mat, egret toe ring learnt those two are great source of spiritual money. also there is sth they call "afoma oparun" in yoruba (bamboo weed). that also brings wealth. i have no clues to wot could bring about luck but wealth
shocked where can these be found and what is egret?
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
ngoziliz: at the stables
oh ok, thanks.
ngoziliz: shocked where can these be found and what is egret?
i think they are available in most traditional market place in the south-west(dont know about other regions) egret are those white bird with long legs, they usually flock with herds of cattle.
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 15, 2013
ondo_boi: oh ok, thanks. i think they are available in most traditional market place in the south-west(dont know about other regions) egret are those white bird with long legs, they usually flock with herds of cattle.
i ve seen the egret but it had no toe ring undecided
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 15, 2013
ngoziliz: i ve seen the egret but it had no toe ring undecided
keep searching, you may be lucky to see one that has. *though have never seen one before*
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
ondo_boi: keep searching, you may be lucky to see one that has. *though have never seen one before*
you gotta be kidding. egret toe ring ko, egret earring ni tongue
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by DeeOneBangin: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
@ondo_boi this may be off topic, but I want to know if a 3rd class holder can go for a professional masters program.

ondo_boi: keep searching, you may be lucky to see one that has. *though have never seen one before*
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

@ondo_boi this may be off topic, but I want to know if a 3rd class holder can go for a professional masters program.

yes, but it depends on the school you are applying to.
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
ngoziliz: you gotta be kidding. egret toe ring ko, egret earring ni tongue
you can say that again. seriously, egret toe ring does exist--its one of those mystical things that people disregard as a mere sham, maybe coz its not so common...

-mustard seed just learnt it brings luck
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by ifyalways(f): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2013
Funny but i do have some .
Bad/ill omen : Hitting my big toe nails twice or more on a stone or anything before or during a journey , biting on my tongue before a meal , itchy navels ,itchy eyes.
Good luck : Itchy palms and eye lashes ,mistakenly wearing my clothes the wrong way ,waking with my arms entwined with my knee.

tongue
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifyalways: Funny but i do have some .
Bad/ill omen : Hitting my big toe nails twice or more on a stone or anything before or during a journey , biting on my tongue before a meal , itchy navels ,itchy eyes.
Good luck : Itchy palms and eye lashes ,mistakenly wearing my clothes the wrong way ,waking with my arms entwined with my knee.

tongue
Are these for real?
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by ifyalways(f): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
I create my own reality.dunno about you.
Re: Things That Bring You Luck by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifyalways: I create my own reality.dunno about you.
oh... i see

(1) (Reply)

Nothing America Has That Nigera Doesn't Have (funny Post) / Seven Strange Traditions Across Africa / History Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.