Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) (6574 Views)

Over 700 Idol Worshippers In Mecca Dead / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 4:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
There is this Penticostal Protestant Church located in one warehouse in my street. They use to hold their service every Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Sundays they have there full service which starts by 8am and ends by 5pm. On Wednesdays they have their bible study/bible Worship Service. On Fridays they have their Night Vigil, which is a noisy demon casting and binding/deliverance Service. On these Fridays, I sleep by 6pm so that by 12mid Night the deliverance will begin I must have had enough rest. Most of the times, I don't care about what these people do in their Church, but last wednesday I decided to watch what was going on in this penticostal Church. Because I was there on time, Standing at my vantage point, I was amased at what I saw. Just before the bible study they had their Bible Worship. The Pastor ordered them to Pray "WHILE KNEELING BEFORE THEIR BIBLES". For 20minutes these penticostals were pouring out incomprehensible incantations and libations like SoBoriCoSanDaya! ShinTaraBaShinTaraBa! MaSeriCotarabababa......!.I was wondering why these Penticostal were KNEELING and PRAYING to there bibles. Then I remembered what God Said in Exodus20:4-5 "Do not make for yourselves images of anything(objects) in heaven or on earth.... 5 Do not bow down(or KNEEL) to any Idol(object) or worship(pray) to it. And these penticostals protestants were KNEELING and PRAYING to their bibles. Is this not IDOL WORSHIPPING?. The worst is yet to come. After those incantations, the Pastor asked them to use their bible as A POINT OF CONTACT(means of mediation) to God and ask for whatever they want from God. Honestly, at this point, I can't withstand it any longer so I left. How can people who call themselves Christians use an OBJECT as a point of contact or means of mediation to God? when my bible tells me that "Jesus Christ is our only mediator" and consequently, the only point of contact between Divinity and Humanity. PLEASE can any Penticostal Protestant who has ever knelt before his/her bible to pray prove to me that he/she has not practised Idolatry. Also can any Penticostal answer the following questions [1].Where is it in the bible that Christians should kneel and pray to (or before) their bible or scripture book? [2].Where is it in the bible that christians should use the bible or scroll as a point of contact or means of mediation between humanity and God. Finally can you prove to me that any Penticostal Protestant who kneels before his/her bible and prays before it is not an idol worshipper and I will prove to you that you don't have a bible talkless of knowing the meaning of [EXODUS20:4-5]. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by onatisi(m): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
they may be trying to show respect to the word of God .
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
onatisi: they may be trying to show respect to the word of God .
By kneeling to the bible(an object), by praying to it, by worshipping it and by using it as a mediator between them and God. This is more than respect.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
What sort of double standard hypocrisy is this?
You do the same thing with images of Mary and Jesus. Heck you even pray to Mary and make her out as the mediator between man and God. Just live and let live, you are no better than them.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by OCcool: 12:46am On Feb 15, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
You do the same thing with images of Mary and Jesus. Heck you even pray to Mary and make her out as the mediator between man and God. Just live and let live, you are no better than them.
gbam!!! Well said bro
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2013
and i remember correctly that you protestants insult catholics every week on nl, on the charge of idolatry. Atleast d catholic pray to a human being not an object.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
Okay, now instead of you to blame Penticostal protestants for their Idolatry, you are blaming the Catholic Church. Who is now the hypocrite?.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Where are the vibrant penticostals protestants of Nairaland. Come and defend your faith. All you were taught is to attack and attack, come do some defending let me see how good you are with that.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by inspiredbyGOD(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Where are the vibrant penticostals protestants of Nairaland. Come and defend your faith. All you were taught is to attack and attack, come do some defending let me see how good you are with that.
Defend what exactly? And for the record, I am not a protestant or a pentecostal or whatever fancy name you come up with for anyone who does not subscribe to the catholic doctrine. You kneel down in front of Mary's image to pray and they knelt down in front of their bibles to pray. What is the difference between what you are both doing?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by inspiredbyGOD(m): 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: and i remember correctly that you protestants insult catholics every week on nl, on the charge of idolatry. Atleast d catholic pray to a human being not an object.
i am not a protestant (whatever that means). Most times, you need an object before you can feel any connection with God. What is the point of the rosary?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Joagbaje(m): 6:26am On Feb 17, 2013
They don't have to do that to the bible it's a show of reverence even though its wrong . It's based on the pastor little understanding to display sacredness of the holy bible . That is not idolatory. The posture of kneeling down is not Idol worship either. It's only one of the gestures or positions in prayers. Jesus knelt down ,Paul' knelt down.. You don't labell every church by the practice of just one church. If you're not comfortable with a church system simply walk into another. But don't criticize

1 Like

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by OmoAlata(f): 7:39am On Feb 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: Atleast d catholic pray to a human being not an object.

When did the statue become a human being Kneeling and praying before a statue and kneeling and praying before a Bible, are both wrong, imo wink

And don't tar all pentecostal churches with the same brush undecided
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Joagbaje:
They don't have to do that to the bible it's a show of reverence even though its wrong . It's based on the pastor little understanding to display sacredness of the holy bible . That is not idolatory. The posture of kneeling down is not Idol worship either. It's only one of the gestures or positions in prayers. Jesus knelt down ,Paul' knelt down.. You don't labell every church by the practice of just one church. If you're not comfortable with a church system simply walk into another. But don't criticize
The TRUTH is begining to come out, and one of my objective of creating this thread is being fulfiled. Please NOTE the following STAEMENTS: [1]."It is a SHOW of REVERENCE". [2]."THAT is NOT IDOLATORY". [3]."The posture of KNEELING is NOT IDOLATORY". [4]."It is only ONE of the GESTURES or POSITIONS in PRAYER". On the other hand, I want you to know that I am glad to hear these words coming from a Non-Catholic. But we Catholics have been making EXACTLY the SAME STATEMENT over and over again, thousands upon thousands of time in the past, in defence of our "GESTURE or POSITION" of prayer but you Penticostals won't admit the TRUTH. I will bet my head that you protestants won't use these words if this thread is about "Catholics praying before a statue". Unfortunately, now I INVENTED a "LITERARY WORK" that will Perfectly, TURN THE TABLE AROUND, consequently, putting we Catholics on the offensive and you Protestants on the DEFENSIVE, guess what you used to defend yourself? "THE EXACT WORDS OF THE CATHOLICS" that you REJECTED countless number of times in the past. Therefore this is begging for the simple question, Is ANTI-CATHOLIC PROTESTANISM not the HIGHEST LEVEL of BLASPHAMOUS HYPOCRISY in CHRISTENDOM?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
Shebi na bible those pple they pray to, what of pple wey they pray to image of their G.O (e.g., Pastor Oyedepo)?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Defend what exactly? And for the record, I am not a protestant or a pentecostal or whatever fancy name you come up with for anyone who does not subscribe to the catholic doctrine. You kneel down in front of Mary's image to pray and they knelt down in front of their bibles to pray. What is the difference between what you are both doing?
the thing is, protestants make catholics defend their practice every week on nl. Let penticostals do same.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
i am not a protestant (whatever that means). Most times, you need an object before you can feel any connection with God. What is the point of the rosary?
a counting bead.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
Joagbaje:
so kneeling b4 an object is reverence not idolatry wow, wen catholics do same u guys scream "idolatry!!!" i say "hypocrisy"
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
Omo Alata:

When did the statue become a human being Kneeling and praying before a statue and kneeling and praying before a Bible, are both wrong, imo wink

And don't tar all pentecostal churches with the same brush undecided
sorry my dear, catholics dont say "hey statue pray 4 me" they say " hail mary" dat shuld tell u that they dont pray to statues.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: The TRUTH is begining to come out, and one of my objective of creating this thread is being fulfiled. Please NOTE the following STAEMENTS: [1]."It is a SHOW of REVERENCE". [2]."THAT is NOT IDOLATORY". [3]."The posture of KNEELING is NOT IDOLATORY". [4]."It is only ONE of the GESTURES or POSITIONS in PRAYER". On the other hand, I want you to know that I am glad to hear these words coming from a Non-Catholic. But we Catholics have been making EXACTLY the SAME STATEMENT over and over again, thousands upon thousands of time in the past, in defence of our "GESTURE or POSITION" of prayer but you Penticostals won't admit the TRUTH. I will bet my head that you protestants won't use these words if this thread is about "Catholics praying before a statue". Unfortunately, now I INVENTED a "LITERARY WORK" that will Perfectly, TURN THE TABLE AROUND, consequently, putting we Catholics on the offensive and you Protestants on the DEFENSIVE, guess what you used to defend yourself? "THE EXACT WORDS OF THE CATHOLICS" that you REJECTED countless number of times in the past. Therefore this is begging for the simple question, Is ANTI-CATHOLIC PROTESTANISM not the HIGHEST LEVEL of BLASPHAMOUS HYPOCRISY in CHRISTENDOM?
good question!
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 1:39am On Feb 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: the thing is, protestants make catholics defend their practice every week on nl. Let penticostals do same.
EXACTLY the reason why I created this thread. And so far, they have proved to be COWARDS, by accepting the Fact they rejected in the past. I just have one final simple question and Please I need an answer. [Q] Is it possible that a Protestant who pray before a Holy Book (Bible) can be criticising a Catholic who pray before a Holy Image (Statue of Christ) and not be a BLASPHAMOUS HYPOCRITE?.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by oyestephen(m): 3:38am On Feb 19, 2013
The only key to making heaven is being born again, not being a protestant or being a catholic.
2. God is against use of images or bowing to any thing, we are only to bow in reverence to our lord jesus christ, and not his image.
3. We shouldn't classify a denomination as all protestants. There are many other churches which were founded and still remain in the knowledge of christ, but being a church member won't take anyone to heaven but by being born again
4. Its no surprise that there are 'fake' pastors around, the bible said some will come with false doctrines even among the circumscied, so brother, if there is a fake that means there is an original. The key is not to be distracted, and testing all spirits with the word of God. The idea of bowing down to the bible is not in the bible itself. As for the bible being a mediator, hmmm that is also not in my bible.

1 Like

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by ijawkid(m): 7:45am On Feb 19, 2013
Kneeling before a bible is wrong!!!........kneeling before marys image is utter wrong too.......they are all wrong.......let us desist from such jejune and idolatrous practices...........smh!!!!..........
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 9:17am On Feb 19, 2013
Have you finished?

What about kneeling before/to a mountain?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
oyestephen: The only key to making heaven is being born again, not being a protestant or being a catholic.
2. God is against use of images or bowing to any thing, we are only to bow in reverence to our lord jesus christ, and not his image.
3. We shouldn't classify a denomination as all protestants. There are many other churches which were founded and still remain in the knowledge of christ, but being a church member won't take anyone to heaven but by being born again
4. Its no surprise that there are 'fake' pastors around, the bible said some will come with false doctrines even among the circumscied, so brother, if there is a fake that means there is an original. The key is not to be distracted, and testing all spirits with the word of God. The idea of bowing down to the bible is not in the bible itself. As for the bible being a mediator, hmmm that is also not in my bible.
I think you are correct in all you said exccept in No 2. God is not against the use of image, otherwise He would not have ordered the use of the image of a serpent to heal the islealites, or the use of the image of the Cherubins on the Ark of Covenant. What He is against is Idolatry ie the worship of image as in the case of the Golden Calf. God can't be against the use of image and come back to order its use. But it is obvious He is against idolatry since He has not ordered it to be practiced but have punished those who practiced it in the past.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid: Kneeling before a bible is wrong!!!........kneeling before marys image is utter wrong too.......they are all wrong.......let us desist from such jejune and idolatrous practices...........smh!!!!..........
Your Protestant brother said that "Kneeling" before a bible, is not Wrong but rather, it is a Posture or Position for Prayer. Personaly, I think he makes sence. Don't you think he is Right?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Your Protestant brother said that "Kneeling" before a bible, is not Wrong but rather, it is a Posture or Position for Prayer. Personaly, I think he makes sence. Don't you think he is Right?
not ijawkid,
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by holyvirgin: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
italo: Have you finished?

What about kneeling before/to a mountain?
Lord have mercy...
Kneeling before a mountain? Are trying to say they believe the mountain represent God? Worshiping the work of God, and not God himself? Pure idolaters Smh for all this protestants...
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
As a non-denominational Christian, neither catholic nor protestant, let me give you an unbiased reply. grin

Note that Christ might have knelt before a rock or leaned on it while he prayed. Little little grasses must have grown before or around him while he prayed to his God.

He did not use any of these as a point of contact neither did he use them to remember God while he prayed. He worshiped God in spirit and in truth, the same way he instructed us to.

The protestants that revere and use bible as a point of contact are very wrong. Also the Catholics that fiercely worship idol by making image of things in heaven and using it as a point of contact are very wrong.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
Boomark: As a non-denominational Christian, neither catholic nor protestant, let me give you an unbiased reply. grin

Note that Christ might have knelt before a rock or leaned on it while he prayed. Little little grasses must have grown before or around him while he prayed to his God.

He did not use any of these as a point of contact neither did he use them to remember God while he prayed. He worshiped God in spirit and in truth, the same way he instructed us to.

The protestants that revere and use bible as a point of contact are very wrong. Also the Catholics that fiercely worship idol by making image of things in heaven and using it as a point of contact are very wrong.
weytin b "a point of contact"? I usually hear the term when protestants are praying for the 'fruit of the womb".
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by oyestephen(m): 10:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: I think you are correct in all you said exccept in No 2. God is not against the use of image, otherwise He would not have ordered the use of the image of a serpent to heal the islealites, or the use of the image of the Cherubins on the Ark of Covenant. What He is against is Idolatry ie the worship of image as in the case of the Golden Calf. God can't be against the use of image and come back to order its use. But it is obvious He is against idolatry since He has not ordered it to be practiced but have punished those who practiced it in the past.
Bro, lemme explain better. The decree to hang a serpent on a tree is purely symbolic to repesent the lord jesus christ..'John 3:14' even as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lifted up' and their looking up to the serpent for healing is better explained by this 'hebrews 12:2a looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. God uses earthly things to explain supernatural things. Eg God told abraham to sacrifice his only son then provided a lamb as replacement, that lamb symbolises Jesus to take our place on the cross. Noah's ark also symbolises the coming rapture..john 3:12 says 'if I told u earthly things, and you believe not,how shall you believe if I told you heavenly things. The fact that God used noah's ark to explain the rapture, does that mean we should worship the ark If an example is given to us, does that mean we should look at the example more than the exam, d example is just to understand the exam. God is totally against idolatry, remember he was angry when aaron and israel made a golden calf
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 10:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
Boomark: As a non-denominational Christian, neither catholic nor protestant, let me give you an unbiased reply. grin

First I love the way you entered, like the Serpent, not intending any harm. Claiming to be a member of a "NON-DENOMINATION" denomination, Then you promised to give an unbiased reply. Then finaly you did the opposite of what you promise. Please tell me you are not a HYPOCRITE and consequently one of them.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 10:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
oyestephen:
Bro, lemme explain better. The decree to hang a serpent on a tree is purely symbolic to repesent the lord jesus christ..'John 3:14' even as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lifted up' and their looking up to the serpent for healing is better explained by this 'hebrews 12:2a looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. God uses earthly things to explain supernatural things. Eg God told abraham to sacrifice his only son then provided a lamb as replacement, that lamb symbolises Jesus to take our place on the cross. Noah's ark also symbolises the coming rapture..john 3:12 says 'if I told u earthly things, and you believe not,how shall you believe if I told you heavenly things. The fact that God used noah's ark to explain the rapture, does that mean we should worship the ark If an example is given to us, does that mean we should look at the example more than the exam, d example is just to understand the exam. God is totally against idolatry, remember he was angry when aaron and israel made a golden calf
If you actually read my comment well you know that both of us are saying Exactly the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? / Advantage And Disadvantage Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.