Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. (5353 Views)

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. / Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. / Mothers Please Talk To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2013
Gud morning all. My baby is 7 months old today. She has stopped accepting breast milk herself since she is 5 months.I ve tried all i could all she does is cry and push me if i try to. She weighs 5.5kg presently and skinny. My breast now hardly produce milk anymore since she doesnt suck it. What do i do? If she dont breastfeed is there any likely danger? She has since be feeding on NAN 2 and Ogi Baba. (Red Pap) and eats any other thing she sees me eat or i put in her mouth. I am confused as this is not giving me joy at all. How do i get my breast milk pouring so i can extract at least to give her. Pls advice me abeg this is my first issue.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by sexy74(m): 11:52am On Feb 15, 2013
Since she eats other food there is nothing wrong with that.
make sure that what she eats is a balanced diet.
Also try Irish potato with titus fish smashed together thats nice too.

1 Like

Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2013
Thanks sexy. God bless u.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2013
There is no danger madam,your baby quitted bosom milk on her own.What of babies that didn't bosom feed at all nko??Some quit bosom milk at three months and still grow up into very healthy babies.7months is definitely not too young to quit bosom milk.Stop the paranoia and let your baby enjoy the foods she loves,just keep it nutritive enough for her age.Since she is taking other foods,don't bother yourself.Just continue with Abidec multivitamin supplement,all is well with your child.

Self stimulation can help with bosom milk production but that is a tedious task,just let the child be madam.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Byvan. I appreciate u. God bless
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Geomac: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
My elder brother's two kids were not breast fed at all and they are very smart (now 9 and 7 years)
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by greatgod2012(f): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
Your baby is absolutely fine, no problem with her at all, she enjoys d food you pple are eating than d bosom milk you are giving her, you should even be happy, because, you will have opportunity to be more free than when she is still bosom feeding, just make sure d food is highly nutritious and timely. Your baby seems to be more matured than her age, so be happy for her.
Her weight is not affected by her refusal to bosom feed, that is her own body metabolism, she will add more weight in due season, stop worring yourself too much. However, in addition to your effort, you can be preparing soya milk for her, very rich in protein.
May God help us all.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
@ Geomac: Thank u
@ greatgod2012: God will comfort all that pertains ur life. Thanks.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by greatgod2012(f): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mrs Fred: @ Geomac: Thank u
@ greatgod2012: God will comfort all that pertains ur life. Thanks.

amen and you too.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by uhuns: 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
madam @ op

all i can see is that your friends are telling you , that you have problems and you are agreeing.

so long as your kid is eating other food fine, at her age reduce adult food to bear min, try different types of baby milk,

pap,ogi,rice,potato are good in small dose say 20%. use more of baby milk 80%, till 1 yr.always use different type of multi-vitamin regularly.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
uhuns: madam @ op

all i can see is that your friends are telling you , that you have problems and you are agreeing.

so long as your kid is eating other food fine, at her age reduce adult food to bear min, try different types of baby milk,

pap,ogi,rice,potato are good in small dose say 20%. use more of baby milk 80%, till 1 yr.always use different type of multi-vitamin regularly.

This poster is right on track. The biggest contributor to your baby's weight at this age is the formula not the adult foods. Try and give 4 to 6 ounces (120 to 180 ml) about 4 to 6 times a day in addition to solid foods 3 times a day. Mix the formula as directed and don't water it down.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Ruthnkem(f): 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Since she has stopped herself,it does nt matter.just start giving food dat kids take,its called marturity
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by baby124: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

Madam ^ is the thread for you. Plenty good info on there.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
@ Uhuns, Ruthnkem, ileobatojo: God will give solutions to all that u seek from him all the time. I appreciate.
@ baby 123: The thread was very informative. Thanks for d update. God bless.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by star4(f): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hi! Your milk supply is dwindling as babies needs are diminishing. It's supply and demand with breast milk. Well done for feeding her so long. You've given her a great start smiley no harm done just a good mummy and a baby ready to move on. It's better that she weans naturally than if you force her, so good news.

If you want to continue expressing milk drink lots of water and continue eating a well balanced diet yourself. Maybe as you express you could try keeping a picture of your daughter from the days she fed regularly from you. This sounds crazy but it can provoke memory and encourage natural flow of milk supply. You could try expressing small amounts at different intervals and build a supply in your fridge or freezer then give it to her as a drink or use it in cooking. Good luck with it all smiley

1 Like

Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by oluplus(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
God bless.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2013
Mrs Fred: @ Uhuns, Ruthnkem, ileobatojo: God will give solutions to all that u seek from him all the time. I appreciate.
@ baby 123: The thread was very informative. Thanks for d update. God bless.

Amen, and you're welcome.

Just to clarify something, isomil is a type of soy formula. It is mainly for babies who have problems with regular formula like Oluplus' baby did. It is not as nutritious as the normal baby formula's and is not the first choice. Since your baby doesn't have trouble taking regular formula, there is no reason for you to waste extra money buying isomil. The regular baby formula you have is okay. Just make sure you are giving enough like I previously said (if your baby wants more of it, that's okay too), continue till at least 1 year of age. Also continue the solids. God bless.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2013
@ olupus, star and ileobatojo. I strongly believe God will grant all u desire.

Presently she is feeding on NAN 2 which is for babies btw 6 months-12 months. She consumes a whole tin in 3 days. She is very strong and has started crawling as well. Thank u Sirs and Ma.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
ileobatojo:

Amen, and you're welcome.

Just to clarify something, isomil is a type of soy formula. It is mainly for babies who have problems with regular formula like Oluplus' baby did. It is not as nutritious as the normal baby formula's and is not the first choice. Since your baby doesn't have trouble taking regular formula, there is no reason for you to waste extra money buying isomil. The regular baby formula you have is okay. Just make sure you are giving enough like I previously said (if your baby wants more of it, that's okay too), continue till at least 1 year of age. Also continue the solids. God bless.

Really?
I started feeding my baby Isomil initially because she wouldn't take the usual formula(SMA), but I didn't think it was any different from SMA!
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ujujoan:

Really?
I started feeding my baby Isomil initially because she wouldn't take the usual formula(SMA), but I didn't think it was any different from SMA!

It works just fine if that's what your baby will take but it's not as nutritious as cow milk formulas. That's why it's generally not the go to formula of choice. The protein is not as nutritious. Also it lacks lactose which is good for the intestines as long as one is not lactose intolerant. Basically it's okay but the cows milk is the better option. It's closer to breast milk than soy.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2013
^^ Oh . . ok.
tnx for the info!
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by Warfibabe(f): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
op,
y not start her on solids of diff varieties.. my son is one year old and eats evrrything we eat.. starch and pounded yam included. we started him quite early though (4mons) with friso.gold rice, then added wheat around six mons. same time i added beans fish beverages indomie and eggs to his diet. he also loves fruits like bananas and oranges a lot..
you could start your baby with other varieties like the ones i mentioned. maybe your daughter is like my son who gets completely borrd with eating only one type of food after 3 days.
Re: Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. by MrsFred(f): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2013
@ Warfibabe, as proudly said warri no dey carry last. I appreciate ur information. Nice day.

(1) (Reply)

2-months Old Baby's Hair Has Become An Internet Sensation. (photos) / Any Relaxation Spot/ Recreational Center In Ijebu Area? / My Husband Had A One Night Stand And The Girl Had A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.