Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,427 members, 7,800,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19895 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Otolorin4real(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
IMO, praises and prayers dont fail, sometimes its manifestations may be delayed or prolly you dont have enough faith. well i think it will be more appropriate to seek spiritual guidance from your priest or pastor as d case may be

30 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Go to the herbalist

5 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Otolorin4real :
[Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem tobe positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

Good afternoon Oto,

Do you honestly believe that prayer fails?

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by poopli: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Good afternoon Oto,

Do you honestly believe that prayer fails?

yes. before I became an agnostic I prayed for a simple thing which never happened. I think god is an excuse, deism is the way.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
poopli:

yes. before I became an agnostic I prayed for a simple thing which never happened. I think god is an excuse, deism is the way.

Good day Poo,

God is an excuse for what exactly? Do you have any idea how prayer works?

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by poopli: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Good day Poo,

this is what am asking in my other post

tell me what you know about prayer, how does it work

god is an excuse for people's fear, expectations and laziness

4 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
poopli:
this is what am asking in my other post

tell me what you know about prayer, how does it work

god is an excuse for people's fear, expectations and laziness

Sentiments!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by poopli: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Sentiments!

saying prayer works is also sentiments. you have to support your views.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by OmoAlata(f): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Otolorin4real :
[Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem tobe positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

You need to find out things in your foundation. I'll give you an example which will probably be pooh-poohed by some eejits on here but here goes anyway since you desire to know.

A brother was going through a similar dilemma. Nothing seemed to be working for him so he decided to trace his family history. He went to ask his last oldest living relative about his grandparents. The old man told him that his grandfather was a very powerful man. He said he used..........(I don't know whether to continue this on here).

Anyway, in a nutshell, the brother went for deliverance, he asked for forgiveness for all what his forefathers had done which was now affecting him and broke the bondage. That is how he was set free.

If a family is wealthy, and children can inherit wealth, why can't children inherit curses? Food for thought.

God will set you free.

18 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by frank317: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Good day Poo,

How does prayer work? Pls can u xplain?

Well, this is how I see it. Some people pray and some don't. Both good and bad things happens to people who pray and people who don't. However, those who pray blame their prayers for good things that happens to them while they blame the devil for bad things. But people who don't pray just attribute good life events to their hardwork or luck. U see the difference here is who or what u attribute good outcome life events to.

If u pray and believe that it will work, u will find out that whenever ur desired result is acheived u will attribute it to ur prayer despite ur hard work and despite the time it happens.

But even after praying and hardwork ur desired result is not acheived u give excuse for ur prayer because u can't afford to have a doubt for ur belief. Such excuses include, maybe u didn't have much faith, Gods time is the best, perhaps ur prayd wrongly, etc.
At the end of the day life shiit happens to everybody. Some people are luckier than others, some are sharper(more intelligent or wiser) than others, some work harder. But wit or witout prayer, life happens and the believe in prayer is just an illisionary comfort zone.

17 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by poopli: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Omo Alata:

You need to find out things in your foundation. I'll give you an example which will probably be pooh-poohed by some eejits on here but here goes anyway since you desire to know.

A brother was going through a similar dilemma. Nothing seemed to be working for him so he decided to trace his family history. He went to ask his last oldest living relative about his grandparents. The old man told him that his grandfather was a very powerful man. He said he used..........(I don't know whether to continue this on here).

Anyway, in a nutshell, the brother went for deliverance, he asked for forgiveness for all what his forefathers had done which was now affecting him and broke the bondage. That is how he was set free.

If a family is wealthy, and children can inherit wealth, why can't children inherit curses? Food for thought.

God will set you free.

do you believe in fairy tales?

4 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
frank3.16:

Well, this is how I see it. Some people pray and some don't. Both good and bad things happens to people who pray and people who don't. However, those who pray blame their prayers for good things that happens to them while they blame the devil for bad things. But people who don't pray just attribute good life events to their hardwork or luck. U see the difference here is who or what u attribute good outcome life events to.

If u pray and believe that it will work, u will find out that whenever ur desired result is acheived u will attribute it to ur prayer despite ur hard work and despite the time it happens.

But even after praying and hardwork ur desired result is not acheived u give excuse for ur prayer because u can't afford to have a doubt for ur belief. Such excuses include, maybe u didn't have much faith, Gods time is the best, perhaps ur prayd wrongly, etc.
At the end of the day life shiit happens to everybody. Some people are luckier than others, some are sharper(more intelligent or wiser) than others, some work harder. But wit or witout prayer, life happens and the believe in prayer is just an illisionary comfort zone.

Good evening frank,

I agree with most of what you posted but the conclusion does not follow and is purely your opinion on the matter.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by poopli: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
even the bible say faith without work is dead

prayer+hardwork- success

hardwork-prayer- success

prayer only- failure

hatdwork only- success

THEREFORE PRAYER IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.

6 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by frank317: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening frank,

I agree with most of what you posted but the conclusion does not follow and is purely your opinion on the matter.

Why did u say the comclusion does not follow? Why did u disagree with my conclusion? Let me hear u out.

And again if u think its purely my opinion that does not make it wrong. After all my mission is to let u see my opinion, think about it and decide if it makes sense or not. U don't just shove it away becos its my opinion even if it makes sense.

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
frank3.16:

Why did u say the comclusion does not follow? Why did u disagree with my conclusion? Let me hear u out.

And again if u think its purely my opinion that does not make it wrong. After all my mission is to let u see my opinion, think about it and decide if it makes sense or not. U don't just shove it away becos its my opinion even if it makes sense.

Well frank,

It's impractical to derive an objective conclusion from a subjective premise. Opinions are rather subjective and it matters not whether they make sense or not. You can argue your case out and make sense from the argument but considering that there is no objective evidence therein it is impossible for an independent observer to validate whatever claim(s) or counter claim(s) you might have made.

I can as well give my own thoughts on the matter which will also make sense but in the overall analysis, it would come down to it being my own opinion on the matter and anyone can as well reject it cause it would be subjective. The best we can do is accept only what appeals most to our subjectivity and as a fallout accept what makes the most sense and meaning to us.

So frank unless you back up your analysis with with verifiable evidence, the best you can get is an opinion which anyone can reject if he decides to.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by God2man(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
My brother, prayer cannot fail, it may be you are praying the wrong prayer to address your problem. For example, if you are suppose to pray prayer point on deliverance, you are praying on prosperity, it may become a useless prayer. Prayer is a wide topic.

Anyway, check this thread, it may help, www.nairaland.com/1190851/demystifying-prayer-royal-telephone-module

God bless you.

God2man.

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by GraceBestowed(f): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
I'm diving in with an answer, I haven't even seen others' responses!

When you feel as though you've done all you can, START THANKING him for doing what it is you're asking; this will confuse the enemy, and move the hand of God! The greatest form of warfare is to be still in the Lord, because it shows that we are 100% dependent on Him. If you're expecting a child, start saying God, thank You for Mary, Joseph, and Charlie (your childrens' names); if you're waiting on admission, start saying God, thank You for allowing me to graduate with a first class degree; if you're waiting to get married, say God, thank you for my amazing wedding day, you get the drift! Please, whatever you do, live right in His sight, so that the enemy does not accuse you, and don't doubt God, always have faith, even if it's as small as a mustard seed!

Nothing moves God more than a heart of thanksgiving!!

Remember to give Him thanks, in everything!
All His Love!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Candour(m): 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
frank3.16:

hmmmm.......food for thought.

Bill Gates an atheist very rich.Oyedepo a christian very rich.Dangote a muslim very rich.all 3 with vastly different beliefs but one thing in common;a burning desire to succeed and readiness to fight for it.could that be the key or maybe they were just plain lucky? you might never know.

You see,i am a christian and i believe we are asked to pray(which is more like gisting with your father than asking your school master for all the supplies you need for the term) however what makes a christian's experience different than others is the eternity factor.Only then can it make sense(though to the atheist,that is the begining of senselessness but it's their opinion right? grin)

weather answers come or not or are delayed, we are asked to pray.Eccl 9:11 sums up our experience on earth here and it holds true for a muslim,an atheist or a christian.

''I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill;but time and chance happeneth to them all''

Always remember, 'no situation is as bad as it seems'.Dont let worry kill you before your time and chance come.maybe you need to dig in and fight the battle that seems overwhelming and you'll get your answer but then how much do i know?

@OP, i wish you the best

9 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by frank317: 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Well frank,

It's impractical to derive an objective conclusion from a subjective premise. Opinions are rather subjective and it matters not whether they make sense or not. You can argue your case out and make sense from the argument but considering that there is no objective evidence therein it is impossible for an independent observer to validate whatever claim(s) or counter claim(s) you might have made.

I can as well give my own thoughts on the matter which will also make sense but in the overall analysis, it would come down to it being my own opinion on the matter and anyone can as well reject it cause it would be subjective. The best we can do is accept only what appeals most to our subjectivity and as a fallout accept what makes the most sense and meaning to us.

So frank unless you back up your analysis with with verifiable evidence, the best you can get is an opinion which anyone can reject if he decides to.

Thanks!

Well, what evidence do u need? Look around u and if what I am saying does not make sense u let me know. Do u know anybody who does not pray? Does good thing happen to him? Do u know anyone why u feel sure prays with his heart? Does he always get what he wants?

U see, belief is a strong mind controler and a determinant of behaviour.

U see, my fear for some people who are so dogmatic in their belif is that when they finnally do not get their answers and really see that they have prayed the best way they can and yet they didn't get the answer(this happens always and u can't deny it) they lose it. Some end up blaming the God they have served for years, some become neurotic, some become agressive etc.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by frank317: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
striktlymi:

Well frank,

Thanks!

Well, what evidence do u need? Look around u and if what I am saying does not make sense u let me know. Do u know anybody who does not pray? Does good thing happen to him? Do u know anyone why u feel sure prays with his heart? Does he always get what he wants?

U see, belief is a strong mind controler and a determinant of behaviour.

U see, my fear for some people who are so dogmatic in their belif is that when they finnally do not get their answers and really see that they have prayed the best way they can and yet they didn't get the answer(this happens always and u can't deny it) they lose it. Some end up blaming the God they have served for years, some become neurotic, some become agressive etc.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by enilove(m): 1:20am On Feb 16, 2013
Omo Alata:

God will set you free.

It happened to me too. In 1999, the problems of life almost swallowed me,I thank God that I listened to the advice of a woman family friend, who told me to go for deliverance.

I used to fast prayed and I had faith in God, but d problems just could not go. About a day or two after the 3 days dry fasting and prayers, I started experiencing victories my dreams. Few weeks later, I got a job ,and I was able to complete my HND,which had been abandoned 4 years before then.

Spiritual battles have levels.Some need dry fast with prayers and total holyness b4 they can go.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by OmoAlata(f): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2013
That's what I'm talking about enilove. Thank God for your deliverance smiley

Unlike some eejit above asking me if I believe in fairy tales lipsrsealed
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by manmustwac(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2013
Prayers don't work infact prayers never work because luck chance coincidence or hardwork are all attributed to prayers by the religious

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by bencomfav: 6:00am On Feb 18, 2013
Wats your location exactly
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Popowaa: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2013
Den u fast in addition
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by seyibrown(f): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
poopli:

even the bible say faith without work is dead

prayer+hardwork- success

hardwork-prayer- success

prayer only- failure

hatdwork only- success

THEREFORE PRAYER IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.

Rubbish at the bolded! Everyone who works hard becomes successful? On which planet do you live? grin grin If Hardwork made people successful, the poorest nations in the world today would be the richest!

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by seyibrown(f): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :

Prayer & Praise never fails, you may just need to wait patiently to see the answer to your prayer. Persevere in your prayer and praise, and hard work. Go for deliverance if need be, as has been advised by some posters.

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
It has never failed me till this day..

My God is forever faithful!!

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by BarryX(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
More praises and prayers till it works with Faith backing

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
Run 4 my life undecided
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
Interesting thread....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.