Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:08 PM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19844 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
dokkyelele: Actually they don't fail....but incase in ur case they do then thank God for that cos everything works together for our good.

It's because of people like you that local herbalists were very successful back in the day.

Even now as ur eyes don open small you say you must still chook head inside sand like ostrich .
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
tefund: meet a prophet
Yes, at times like this you need to hear the voice of the lord if you can make time to be alone with Godd and your username reminds of I family I knew back in FBC Olowu street,Ikeja. t is well with you never stop trusting God no matter how things are, because prayer nver fails remember habakuk 2vs3 the vision is for an appointed time....... and if you couple that with Luke18 vs 1,you will receive your expectation. Psalm 37vs25 says: I have been young but now am old,yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: I'm diving in with an answer, I haven't even seen others' responses!

When you feel as though you've done all you can, START THANKING him for doing what it is you're asking; this will confuse the enemy, and move the hand of God! The greatest form of warfare is to be still in the Lord, because it shows that we are 100% dependent on Him. If you're expecting a child, start saying God, thank You for Mary, Joseph, and Charlie (your childrens' names); if you're waiting on admission, start saying God, thank You for allowing me to graduate with a first class degree; if you're waiting to get married, say God, thank you for my amazing wedding day, you get the drift! Please, whatever you do, live right in His sight, so that the enemy does not accuse you, and don't doubt God, always have faith, even if it's as small as a mustard seed!

Nothing moves God more than a heart of thanksgiving!!

Remember to give Him thanks, in everything!
All His Love!
Thank you jare! Learn to speak and prophecy to your life....that's all! Pst.Chris would say "Don't stop talking it...keep saying it"
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tcubed03: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Well, there are so many things we didn't pray about or ask God that He did and we are glad about it,sometimes we think its just normal, but when we ask Him for some things and it seems like the answer is not forthcoming we forget about all that He has done for us without asking Him.
@op keep on trusting in God, if it is will and at the right time He will answer you.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Orikinla(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=48pt]Don't lose faith.[/size]
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by dbride: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
After all that, then TRUST God. Sometimes God wants us to learn how to TRUST Him and that explains the delay. Remember He sees the heart. If you trust God, you do not panic or ask the question you just asked. Trust in God brings peace, confidence, hope. Anxiety, confusion all are signs of lack of trust. God does not care how long it delays answer to prayers just to teach you to TRUST Him.

When God wants to use you, or reveal more of Himself, or take you to another level of faith, you MUST learn to trust Him. Delay in the MANIFESTATION (not answering) of your request trains you to trust Him if you are really into Him, otherwise you run helter skelter meaning you were never for Him in the first place.

Delay could also mean your request is not His will for you. Whatever happens TRUST TRUST TRUST is the key word. Abraham obeyed and TRUSTED God and he became God's friend
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Wallie(m): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
Let’s look at this logically -

1. Determination to succeed + faith + fate = Will most likely lead to success
2. Determination to succeed + fate = Will most likely lead to success
3. Fate by itself = Will most likely lead to success and is similar to winning the lottery

4. Determination to succeed + faith = Will sometimes lead to success
5. Determination to succeed = Will sometimes lead to success

6. Faith by itself = Will rarely lead to success

In all the different variables listed above, “fate” is out of your control as there’s nothing you can do about it. However, you have full control of your “determination to succeed” and “faith”.

Prayer is something that cannot be proven or disproven but given the fact that it gives you hope for a better tomorrow and adds another variable to your control, it makes more sense to pray than not to pray.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by donbazini: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
Be patient always with d lord, the patient dog always eat d fatest bone, those who wait on D lord no matter what will be rewarded.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stankezzy: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
God2man: My brother, prayer cannot fail, it may be you are praying the wrong prayer to address your problem. For example, if you are suppose to pray prayer point on deliverance, you are praying on prosperity, it may become a useless prayer. Prayer is a wide topic.

Anyway, check this thread, it may help, www.nairaland.com/1190851/demystifying-prayer-royal-telephone-module

God bless you.

God2man.
my brother you ve spoken well.prayers do not fail.let me ask him a question-can you shoot an elephant down with catapult.or can u use stone to throw down an aeroplane.definitly no.bigger problems are confronted by bigger forces.nd bigger forces come from persons with higher calling,more obidient to God or just a chosen one.from the bible why is it that when things become difficult for the apostles,they will look for peter or paul,are they not all apostles? or in old testernment why was elisha seeking for double portion anointing from elijah.is God not open to anybody?the answer is that he knows that ,elijah have a higher calling,moses have a higher calling,even paul,peter.our own Pa Adeboye have a higher calling.if u doubt go nd read about his history.so finalley people with higher calling are given to us for higher problems.look for one.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
poopli:

even the bible say faith without work is dead

prayer+hardwork- success

hardwork-prayer- success

prayer only- failure

hatdwork only- success

THEREFORE PRAYER IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.

And excuse me.
Who told you that hardwork alone leads to success?
Berre wake up from ur slumber and forget the statement 'the reward for hardwork is success' (I don't know who even invented this statement gan). Hardwork (though very necessary) alone, does not guarantee success. That statement should rather be 'hardwork is one pre-requisite to success'. Hardwork combined with other factors is what guarantees success. Do u know the number of Nigerians who would have been millionaires and trillionaires if na by just hardwork? Abi u never see people wey work for 50years of their lives wey no get biro to show for am?

Tah! Make I hear word!
Sabi sabi!
undecided
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stineb1: 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
ayswags: Go to the herbalist
The wrongest suggestion from the wrongest person
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by pekelepekele(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayers don't fail but it will if you are asking for the right thing at the wrong time . Just like A jss3 student fasting and praying to buy hummer jeep who will answer is prayer in heaven?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by lekejob(m): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
That is when patient comes in. WAIT ON THE LORD. HE WILL DO IT.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by JamesLucia: 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
God answers prayer in 3 ways

1 yes take it
2 no its not good for u
3 wait its not yet time.
all u need to do is ' be still n know that i am God' does says d Bible.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sammmiey1: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
enilove:

It happened to me too. In 1999, the problems of life almost swallowed me,I thank God that I listened to the advice of a woman family friend, who told me to go for deliverance.

I used to fast prayed and I had faith in God, but d problems just could not go. About a day or two after the 3 days dry fasting and prayers, I started experiencing victories my dreams. Few weeks later, I got a job ,and I was able to complete my HND,which had been abandoned 4 years before then.

Spiritual battles have levels.Some need dry fast with prayers and total holyness b4 they can go.

Thanks.
You mean u did not drink water al tru the 3day dry fastingI need God's intervention in my life,I'm in a dilemma dnt knw wc way 2go,nothin seems workin ryt regardless of my prayer&praise as asserted by d op!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
poopli:

even the bible say faith without work is dead

prayer+hardwork- success

hardwork-prayer- success

prayer only- failure

hatdwork only- success

THEREFORE PRAYER IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.
Does hardwork ALWAYS guarantee success? When you pray to God, you give Him all your worries and cares and He gives you peace that the human mind can't explain. You are assured that in due time, God's plan for you would unfold. Prayer is different from complaining or murmuring. Have you seen a woman who lost her kids consoling the sympathizers? You have seen a woman who has strong Faith in God which is developed in the place of prayer, praise and study. PRAYER WORKS!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sweetrace(f): 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
@ Op, do you praise God so that He can work in your life? I've heard that preached a lot of times and I think it reeks of sycophancy. How would you like it if someone praises you for what they can get out of you? Can you not just praise God cos you genuinely appreciate Him? You sound like you're going through a hard time at the moment, and I'm sorry about that. But my candid advice is to have a sincere relationship with God. Prayer is just an avenue to converse with God. Tell Him what you want and listen to him. Trust that He hears you and you'll get an answer. Waiting isn't easy, but can't be skipped. Sometimes, the waiting period is so brief, and at other times the waiting can try ones patience. But keep on trusting.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by 4tunebest(f): 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
Search yourself thoroughly. Do you harbor unforgiveness or bitterness against anyone in your heart?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by fm7070: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
Check the following
* Your Past: There could be a restitution you need to make
* Your obedience to God and His words
* Your character: Lies, Malice, bitterness, anger is terrible
* The motive and purpose of your prayer/praise
If prayer fails, sincere and quality praise cannot fail
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stineb1: 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
poopli:
this is what am asking in my other post

tell me what you know about prayer, how does it work

god is an excuse for people's fear, expectations and laziness
I am very sure you don't know what Grace means.Go and read Ecclesistes 9:11
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by juliuskay(m): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Friend Prayers and fasting work every well. What u need is faith, put ur faith to work and stop doughting mk 9v23. But u pray and fast u must believe dat God has answer ur prayer. U can meet men of God to put u through. U are blessed.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sweetrace(f): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Omo Alata:

You need to find out things in your foundation. I'll give you an example which will probably be pooh-poohed by some eejits on here but here goes anyway since you desire to know.

A brother was going through a similar dilemma. Nothing seemed to be working for him so he decided to trace his family history. He went to ask his last oldest living relative about his grandparents. The old man told him that his grandfather was a very powerful man. He said he used..........(I don't know whether to continue this on here).

Anyway, in a nutshell, the brother went for deliverance, he asked for forgiveness for all what his forefathers had done which was now affecting him and broke the bondage. That is how he was set free.

If a family is wealthy, and children can inherit wealth, why can't children inherit curses? Food for thought.

God will set you free.
This such a popular preaching in Nigerian churches and contrary to God's word.

Ezekiel 18: 19 "Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Moreover, If one has Jesus as Lord and savior, how can a curse work in that person's life?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by andyzoga: 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
It is written concerning you, if U̶̲̥̅̊'re truly born-again. . ."It shall be well with the righteous" and d scriptures can not be broken. So, if nothing is happening to ur Prayers n praises, then check urself bro. Shallom.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayers and praised can never fail, cos that is one invitation that God can't and wont refuse. . . But sometimes, we want it NOW and God knows that it is yet not time for us to get it, cos He sees the end before the start started, and remember that we are the one that defines time, He is not bound by time.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by stello(f): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
after you've prayed and fasted and nothing seems to be happening just TRUST him because delay is not denial and he will surely come through for you.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
when prayer and praise failed, try worship.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by eros(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
Whoever you are, I want to reassure you that Praises and prayers never fail. Rather you are the one not saying the right prayers and doing the right thing. I have been in the exact same situation you are in right now and I thought God had failed me or was mad at me.

And just when I was about to give it all up and turn to the devil, God showed up and made me realize, He was always there all the time, but I never see or heard Him talking to me, because I wanted Him to do things my way, rather than His way.

Whatever you are going through, RELAX, THINK BACK HOW YOU GOT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. THEN HANDS OFF AND HAND IT ALL TO GOD. PRAY AND PRAISE HIM WITH UNDERSTANDING, LISTEN MORE AND TALK LESS AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU STUCK TO GOD AND NOT MAN.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
stello: after you've prayed and fasted and nothing seems to be happening just TRUST him because delay is not denial and he will surely come through for you.

I love that
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Dominionhost(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Both can never fail...Praise more and pray continually.
All will be well in Jesus Christ name
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
Sow a seed of faith..it works
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by onyekabe(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
frank3.16:

Well, what evidence do u need? Look around u and if what I am saying does not make sense u let me know. Do u know anybody who does not pray? Does good thing happen to him? Do u know anyone why u feel sure prays with his heart? Does he always get what he wants?

U see, belief is a strong mind controler and a determinant of behaviour.

U see, my fear for some people who are so dogmatic in their belif is that when they finnally do not get their answers and really see that they have prayed the best way they can and yet they didn't get the answer(this happens always and u can't deny it) they lose it. Some end up blaming the God they have served for years, some become neurotic, some become agressive etc.

you have said it all. I stop believing God when non of my payers was answedred. As a kid Prayed to be very intelligent, coupled with hardwork at the end i was just like any other kid that worked hard, in university days i cant open my book without prayer, yet i was not the best, after graduation I also prayed for good job yet no answer until i decide to disbelieve in any deity or God. but today I an a successful biz man. Without God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.