Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand (13503 Views)

Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / 30 Killed, While 20 Other Seriously Injured In Plateau, Jos. / Shame Of Lagos: Pupil Dies After Falling Into School Pit Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Olateef(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tragedy struck in front of Lafenwa Comprehensive High School, Ota, Ogun State, last Thursday, when a 15-year-old pupil, Miss Kemi Obanla, was crushed to death by a truck driver.

It was learnt that Kemi was killed while running errands for her class teacher.

It was alleged that the teacher had asked Kemi to go and buy cooked ‘ofada’ rice for her around 10am on the day.

An eyewitness, who craved anonymity, said the SS1 pupil was knocked down by a truck while crossing the road.

He said Kemi died while she was being rushed to the hospital.

“The girl was knocked down when she was crossing the road. After hitting her, the driver of the vehicle attempted to escape but the youths around apprehended him.

“It was when the girl was being taken to the hospital that she died. When we inquired where she was going at that time, we were told her teacher, whose name was not given, sent her to buy ofada rice for her.”

The father of the deceased, Mr. Peter Obanla, said the death of his daughter, dealt a devastating blow to the family.

He said when the girl left their Ajegunle Close, off Mefun Road, Ota, home, she was full of life.

Obanla said about two hours after his daughter left for school, someone informed him that she was involved in a fatal accident.

He said, “The accident happened on Ahmaddiya Road, Ota. By the time I got there, I learnt that they had taken her to an hospital. She died on the way to the hospital.

“Since then, we are yet to come to terms with the fact that that she is dead. I still cannot believe it. Kemi was very industrious, respectful and brilliant. Her death has dealt a blow to us.”

Obanla, who works with Dangote Group of Companies as a driver in Ibeshe Plant, said the school was shielding the teacher.

“It is only the Principal of the school that has been showing up. We do not know the teacher that sent my daughter on an errand. Though many teachers from the school have been coming to our house, we do not know who among them sent her on errand on that fateful day.

“The driver that killed her and the school authorities have been begging me to drop the case. They said what happened was the will of God.”

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer, Ogun Police Command, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, promised to get the details of the incident.

However, as of the time of going to the press, he did not get back to our correspondent.

Subsequent efforts to speak with him were not successful as his phone rang out many times without him picking it. http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/truck-crushes-15-year-old-pupil-while-on-teachers-errand/

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Kaxmytex(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
See dis yeye teacher o....
She no chop b4 kumin 2 school? Abi which kynd fud wey she wan chop around 10am...na breakfast abi na lunch?

Dis world sef
I pray God grant her parents d fortitude 2 bear d loss

2 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
O.lateef:
Tragedy struck in front of Lafenwa Comprehensive High School, Ota, Ogun State, last Thursday, when a 15-year-old pupil, Miss Kemi Obanla, was crushed to death by a truck driver.

It was alleged that the teacher had asked Kemi to go and buy cooked ‘ofada’ rice for her around 10am on the day.

An eyewitness, who craved anonymity, said the SS1 pupil was knocked down by a truck while crossing the road.

“The girl was knocked down when she was crossing the road. After hitting her, the driver of the vehicle attempted to escape but the youths around apprehended him.

“It was when the girl was being taken to the hospital that she died. When we inquired where she was going at that time, we were told her teacher, whose name was not given, sent her to buy ofada rice for her.”

The father of the deceased, Mr. Peter Obanla, said the death of his daughter, dealt a devastating blow to the family.

He said when the girl left their Ajegunle Close, off Mefun Road, Ota, home, she was full of life.

Obanla said about two hours after his daughter left for school, someone informed him that she was involved in a fatal accident.

He said, “The accident happened on Ahmaddiya Road, Ota. By the time I got there, I learnt that they had taken her to an hospital. She died on the way to the hospital.

“Since then, we are yet to come to terms with the fact that that she is dead. I still cannot believe it. Kemi was very industrious, respectful and brilliant. Her death has dealt a blow to us.”

Obanla, who works with Dangote Group of Companies as a driver in Ibeshe Plant, said the school was shielding the teacher.

“It is only the Principal of the school that has been showing up. We do not know the teacher that sent my daughter on an errand. Though many teachers from the school have been coming to our house, we do not know who among them sent her on errand on that fateful day.

“The driver that killed her and the school authorities have been begging me to drop the case. They said what happened was the will of God.”

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer, Ogun Police Command, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, promised to get the details of the incident.

However, as of the time of going to the press, he did not get back to our correspondent.

Subsequent efforts to speak with him were not successful as his phone rang out many times without him picking it. http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/truck-crushes-15-year-old-pupil-while-on-teachers-errand/
whichever god has this as his will is definitely a crackhead and deserves a firing squad.justice must be done
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kai! Eyaa...may we never bury our own children. Let the reverse be the case, IJN.

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
so sad...... I can imagine the agony the class teacher is going through!! The whole weight of guilt 'll forever remain in his/her heart!!!!
I hope we never find ourselves in such a situation:.... AMEN!!

23 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: Kai! Eyaa...may we never bury our own children. Let the reverse be the case, IJN.
am sure this girls parents prayed this same prayer.jesus is either too busy to listen or is preparing hell fire for his unfaithful followers.

the teacher should be disciplined and the driver should face the full wrath of the law if found culpable.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by huninaija(f): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
Such terrible news.. The teacher needs to be apprehended and questioned? Did the father of the deceased pay school fees for his daughter to be running errands like a slave?

Shameful! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by iamswizz(m): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
O.lateef:

7th
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by jjcena(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
God forgiv u 4 saying it is the wil of God cos thats a false accusation.Because he allowed it to happen doesnt mean he is the cause
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by TableLeg(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Tragic... bullshit reeks out of every nooks and crannies of that country called Nigeria, it smacks disbelief ...
I dont understand why the poor kid had to be sent on a bloody errand when the purpose of her in the school, in the first place, was to acquire education!
Some hungry as...shole of a tosser parading as a teacher does not have any bloody rights to send students on errands!
And the fu....cking basta.rd of a driver attempted to leg it too? SMH ... Where is your heart at?!
Unprofessionalism and out of order practises has to come to an end in that Country!
It is about time .....
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita: am sure this girls parents prayed this same prayer.jesus is either too busy to listen or is preparing hell fire for his unfaithful followers.
Coming from an atheist,i guess. Jesus is never too busy.Why it happened is best known to Him & we won't stop praying 4 His protection.

the teacher should be disciplined and the driver should face the full wrath of the law if found culpable.
Ditto.I agree with u on this.

2 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
jjcena: God forgiv u 4 saying it is the wil of God cos thats a false accusation.Because he allowed it to happen doesnt mean he is the cause
what does this even mean?he allowed it to happen but he is not the cause?god must be on weed if thats the way he operates

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by ITbomb(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
So make teacher no dey send small pikin errand again?
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita:

Haba!!! You might be in the teacher's shoe one day.... The teacher just sent her on an errand!! If the teacher knew she'll die in the process,i dont think she would have still sent her on the errand
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Mojasi(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita: am sure this girls parents prayed this same prayer.jesus is either too busy to listen or is preparing hell fire for his unfaithful followers.

you no well at all

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: Coming from an atheist,i guess. Jesus is never too busy.Why it happened is best known to Him & we won't stop praying 4 His protection.

Ditto.I agree with u on this.
of what use is it to pray for his protection if he still allows stuff like this to happen for "reasons best known to him"?
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Series22(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
like i said, mine is..
AUNTY MARGIES NUR. & PRI SCH, MKD
M.S.G. MKD.
ANSU, ULI

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
Series22: like i said, mine is..
AUNTY MARGIES NUR. & PRI SCH, MKD
M.S.G. MKD.
ANSU, ULI
are you sickk?
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by mysticgal(f): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
the teacher go born pikin.now what gain is to be derived from the ofada
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb: So make teacher no dey send small pikin errand again?
and in a case where the teacher sends the kid to her death?teachers in government schools see the students as slaves.can the teacher try that in a private school where the parents pay a huge sum as school fees?
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by theripper3: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm, just some weeks back,a trailer crushed about 14 pple around IyanA area. Dem suppose create special path for trailers, tippers and heavy duty trucks for that Sango, Oju ore and iyana area. Anyways, may the girl rest RIP and justice be served
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by YorubaOmoge: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
[size=28pt]“The driver that killed her and the school authorities have been begging me to drop the case. They said what happened was the will of God.”[/size]

Are they mad?!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
iamswizz: 7th

Wrong calculation mofo you gonna be second to die.

Rip lil miss. My prayers goes to her family. As for the teacher lipsrsealed

This kid was sent to school to study not to be mothered or slaved by a stranger in the name of school teacher.

God bless the United States of America

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Oahray: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
Why do they keep calling things like this the will of God? If the lazy teacher had eaten at home before coming or at least gone to buy it herself, this wouldn't have happened. angry
Her dad should sue their asses!
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita: and in a case where the teacher sends the kid to her death?teachers in government schools see the students as slaves.can the teacher try that in a private school where the parents pay a huge sum as school fees?

i dont think it is a crime for a teacher to send his/her student!! Even in Private schools,teachers send their students

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by creativemusic: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita:
of what use is it to pray for his protection if he still allows stuff like this to happen for "reasons best known to him"?
Personally,i pray and God answers it just the way i prayed it. I've had accidents,at home,with a car...i've been crossing roads b4,i've been in dangerous places b4 and i'm still alive and strong to tell the tale. God Protects.
You can't be sure the deceased family are fervent in prayers.
So,quit the argument and believe what you choose to.

4 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by YorubaOmoge: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Table Leg :
Tragic... bullshit reeks out of every nooks and crannies of that country called Nigeria, it smacks disbelief ...
I dont understand why the poor kid had to be sent on a bloody errand when the purpose of her in the school, in the first place, was to acquire education!
Some hungry as...shole of a tosser parading as a teacher does not have any bloody rights to send students on errands!
And the fu....cking basta.rd of a driver attempted to leg it too? SMH ... Where is your heart at?!
Unprofessionalism and out of order practises has to come to an end in that Country!
It is about time .....

Exactly.

It's illegal!

Students should go to school to learn not to be sent out of school in harm's way.

The useless teacher didn't each think of kidnappers and child molesters.

May his/her god(s) punish him/her
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
homesteady:

i dont think it is a crime for a teacher to send his/her student!! Even in Private schools,teachers send their students

Really? You don't see anything wrong in that? Wow!

The only errand my teacher should send me is to go wait for her in her office for sex.

She ain't my mother!
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by great063(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2013

Nice point on discipline and justice.Jesus is neither a cynic nor a monster.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by great063(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2013

Nice point on discipline and justice.Jesus is neither a cynic nor a monster.Don't make Him look like one.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by YorubaOmoge: 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
REALITY101:

Really? You don't see anything wrong in that? Wow!

The only errand my teacher should send me is to go wait for her in her office for sex.

She ain't my mother!

I think the edioot is a teacher and prolly sends innocent kids, who goes to school to learn, for biscuit errands.

Shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does "Boxing Day" Mean? / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.