Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand (13501 Views)

Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / 30 Killed, While 20 Other Seriously Injured In Plateau, Jos. / Shame Of Lagos: Pupil Dies After Falling Into School Pit Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Crown128(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
iamswizz: 7th
show sign of respect for the dead. It's high time you grow up!

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by shadyJ: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Like seriously, dude? You quoted the whole article about a young girl's unfortunate death just to claim position on an online forum? Really?smh.. Get a life, idiot, and do it quick too.. You need it. Fool.
RIP to the young girl

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: Personally,i pray and God answers it just the way i prayed it. I've had accidents,at home,with a car...i've been crossing roads b4,i've been in dangerous places b4 and i'm still alive and strong to tell the tale. God Protects.
You can't be sure the deceased family are fervent in prayers.
So,quit the argument and believe what you choose to.
what rubbish is this?so she died because her family werent fervent in prayers?are you high on crack?people have accidents and they survive.those people could either be christians,muslims,buddhist,taoist,atheist,mormons or even terrorists.surviving danger isnt the exclusive preserve of the religious
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
homesteady:

i dont think it is a crime for a teacher to send his/her student!! Even in Private schools,teachers send their students
you must be a teacher and an ignorant one at that to say there's nothing wrong in sending students on errands.any teacher that dares send my kid on an errand in school will face the consequences
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
So it is the will of God for a student who is supposed to be studying during school hours to be knocked down and killed by a dirty trailer driven by a heartless driver (who wanted to escape) and flung like a rag doll into the dirty street like a used rag

This their god is very wicked and heartless o. cry cry cry cry cry

Her father is a Dangote truck driver. I'm just saying o.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Egbagirl(f): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Glad this topic is on the front page. Here is what I said on the thread I created on this topic:

What is even sadder than this little girl's death is the reaction of the school authorities asking the fam to drop the case and accept it as the will of God. To make it worse, the comments made my heart bleed. Why would anyone in their right mind support teachers sending students on errands that are not school related and even outside of the school building at creaking 10am in the morning too! I mean I know the education system is failing but really, has it come to this?

The teacher didn't kill the student, the truck driver did. However, the teacher, just like the driver, needs to be held responsible for his/her actions.

Btw, why do we continue to claim all the bad things that happen as God's will? If only we will put religious sentiments aside for once and see that it is we humans that are the cause of our own problems! Like one of the comments mentioned, there is no enforcement of any child protection laws. But I ask myself again, is there any enforcement of any law (generalization but mostly true)
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by freecocoa(f): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Its a pity.

RIP to the girl, these teachers should understand that kids come to school to learn not run petty errands for them.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by henryadex(m): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
This is a stale news it had already aired on this forum lastweek
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by YorubaOmoge: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
The teacher didn't kill the student, the truck driver did. However, the teacher, just like the driver, needs to be held responsible for his/her actions.
No. The teacher, which I'm sure is a female, killed her. If the guy was in school, she would'nt have been in harm's way.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by BANGASOUP1: 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
u mean u ve 2 quote dz ful artıcle jst 2 say 7th,wat a şhame.4 ur info am nt using lapi but phone.pls try get smal sense or format dat ur brain wen get virus,u really sucks
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Egbagirl(f): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
No. The teacher, which I'm sure is a female, killed her. If the guy was in school, she would'nt have been in harm's way.

I dig what you saying But if the driver had been more careful, he wouldn't have hit the girl. I mean technically the driver killed the girl. Guess they shud both be charged for 2nd degree murder but most likely the teacher for being irresponsible towards the child. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how this works n
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Egba girl:

I dig what you saying But if the driver had been more careful, he wouldn't have hit the girl. I mean technically the driver killed the girl. Guess they shud both be charged for 2nd degree murder but most likely the teacher for being irresponsible towards the child. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how this works n
the teacher cant be charged even though its her fault the child died.however she can be disciplined
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
I don't understand why some of you are raining curses on the poor teacher. S/he cannot be blamed for the unfortunate incident. . .these things happen occasionally, and the blame should go to fate. We don't know if it was a case of the driver's careless driving, or a mechanical (brake) failure, or indeed carelessness on the part of the deceased girl who, at 15, is certainly old enough to run such errands.

In any case, how many of us would claim not to be 'guilty' of what the teacher did? We all send our younger siblings/relatives, househelps, little neighbours, etc on errands like that too. I remember running errands for my teachers when I was in Primary and Junior secondary school (both military schools). It's a 'normal' thing.

It's just not right or fair to blame the teacher for the unfortunate girl's death. Sad incident, nonetheless.

3 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Artistree: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
So you quoted the whole article just 2write 7th.
I dnt blame u one bit cos if dis country had a good data system, all births would have been properly recorded, underage registratn on NL would have been rejected & u sure won't be here talkn like a calf.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by HezronLorraine(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
This type of news shows the level of inadequacy and ineffiency in our educational.firstly most of this high schools lack a lot of infrastructures and basic amenities.would there be a standard canteen in the school,d girl wouldn't be gone.secondly in a well to do corporate organization and govt parastatal,agency,dept,e.t.c,there ought to be messangers,errand boy/girl to carry out such duties.but our schools are effed up big time,teachers salary they haven't paid talkless of employing non teaching staff to cut cost.on a final note,its wrong for the teacher to send the girl on an errand but fate met the girl,its because she died that we can complain she was sent to buy 'ofada',who knows since when shes been going,but she met a disastrous and untimely fate.what if she had closed from school and was hit,no one would shift the blame on the teacher.funny that at 10 am the teacher wants to eat ofada when break time is by 11 or 12 i suppose,pls was she on 41 days dry fasting.lolz.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Fool.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by midetinz(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
I agree wt our comments so far. B ut anoda view is that we shld always pray to God noT to be the reason or outcome of an unfortunate coincidence. Cos I'm dead sure it's not the 1millionth time dey will be sending students on errands at unlawful times. Or if teacher had sent her during break time;culd it have made any difference? Once again may God not let us be the reason or resultant of an unfortunate coincidence
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by HezronLorraine(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Egba girl:

i'm a lawyer to be.so i know a few of ds tnz. The teacher can't be arrested or tried as she is indirectly responsible 4 the girls death.the school however may be sued for allowing the girl leave school premises during teaching hours,d prosecutor would generalise the case towards the school management and not the teacher even if she had assented to the girls unnecessary absence,but the defence may bring up a case to support their motion that the school can't claim responsibility for what happens outside its school premises,in this case,d girl had no guard appointed by the school to guide her activities outside the school premises on the errand.the teacher may be sanctioned,fired,because of this.truthfully,its not her fault entirely,what if the girl wasn't watchful on the road.accident happens and it catches anyone unsuspectedly.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by ITbomb(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
You are another reason I insist that Abortion should be legalize.
We saw all these coming but they said killing u then would count as murder
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by greatgod2012(f): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb: So make teacher no dey send small pikin errand again?

YEEEEEES(Resounding yes).....the students are not in school to be sent on errands by teachers....they are in school to be taught by teachers.
Why couldnt he/she go on his/her own.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita:
whichever god has this as his will is definitely a crackhead and deserves a firing squad.justice must be done
Why you dey follow behave like dis na why you come dey quote the whole post and den you no come write werin make brains ... mtcheeeeew ah pity you
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Chai !!! Werin i fit talk than to say make God punish dat mumu teasha ... now she don kee pepsin pikin and she no come show upp ... i no sure say she co quick see better for dis fa .... e vex me die angry
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
midetinz: I agree wt our comments so far. B ut anoda view is that we shld always pray to God noT to be the reason or outcome of an unfortunate coincidence. Cos I'm dead sure it's not the 1millionth time dey will be sending students on errands at unlawful times. Or if teacher had sent her during break time;culd it have made any difference? Once again may God not let us be the reason or resultant of an unfortunate coincidence
god is just a big excuse for the senselessness of many.whenever you find god,let him know he's wanted for many crimes
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Delafruita(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
JayKayMaybachz:
Why you dey follow behave like dis na why you come dey quote the whole post and den you no come write werin make brains ... mtcheeeeew ah pity you
thought of an appropiate response but then i saw your username and i was like "what kinda of a freak uses JayKayMaybachz as a username"
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by obyikye(f): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
AMEN IN JESUS NAME.
binger: Kai! Eyaa...may we never bury our own children. Let the reverse be the case, IJN.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita: thought of an appropiate response but then i saw your username and i was like "what kinda of a freak uses JayKayMaybachz as a username"
All The While, I knew you were a punk ... that's why i wanted to be convinced if you were really one ... you need some brains gringo
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by tellwisdom: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
Can I see the truck
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
R.I.P.........yep....the will of your so called god...smh...
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by kinematic(m): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
This is very sad. I can’t believe some people here are actually trying to justify the teacher’s action.. This is absurd, and I hope state governments across the country can look into such indiscipline by the school staff.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Tishcaterers: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mumu ni e 4 long quote
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Tishcaterers: 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mumu ni e 4 d long quote
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Solozzo(m): 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
huni_naija: Such terrible news.. The teacher needs to be apprehended and questioned? Did the father of the deceased pay school fees for his daughter to be running errands like a slave?

Shameful! embarassed

Absolutely. This is why gov Oshomoile of Edo state fired a teacher whom was involved in sending a pupil messages of this nature when he paid a surprise visit to the school. All schools should ban this kinfd of indiscipline among teachers. It is unethical. The teacher should face full wrath of the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does "Boxing Day" Mean? / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.