Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand (13504 Views)

Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / 30 Killed, While 20 Other Seriously Injured In Plateau, Jos. / Shame Of Lagos: Pupil Dies After Falling Into School Pit Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by ultimatebunmi1(f): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
ITbomb: So make teacher no dey send small pikin errand again?
errand on d high way u say or the teacher doesn't know d little girl has to
cross over.I wonder the kind of school u attend
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
obi123:

save it please!!! there should be clear boundaries between a student and a teacher , in my opinion teachers have no right to send any student any errand if it doesn't have to do with the curriculum of the school or the welfare of the student.
clearly the errand was a personal one and has resulted in the death of someone's child, i hope the teacher dies of guilt.
We need to refuse mediocrity on so many levels , there needs to be a standard.

This is not a case of how well a child can cross the street , the child had no business being outside at all.

so is it only what is in the curriculum that the students are taught....
Morals is not part of the school curriculum,bt the students are taught morals by their teachers. Maybe dey should only teach yur child english,maths and inter science nd lets see if you'll like your child behaviour

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
ultimatebunmi1: errand on d high way u say or the teacher doesn't know d little girl has to
cross over.I wonder the kind of school u attend

you are calling a 15yr's old gal a little gal @15 yrs some girls already have children, @15 yrs many gals have done abortion....@15yrs many gals are married.....nd u say a 15yr old gal is a little gal?
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by obi123: 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
homesteady:

so is it only what is in the curriculum that the students are taught....
Morals is not part of the school curriculum,bt the students are taught morals by their teachers. Maybe dey should only teach yur child english,maths and inter science nd lets see if you'll like your child behaviour

yes please, they should teach them what they are paid to teach,if part of the moral lesson includes sending them outside the school premise then no thanks, the parents of the girl are even lucky that they know what happened to her , there is a body , and perhaps the possibility of closure after she is mourned , what if she was kidnapped ? and nobody has a clue where she is right now?
All in the name of teaching moral the poor girl is now at the mortuary oya CLASS DISMISSED.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by COOLDUN: 12:24am On Feb 23, 2013
Teacher sending his/her pupil/student to an errand is never a sign of slavery , I agree that it is not all that right, but the way some of us here are taking the matter looks so judgmental. There was a news which most of us here and other forums applauded recently, about how a teacher saved the lives of her pupils from the recent school shooting in the USA, by hiding them in a locked cupboard in her class, and died while protecting her pupils.

Now if a teacher could go that far to protect her pupils while losing her life, then what is wrong and criminality in a teacher sending his/her pupil/student to an errand? The time this teacher would have used to escape was sacrificed to save her whole pupils. Common lets us reason humanly.

I know it’s painful to lose such a bright and pretty child in this way, but we should also know that the teacher is not happy to be in this present situation. We should not crucify the teacher for this un intentional error, because none of us here will swear that we have not sent someone on an errand before. Because there was no causality like this does not make us perfect for that then. If the teacher/tutor gave her a precious gift will the family reject it? It is true that only bad thing is regretted.

Some are saying that the teachers are only paid to teach from the school curriculum, That is absolutely nonsense, never mind that the Nigerian educational system is almost dead due to the mock privatization policy, if it was when education was what is supposed to be, none of you guys would have said what you are saying now.

Moral value is the biggest part of education and teachers contribute 80% of the real moral values you can ever acquire through education, we are lacking all those factors in our daily lives today,many teachers/tutors during our school days succeeded in bringing most of our stubborn friends to submission and total positive changes which their parents could not do then.

About God in this case, nothing that happens in this world and beyond that is not known by God. He is the one that created this girl and he knows that she will come back to him in this form. Any Christian believer will testify that the living God knows the end from the beginning. Sorry for bringing in Religion into this matter, as we all know that we cannot do without it too.

If this teacher should be sentenced to death, or life imprisonment, this dead angel girl will never wake up again. What we need to do is to pray collectively for God to grant her living family the fortitude to bear the loss of this girl, while the teacher/tutor should learn from this experience.If any of us on this nairaland have not sent anyone whether related or not related to us to an errand before let him/her be the first person to prosecute the teacher/tutor.

I still stand on my personal appeal to the mourning family of this pretty dead girl, to please in the name of God to forgive this teacher/tutor. As I also pray for the late girl to take her rightful position amongst the Angels of God in heaven/Paradise.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by obi123: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2013
COOLDUN: Teacher sending his/her pupil/student to an errand is never a sign of slavery , I agree that it is not all that right, but the way some of us here are taking the matter looks so judgmental. There was a news which most of us here and other forums applauded recently, about how a teacher saved the lives of her pupils from the recent school shooting in the USA, by hiding them in a locked cupboard in her class, and died while protecting her pupils.

Now if a teacher could go that far to protect her pupils while losing her life, then what is wrong and criminality in a teacher sending his/her pupil/student to an errand? The time this teacher would have used to escape was sacrificed to save her whole pupils. Common lets us reason humanly.

I know it’s painful to lose such a bright and pretty child in this way, but we should also know that the teacher is not happy to be in this present situation. We should not crucify the teacher for this un intentional error, because none of us here will swear that we have not sent someone on an errand before. Because there was no causality like this does not make us perfect for that then. If the teacher/tutor gave her a precious gift will the family reject it? It is true that only bad thing is regretted.

Some are saying that the teachers are only paid to teach from the school curriculum, That is absolutely nonsense, never mind that the Nigerian educational system is almost dead due to the mock privatization policy, if it was when education was what is supposed to be, none of you guys would have said what you are saying now.

Moral value is the biggest part of education and teachers contribute 80% of the real moral values you can ever acquire through education, we are lacking all those factors in our daily lives today,many teachers/tutors during our school days succeeded in bringing most of our stubborn friends to submission and total positive changes which their parents could not do then.

About God in this case, nothing that happens in this world and beyond that is not known by God. He is the one that created this girl and he knows that she will come back to him in this form. Any Christian believer will testify that the living God knows the end from the beginning. Sorry for bringing in Religion into this matter, as we all know that we cannot do without it too.

If this teacher should be sentenced to death, or life imprisonment, this dead angel girl will never wake up again. What we need to do is to pray collectively for God to grant her living family the fortitude to bear the loss of this girl, while the teacher/tutor should learn from this experience.If any of us on this nairaland have not sent anyone whether related or not related to us to an errand before let him/her be the first person to prosecute the teacher/tutor.

I still stand on my personal appeal to the mourning family of this pretty dead girl, to please in the name of God to forgive this teacher/tutor. As I also pray for the late girl to take her rightful position amongst the Angels of God in heaven/Paradise.

an errand OUTSIDE the school premises at 10am??
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Gideon1010(m): 6:52am On Feb 23, 2013
God knows best!.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by COOLDUN: 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
obi123:

an errand OUTSIDE the school premises at 10am??

What is the best time to send someone on an errand? if i could remember we used to have a free play time then about 10 am in the morning while the main recreation begins at 11 till 12-15 pm. I might be wrong with the free time then. To you now what to do you suggest to happen to the Teacher/Tutor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does "Boxing Day" Mean? / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.