Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

$6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers (5710 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. / Mother Of Slain Chiadika Writes A Petition To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by supereagle(m): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Nigeria gives $6,700 each to families of 9 slain health workers

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Health, Dr Ali Pate, said at the presentation of the cheques to the governor of Kano State, Mallam Rabiu Kwankwaso, on Thursday in Kano, that the government was giving N200, 000 (about US$1300) to each of the two survivors of the attack.

Pate, who said that the Nigerian government had already commiserated with the families of the victims, added that the money was not compensation, but assistance to the families of the slain officials.

Receiving the donation on behalf of the state governor, the Deputy Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, commended the gesture of the Nigerian federal government.

He said that the money would be given to the families of the deceased.

Gaduje said that the State Government had already donated N500, 000 (about US$3,500) to each of the bereaved families, while N250, 000 (about US$1,600) was given to the survivors.

He also commended Dangote and Bill and Melinda Gate Foundations for supporting the families of the victims with N500, 000 each (about US$3,500).

http://en.starafrica.com/news/nigeria-gives-6700-each-to-families-of-9-slain-health-workers.html
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by tomakint: 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Of course no effort can bring back the dead, but the largese will still soothe some hard feelings away! That is a good one from the respective donors to the bereaved cool
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 16, 2013
tomakint: Of course no effort can bring back the dead, but the largese will still soothe some hard feelings away! That is a good one from the respective donors to the bereaved cool
Too small for a life.They are working to save people lives then they lose their very painful. naija which way?
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by UKBobo(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2013
They should apportion some of the funds being thrown at the Eagles towards the families of these health workers. They died in just attempting to fulfill their job description. RIP!

4 Likes

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by gramci: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2013
Government should do whatever possible to protect health workers from those beasts.
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by victorD3: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2013
How on earth did southern Nigerians got stuck with this devilish Northerners?!

2 Likes

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by taharqa: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2013
The money given to these slain workers by d FG is just too small in my view. Why wud the money d State Govt gave be higher than d FG's. Its about time people start going to courts to seek Real damages from Govt or oda bodies in dis country once they feel they hv bn severely wronged.... RIP to those innocent women who were murdered, and God's peace to their families....

3 Likes

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by gramci: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2013
victorD3: How on earth did southern Nigerians got stuck with this devilish Northerners?!

Ask Lugard
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 16, 2013
kudos to the government and to dangote and bill gate's charity foundation for their effort in compensating the bereaved families and survivors..the money wont bring back the dead but it's something to cheer about

nice move...well done guys
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by vicope: 10:18am On Feb 16, 2013
The same Dangote that lavished a whooping N130 million on the Super Eagles is donating a mere N500,000 each to the families of people who were slain in the course of carrying out a more beneficial assignment for their country? These already successful footballers recieves cash and other gifts from state govts, federal govt, corporate organizations and so on!
I do not object the fact that the Super Eagles be rewarded for their good performance @ AFCON, what I oppose is a situation whereby Nigerians (especially the very young ones) begin to have a perception that it is more honorable, rewarding and patriotic for people to engage in sports (esp football) than in community health services (such as the door-to-door immunization of children). We need to also motivate our health workers, farmers, and other Nigerians who are contributing to the development of our country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2013
Please, how much was given the families of those murdered by Boko haram? Instead the family of the murderer gets compensated. Nigeria na joke
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by j4jj: 10:29am On Feb 16, 2013
The amnt is too small compared to what govt officials steal from govt coffers..

Blood money!!!
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Symphony007: 10:33am On Feb 16, 2013
I'm glad the government was sensible enough to do this for the farmilies of nigerians who died serving the country..and God will continue to bless bill and melina gates for such a big heart that they help farmilies half way around the world from them while the home based billionares in the country spend their money on ghastly footballers.
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Gombs(m): 10:48am On Feb 16, 2013
vicope: The same Dangote that lavished a whooping N130 million on the Super Eagles is donating a mere N500,000 each to the families of people who were slain in the course of carrying out a more beneficial assignment for their country?

If him no give now,u go still talk...u saying it as if he's obliged to give always. Is he a charity organisation? Is it not his money?na ur own?...so because footballers are rich, dey shdnt get gifts?na wa for u sha

U mustn't comment,if u dnt av anything wise to say,pls just read as pass by!...

#NoOffenceIntended
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 16, 2013
This should serve as a lesson to southerners who jump at any high risk job oppurtunity especially in haram axis.
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:05am On Feb 16, 2013
Whilst this gesture is commendable, i hope the gov does not believe that money to be compensation for damages caused by the loss of life/earning to their families. sad
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by nicago: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2013
victorD3: How on earth did southern Nigerians got stuck with this devilish Northerners?!

Ask Lugard and Britain!

Gbam!!!
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by funshybam(m): 11:19am On Feb 16, 2013
and Yobo and the rest are getting millions of dollars for an erroneous win....
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by vicope: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2013
Gombs:

If him no give now,u go still talk...u saying it as if he's obliged to give always. Is he a charity organisation? Is it not his money?na ur own?...so because footballers are rich, dey shdnt get gifts?na wa for u sha

U mustn't comment,if u dnt av anything wise to say,pls just read as pass by!...

#NoOffenceIntended
Initially, when I started reading your post, I had hoped that it will make sense, but every word you wrote further exposed how myopic ur brain is (no offence intended)!
If Dangote no be charity organization nko? Haven't U heard of CSR? Someone like you obviously celebrates mediocrity! We have MTN Nigeria that is not an Indigenous company, yet they are corporately decent enough to channel a lot of their profit on helping sick people, sponsoring poor children's education amongst other worthy cause through their MTN foundation. I guess the CSR of Glo and Dangote is to 'further enrich the rich'!
And please STFU, what do u even know about Dangote's wealth? And u open ur big mouth to ask 'is it not his money'?
It is u who musn't comment on every post U see, coz obviously ur IQ is just about 5%. Am I not generous? grin
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 16, 2013
supereagle: Nigeria gives $6,700 each to families of 9 slain health workers

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Health, Dr Ali Pate, said at the presentation of the cheques to the governor of Kano State, Mallam Rabiu Kwankwaso, on Thursday in Kano, that the government was giving N200, 000 (about US$1300) to each of the two survivors of the attack.

Pate, who said that the Nigerian government had already commiserated with the families of the victims, added that the money was not compensation, but assistance to the families of the slain officials.

Receiving the donation on behalf of the state governor, the Deputy Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, commended the gesture of the Nigerian federal government.

Gaduje said that the State Government had already donated N500, 000 (about US$3,500) to each of the bereaved families, while N250, 000 (about US$1,600) was given to the survivors.

He also commended Dangote and Bill and Melinda Gate Foundations for supporting the families of the victims with N500, 000 each (about US$3,500).

http://en.starafrica.com/news/nigeria-gives-6700-each-to-families-of-9-slain-health-workers.html

Someone please remind me again how much those soccer players that recently won the African Championship were given? undecided
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2013
nicago:

Ask Lugard and Britain!

Gbam!!!

Wrong Answer.

Ask Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Gombs(m): 12:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
vicope:
Initially, when I started reading your post, I had hoped that it will make sense, but every word you wrote further exposed how myopic ur brain is (no offence intended)!
If Dangote no be charity organization nko? Haven't U heard of CSR? Someone like you obviously celebrates mediocrity! We have MTN Nigeria that is not an Indigenous company, yet they are corporately decent enough to channel a lot of their profit on helping sick people, sponsoring poor children's education amongst other worthy cause through their MTN foundation. I guess the CSR of Glo and Dangote is to 'further enrich the rich'!
And please STFU, what do u even know about Dangote's wealth? And u open ur big mouth to ask 'is it not his money'?
It is u who musn't comment on every post U see, coz obviously ur IQ is just about 5%. Am I not generous? grin

Mtn channel 'A LOT OF THEIR PROFIT ON HELPING THE SICK...'(Are u a learner?)For example, Of all d bombings in 9ja,aw many times have mtn given monies or material tins to aid d wounded or dead victims' family?

Aw many times av u seen or heard (even in rumour) dat MTN sponsored just 10 poor (rural) children's education?

But Dangote/Adenuga are philanthropists and can throw their monies wherever pleases them.
remember the flood victims?google aw much dangote gave. But he's not under any obligation to give aid.

Let me edify you. CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere who may also be considered as stakeholders. (Wikipedia,2012)

Now,pls frm d above definition of CSR,how is MTN's CSR suppose to give footballers,killed health workers,etc with their 'MTN foundation'?

So na CSR dangote do for super eagles and health workers?
Na CSR adenuga do for super eagles shey?
First bank no dey do CSR? Chevron nko? Aw comes dem neva eva give N500 to super eagles n killed health workers?

Since I dnt knw nothing abt dangote's wealth, I suppose u r his banker/finiancial auditor/Sabi-Sabi?

Na ur money before?

My IQ is less dan 5percent, it may be true,or not...Nairalanders are smart enof to judge that.

The bolded is just unbelievable
I'm sorry for upsetting u n ur post,I meant well sha.

Cheers
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by 40Lightyears: 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
Only on paper, right No amount of money can bring back the dead or alleviate the suffering heaped on the deceased

families. Just PUT A STOP TO THIS BARBARISM IN THE NORTH and everywhere, PERIOD angry.

1 Like

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by 40Lightyears: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
supereagle: Nigeria gives $6,700 each to families of 9 slain health workers

This is just pathetic angry angry angry angry U want cheap compensation for ur loved ones, just present urself in the

North and get slain. Then the compensation will start pouring-in. DARN! angry angry angry Then what happens to the zombies

that committed these murders?

1 Like

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by MEKKYbob(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
[/color]mo gba ti shee[color=#000099]
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by cold(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
Symphony007: I'm glad the government was sensible enough to do this for the farmilies of nigerians who died serving the country..and God will continue to bless bill and melina gates for such a big heart that they help farmilies half way around the world from them while the home based billionares in the country spend their money on ghastly footballers.

@bolded,it may interest you to know that Bill Gates is good without God.In his own words;"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning." Now compare his altruistic gestures with that of our God loving millionaires scattered all over the country,then you get the sense. Just saying
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Omexonomy: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
taharqa: The money given to these slain workers by d FG is just too small in my view. Why wud the money d State Govt gave be higher than d FG's. Its about time people start going to courts to seek Real damages from Govt or oda bodies in dis country once they feel they hv bn severely wronged.... RIP to those innocent women who were murdered, and God's peace to their families....
prove to us that you are not the leaders of the bloody f,uc.kin assasins just to discredit the fed govt
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by vicope: 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gombs:

Mtn channel 'A LOT OF THEIR PROFIT ON HELPING THE SICK...'(Are u a learner?)For example, Of all d bombings in 9ja,aw many times have mtn given monies or material tins to aid d wounded or dead victims' family?

Aw many times av u seen or heard (even in rumour) dat MTN sponsored just 10 poor (rural) children's education?

But Dangote/Adenuga are philanthropists and can throw their monies wherever pleases them.
remember the flood victims?google aw much dangote gave. But he's not under any obligation to give aid.

Let me edify you. CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere who may also be considered as stakeholders. (Wikipedia,2012)

Now,pls frm d above definition of CSR,how is MTN's CSR suppose to give footballers,killed health workers,etc with their 'MTN foundation'?

So na CSR dangote do for super eagles and health workers?
First bank no dey do CSR? Chevron nko? Aw comes dem neva eva give N500 to super eagles n killed health workers?

Since I dnt knw nothing abt dangote's wealth, I suppose u r his banker/finiancial auditor/Sabi-Sabi?

Na ur money before?

My IQ is less dan 5percent, it may be true,or not...Nairalanders are smart enof to judge that.

The bolded is just unbelievable
I'm sorry for upsetting u n ur post,I meant well sha.

Cheers
ON EDUCATION
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81388%3Amtn-expends-n510-million-on-scholarship-awards-to-nigerian-students&catid=55%3Acompulife&Itemid=391
MTN donates N510 million on scholarship awards to Nigerian students.
http://scholarship-positions.com/2013-mtn-foundation-science-and-technology-scholarship-in-nigeria/2012/10/15/
Maybe you haven't heard of the annual MTN foundation sci & tech scholarship in Nigeria.
And for your dump question 'Aw many times av u seen or heard (even in rumour) dat MTN sponsored just 10 poor (rural) children's education?', you have GOOGLE as your friend!
ON HEALTH
http://www.punchng.com/metro/mtn-donates-n500000-for-shot-babys-treatment/
MTN donates 500,000 for baby shot in Lagos.
http://naijapositive.myfastforum.org/archive/lagos-healthcare-boosted-with-mtn-dialysis-centre__o_t__t_4580.html
Lagos Healthcare boosted with MTN dialysis centre
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1909-mtn-boosts-ngozi-nwosu’s-medical-treatment-with-n1m
MTN donates 1m to Ngozi Nwosu's treatment

You may also want to google:
MTN donates ambulances to LASG
MTN.
Mtn donates mordern dialysis equipments to abuja national hospital.
MTN partners Delta State govt on security, donates five patrol vehicles.
MTN spends N1.2b in 7 years for the fight against HIV.
MTN donates appliances to 400 DISABLED persons in Osun State.
MTN gives grants to Nigerian youths in enterprenual competition.
To mention a few. Now this is my perception of what true CSR should be all about.

On Dangote's donation for the flood victims, please what would you expect from the Co-Chairman, Presidential Committee on Flood Relief and Rehabilitation? Do you think he was appointed there for sake of formalities? Precise, MTN also donated to the flood victims.
http://www.mobileworldmag.com/mtn-nigeria-donates-relief-materials-to-flood-disaster-victims.html

CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and ENCOURAGE A POSITIVE IMPACT through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere who may also be considered as stakeholders. (Wikipedia,2012)

Do you really understand the phrase 'ENCOURAGE A POSITIVE IMPACT'? I bet u don't, else you won't be asking 'Now,pls frm d above definition of CSR,how is MTN's CSR suppose to give footballers,killed health workers,etc with their 'MTN foundation'? So na CSR dangote do for super eagles and health workers?
First bank no dey do CSR? Chevron nko? Aw comes dem neva eva give N500 to super eagles n killed health workers?'

You need to google Corporate Social Responsibility and read thoroughly every article you find about it, instead of quoting a one-sided definition of CSR from Wikipedia.

About Dangote's wealth, do you need an oracle to mention to you that there are many-a-investor in his business?

I seriously understand that you really can't comprehend my argument, but I cannot fathom why you won't just shut up! And if you're in any way thinking I have an interest in MTN, then the 5% I aportioned to you as the level of ur IQ (out of my generosity though) is way too much! grin
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Lexusgs430: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Money for burial rites or compensation?

1 Like

Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Gombs(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
vicope:
ON EDUCATION
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81388%3Amtn-expends-n510-million-on-scholarship-awards-to-nigerian-students&catid=55%3Acompulife&Itemid=391
MTN donates N510 million on scholarship awards to Nigerian students.
http://scholarship-positions.com/2013-mtn-foundation-science-and-technology-scholarship-in-nigeria/2012/10/15/
Maybe you haven't heard of the annual MTN foundation sci & tech scholarship in Nigeria.
And for your dump question 'Aw many times av u seen or heard (even in rumour) dat MTN sponsored just 10 poor (rural) children's education?', you have GOOGLE as your friend!
ON HEALTH
http://www.punchng.com/metro/mtn-donates-n500000-for-shot-babys-treatment/
MTN donates 500,000 for baby shot in Lagos.
http://naijapositive.myfastforum.org/archive/lagos-healthcare-boosted-with-mtn-dialysis-centre__o_t__t_4580.html
Lagos Healthcare boosted with MTN dialysis centre
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1909-mtn-boosts-ngozi-nwosu’s-medical-treatment-with-n1m
MTN donates 1m to Ngozi Nwosu's treatment

You may also want to google:
MTN donates ambulances to LASG
MTN.
Mtn donates mordern dialysis equipments to abuja national hospital.
MTN partners Delta State govt on security, donates five patrol vehicles.
MTN spends N1.2b in 7 years for the fight against HIV.
MTN donates appliances to 400 DISABLED persons in Osun State.
MTN gives grants to Nigerian youths in enterprenual competition.
To mention a few. Now this is my perception of what true CSR should be all about.

On Dangote's donation for the flood victims, please what would you expect from the Co-Chairman, Presidential Committee on Flood Relief and Rehabilitation? Do you think he was appointed there for sake of formalities? Precise, MTN also donated to the flood victims.
http://www.mobileworldmag.com/mtn-nigeria-donates-relief-materials-to-flood-disaster-victims.html

CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and ENCOURAGE A POSITIVE IMPACT through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere who may also be considered as stakeholders. (Wikipedia,2012)

Do you really understand the phrase 'ENCOURAGE A POSITIVE IMPACT'? I bet u don't, else you won't be asking 'Now,pls frm d above definition of CSR,how is MTN's CSR suppose to give footballers,killed health workers,etc with their 'MTN foundation'? So na CSR dangote do for super eagles and health workers?
First bank no dey do CSR? Chevron nko? Aw comes dem neva eva give N500 to super eagles n killed health workers?'

You need to google Corporate Social Responsibility and read thoroughly every article you find about it, instead of quoting a one-sided definition of CSR from Wikipedia.

About Dangote's wealth, do you need an oracle to mention to you that there are many-a-investor in his business?

I seriously understand that you really can't comprehend my argument, but I cannot fathom why you won't just shut up! And if you're in any way thinking I have an interest in MTN, then the 5% I aportioned to you as the level of ur IQ (out of my generosity though) is way too much! grin

Let me knw wen u understand the difference between scholarship and sponsoring!...and I emphasised on poor (rural) children. Send me d link of poor rural children being sponsored. And we all knw MTN's scholarship does not tk u all tru primary or secondary or university does it?...sponsoring should take u tho.

Also send me links of MTN helping bomb blast victims/their families

Send me links of how MTN created jobs for graduates (ask Jos call centre folks aw far)

And why even emphasise on MTN? I never said they dnt do CSR, did I? You brought MTN in the equation as a CSR giant and Dangote was doing CSR!...read back the thread for evidence

So if say Nuhu Ribadu was heading the flood relief warreva, he wud as well have given to the cause shey? Or u saying because dangote is wealthy n d govt tinks because he's wealthy "he'd surely give monies for the cause"?

Go tell fobres magazine dat Dangote "has 'many-a-investor' in his business"

Gosh...In short, just wallow in ur 'wisdom' of IQ 600%...its makes nairaland fun sha.
#AmDoneHere
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by Uceegal: 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
Gombs n Vicope, make una no fight ooo. Anyway e bi lyk say una 2 dey hot 4 temper dat none cud ignore d oda. Una don full d first page. One love,k. @topic,I lyk d gov attempt 2 console d bereaved
Re: $6,700 Given To Families Of Slain Health-Workers by grandstar(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
This is very touching!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasarawa Gives N1m Cheque Each To Widows Of Slain Policemen / “HAND OF GOD” Prevents Rocket From Striking Israel / Breaking News!!!! Bomb Blast In Abuja (nyanya - Mararaba Axis)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.