Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (29374 Views)

The Catholic Easter Vigil Mass "Exsultet": Worshipping God or Satan? / Who Killed More People In The Bible, 'God' Or 'Satan'? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Ejyro(f): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2005
Many people would answer the above question with a single word—God. But significantly, nowhere does the Bible say that either Jesus Christ or his Father are the real rulers of this world. On the contrary, Jesus said: "The ruler of this world will be cast out." And he added: "The ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me."—John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11.

There is no need to guess at the matter, for the Bible clearly shows that an intelligent, unseen person has been controlling both men and nations. It says: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." And the Bible identifies him, saying: "The one called Devil and Satan . . . is misleading the entire inhabited earth."—1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.

Let's consider a few points which shows that satan is the ruler of this world.

Point one, In the Bible book of Matthew 4:8-10, Satan the devil showed Jesus all the glories of the world and promised to give it to Jesus if he worship him. Think about this. would Satan had offered Jesus "all the kingdoms of the world" if the world is not his? No, he would not.

Point two, in the Bible book of 2Corinthians 4:4, we were told that the "god" of this system of this has blinded the mind of unbelievers so that they might not know Jehovah

Point three, Remember that Satan had been an angel created by God, but he became envious of God's position. He challenged God's rightful rulership. To this end he used a serpent as a mouthpiece to deceive the first woman, Eve, and was thus able to get her and her husband, Adam, to do his bidding rather than obey God. (Genesis 3:1-6; 2 Corinthians 11:3) He also claimed he could turn all of Adam and Eve's yet unborn offspring away from God. So God allowed time for Satan to try to prove his claim, but Satan has not succeeded.—Job 1:6-12; 2:1-10. With him ruling the world today are some of the angels he decieved from heaven down to the vicinity of the earth.

Do you believe Satan is the ruler of the world?

1 Like

Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Bibi(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2005
oh boy, I don't think this needs to be argued. This is a thin line between blasphemy and glorifying the devil.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by hotangel2(f): 12:53am On Aug 13, 2005
This is soooo gonna be fun. I am waiting for Bible scholars to find this topic. Personally i dunno who rules the world. If my dad was bill gate, i might say my dad does.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by mbazunu: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2005
you have to understand certain things. many rulers and leaders in the world today profess to be christians and to be for God but in reality they are into all sort of things behind the clever facade they put up to the public. the devil is in very strong control of the world right now. taking his time and using various means to ensnare unsuspecting people, putting up incontrovertible proof that black is white and white is black, thereby decieving people to be on his side unknowingly. so as of now there can be no doubt. the devil rules the world make no mistake about it.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Ejyro(f): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2005
mbazunu, you are right.
Bibi:

oh boy, I don't think this needs to be argued. This is a thin line between blasphemy and glorifying the devil.

Bibi, this is no blasphemy, neither is it a way of glorifying the devil. It's obvious that the world lying in the power of the wicked one (satan). In the portion i quoted earlier (John 12:31, 13:40, 16:11), the ruler of the world is to be cast out. That same ruler has no hold on Jesus. Isn't it obvious that Jesus is not talking about Jehovah here? Think about that Bibi and some others who think the ruler of the world is GOd.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Bibi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2005
Im not very versed in bible verses, but I do remember clearly it was stated in the bible somewhere that:
1. Whatever Satan posses is because God allowed it.
2. Somewhere in Job, we understand that Satan takes permision from God to test men.
3. God allows rulers/leaders as he wishes based on his planned outcomes of his divine will.

So, it goes that, whatever Satan has or posses is because God allows.

However, there is one important thing that you overlook - freewill.

God or Satan do not compel followership. Rather, it is mans free will to choose which to follow. If men wishes to follow the devil more than God, does that imply rulership? especially when the supposed ruler is given grace by a diety? So who is the real ruller?

Man's selfish ego and greed to be godlike (seeking control and followership) will always move them towards Satan who sought the same against GOD.

So if we have to answer your question logically. Man has free will to choose between God and Satan. As long as man has this free will, man chooses what to do. That choice is either for God or Satan but is not controlled by God or Satan, but man himself.

As such, I declare Man rules. The result of man's rule is more evil than good.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by layi(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2005
Briefly.
In the preadamite world...the era of the dinosaurs and early men. Lucifer was in charge of the stars of God (Man). At a point he thought to himself." I will ascend into heaven and make my throne above the stars of GOD".
Isaiah 14:13 - For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:14 - I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most
High.   

He then led the angels under him in rebellion 2 heaven

Rev 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

God knew his thoughts and casted them down to earth. The fall destroyed the previous earth (The big bang) signalling the origin of devil and demons. They decided then to oppose good/GOD.This happened between Gen 1;vs1&2)

Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

GOD then recreated the formless world and made Man in his own image so he would have control over the recreated earth like GOd in heaven. He gave man dominion& also gave him freewill. When man fell in the garden, he (unconsciously) gave his adamic authority to the devil

Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

The Devil is now the GOD of this world's system. and mans nature changed to evil. Evry child born into the world inherited the nature from the father. Embryology would tell u that in conception the mother only contributes the body... Its the father that gives the life/nature to the baby). (Reason why Jesus had to be born of a virgin. Gods sperma/rhema/word entered her egg and Jesus was born as GOD because he had the nature of GOD).
This world is beign ruled by Satan (politically,economically etc).Jesus came to give man a new Life/ nature which is made possible by the Holy Spirit (the executive arm of d triune GOD).GOD already gave us freewill so Just like man chose death..man has the chance to choose Life.

Deuteronomy 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

That what Jesus came for: to be the cross/bridge between man and GOD. Not just to restore but to renew (better than original plan).
Jesus was the only begotten of the father but after his resurection, We can all be begotten of the father.

John 20:17 - Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.   

The world's system is doomed to fail. But those who are christains (representatives of christ) wouldnt fail. Apply heavenly/spiritual principles and u'ld succeed in the evil world.
Tell me everything must come down due to gravity and i'll tell u everything can stay up with aerodynamics.
The world (both the cosmos and the people in it) is fo sure under Satan control. But the christian is above Satan. We are citizens of heaven already. We r left here to win more souls for the Kingdom. Believe this because Its true. I live the top-life always because i'm a christain with knowlegde.

Hey was that brief? There's answers to all life's question in d bible. Lets hear more.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by c0dec(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2005
Satan rulez baby. the dark side of the force is strong with the people of the world. there's so much violence and sex on the planet (even on nairaland).

i think about it every now and then. if a large meteor were to hit the earth this minute. 80% of us will unite the satan.

You're either with satan or with God. you can't be in between. Gods hates lukewarm-ness.

right now, as i'm composing this post, i'm with satan. i've to go confessing my sins now and join the light side of the force.  cool
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Johnny(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2005
What kind of question is this?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by layi(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2005
@Johnny
A nice question. Dont be an hypocrite.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by udo(m): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2005
I seriously do not understand this, i mean Satan rules this World because you may not understand but we are at War here in this World, if you come to think of it whoever is born today is for Satan until he/she turns to Christ and when you turn to Christ the Devil starts looking for a way to call you back or DESTROY you which is to say that you first belonged to him and if you don't turn to Christ you will still remain with him.

God Rules for Christains and Satan Rules for Pagans
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by layi(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2005
2 rulers? Are there 2 worlds?
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2005
simple satan! the most exciting part of this world is 99% what bible calls sin! fornication, smoking, drugs...
satan is in charge of men because he knows that men just want to have fun and he gives us exactly what we want!
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by hotangel2(f): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2005
Now that's funny. Satan rules??
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by layi(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2005
God owns the world but he's not ruling it. God created man for that purpose. But we lost the adamic authority (dominion) to Satan. We were made to control the universe (cosmological and social systems). Those who have found their way back and are alive unto GOD have since regained their purpose of existence.

We are in this world but not of this world.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by layi(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2005
After all said, I still believe "God Has the World under Control"

All the terrible things in the world prove that a good, all-powerful God doesn't exist, right? Not necessarily. Even a perfect God might allow bad things to happen for a time, as part of some higher plan. God could know exactly what's going on all of the time and only allow so much, all as part of his grand scheme.

The God of the Bible is that God. He claims that nothing on Earth happens without his say-so. He is completely sovereign over all things. "Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it?"Lamentations 3:37
"I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."Isah 46:10
"The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."Psalm 33:11
"It is the Lord's purpose that prevails."Prov 19:21

This does not mean, however, that everything that happens is something God likes. For example, Jesus told his disciples how to pray; in that prayer, one of the key statements is: "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."Mat 6:10
God's moral will is always done in heaven, but not on Earth. While God is sovereign over all things, he doesn't like everything that takes place on Earth. But for some reason, he allows those things to happen (his permissive will), maybe as part of the freedom of choice we have as human beings.

But the God of the Bible does have a plan, and he will not rest "until he fully accomplishes the purposes of his heart."Jer 23:20 What is that plan? God's ultimate goal is to dwell with people in a totally different environment than what we presently experience. Of that next world, this God says, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. I am making everything new!"Rev 21: 3-5
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by adesodgi(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2005
Johnny:

What kind of question is this?
I wonder o...
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by kika: 6:21am On Nov 22, 2005
what i know is.. satan controlled this world now.. and Jehovah God erm.. he wait until the time has came for Him to destroyed bad people.. erm.. im not enough knowledge to talk about this.. sorry..
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by prettyH(f): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2005
@ layi

totally supoort u

may seem satan is in charge but i tell u God is in control any day any time
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by goodguy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2005
The devil is the ruler of this world. I shall be back with details.. cool
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by RhodaRose(f): 2:26am On Dec 01, 2005
GoodGuy,
The devil is the ruler of this world. I shall be back with details..

The devil is only the ruler of those who let him rule themselves

God rules those who let Him rule themselves

It is our decision who we let rule us

That is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the Truth, so help me God

RhodaRose
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by icingbaby(f): 12:54am On Dec 02, 2005
i agree with rhodarose.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by GG: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2005
GO HERE >> http://www.keyway.ca/htm2001/20010504.htm
this page has the scriptures to back up why "satan rules the earth" & the events that occured and will occur.
Thanks for this page, very informative guys!
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by RhodaRose(f): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2005
satan "ruled the earth" here but he still had to have permission from God

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Job 1:7
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Job 1:8
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Job 1:9
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by trisha: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2005
the bible states that satan is the god of this sytem of things so God created the world but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicket one SATAN embarassed but we should not be scared coz we know the devil just have a very short time to leave cheesy
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by chrisd(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2005
Have read the book by Leo Tolstoy " The Kingdon of God is within you ". I think that answers a lot of questions about who is ruling the world. Also depends on us.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by spicequeen(f): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2005
The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one satan the devil who is keeps transforming himself into an angel of light--- 2Corthinians 4:4. Jehovah God created the world but satan the devil is the ruler of the world.
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Jackie(f): 2:48am On Dec 28, 2005
God created us out of his own image and gave us dominion over the whole world ,, but because our God will not force you on your decision. It's up to you to decide if you want to follow him or follow satan.

God is in control of this world in all aspects, and God said if u want to follow him be ready to carry the cross.  Following God is not an easy task, why because the devil is constantly around wanting to destroy steal and kill. You have to be firm and u will make it through God that strengthens u.

However because the devil's seems less difficult because of the earthly things Satan seems to be ruling but not in control.

And for those that decide to take this path then Satan is ur ruler.

As for me i am for God he is my ruler and my controller
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2006
if satan was the ruler of the world, the world wouldnt have been as it is!!
Jehovah is the same as God only the jehovah witnesses call him jehovah if not he's the same God who rules the world
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Reverend(m): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2006
It seems to me that the banks control the World :-)
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2006
Reverend i expect you to preach!! wink
Re: Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? by whitesoftx(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2006
Me either! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / Pastor Adeboye Warns Of Impending Plague In Nigeria / "Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.