Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion (16837 Views)

Lagos On Lockdown As Many Engage In "Last Minute Rush Buys For Xmas" - Photos / Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer / Let's Talk About Warren Buffet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by uncle2010: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Billionaire Warren Buffet dipped into the ketchup business yesterday, buying H.J Heinz Co. for a cool $23.3 billion. Include Buffet’s assumed debt and the deal’s value soars to $28 billion making it the richest deal in food industry history. We hope the new owners can mustard the strength needed to withdraw all that cash!

Berkshire Hathaway, Buffet’s investment group, teamed up with the New York-based firm 3G Capital in the Heinz takeover. According to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Berkshire is putting up $12.12 billion for half of the equity in Heinz as well as $8 billion of preferred shares. 3G, best known for its role in the creation of Anheuser-Busch InBev, will run Heinz while Berkshire acts as a financing partner. Undoubtedly a deal like this will force other investment firms to play ketchup.

Buffet’s deal should accelerate Heinz’ global expansion. At the moment, Heinz products are on grocery shelves in over 200 countries, including Indonesia, Brazil and India. About two-thirds of the Pittsburg-based company’s revenue already come from outside the United States, a proportion that’s bound to rise after the investment consortium’s deal closes in the third quarter. But don’t worry, Heinz CEO William Johnson stressed that the company will maintain Pittsburg as its global headquarters since pulling out of the city now would be pretty weak sauce. Sauce. Like tomato sauce. Tomatoes are the primary ingredient in ketchup. Aw, forget it…

Reports of the acquisition have sent Heinz shares soaring: on Thursday the company’s stock price closed at $72.50, an increase of about 20 percent.

http://www.thejanedough.com/warren-buffet-buys-heinz-for-28-billion/

2 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
OH DEAR! shocked
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by manny4life(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mr Buffet, when will you come into Nigeria and invest? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
3rd to comment thank God
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Ustec: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
Abeg explain better o...don't know what you are talking about fa...

2 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
We are second and trying hard. Good news!
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Flygerian1(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
Speechless
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by anyiway(m): 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
I THOUGHT PETER OBI IS THE SOLE DISTRIBUTOR OF HEINZ IN NIGERIA.
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by iamswizz(m): 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
instead of make he invest for Agege bread... Na ketchup he go dey buy.... Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by 2legit2qwt: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
Now watch Heinz stock price skyrocket
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Psylas(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
'
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
It is essentially a leveraged buyout, and Buffett/Berkshire are passive investors and partner 3G will be managing the company.

Warren Buffett ISN'T buying Heinz (or if you'd say "taking over").

Buffett has stated that 3G will be running the company. And 3G aren't passive. They will aggressively cut expenses. But they will also try to grow it globally and manage for a longer timeframe than most LBO's.

6 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by vanstanzy(m): 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
WEALTH!!! COOOL!
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by seedord247(m): 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2013
Keneking: 3rd to comment thank God

Person dey buy things of 4 thrillion naira you dey proud say you be 3rd to comment. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by babadey(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
May God help me to become more than warren buffet in Jesus name, Amen

4 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Frostyzone(m): 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
Keneking: 3rd to comment thank God

Mo.ron

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Reference(m): 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
grin Well you can't go wrong investing in chow.

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by ifemiide: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
There re people that are richer than warren buffet in nigeria, instead of them to use our money that they stole to invest in nigeria, all they do is to bury it in a soakaway At there best they keep it in swiss bank for those oyinbo to see somethimg to develop their own country. And they will leave the poor man tO be praying on nairaland for the reduction in the price of garri.

3 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by ayox2003: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
2legit2qwt: Now watch Heinz stock price skyrocket

The stock spiked after the news even during the premarket trading on Friday. Trust Warren Buffet, anything he touches turn gold.

Frawzey
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
He will soon take back his position as the richest man on earth. This guy is fvcking rich and still humble. He still hasn't moved out from his 3 bedroom bungalow in Omaha, Nebraska. He's also a philantropist and put the icing on the cake when he announed that most of his wealth will go to Charity. This man is one of my role models. When i groz up i wanna be like him and it will happen in no distant future. Afam bu Afam. Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

5 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Ortis: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
Well done sir.warren,an example of gud businex man,..,i will buy dat carrot plantation in potiskum,i hope i get posted on NL
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by ojabel(m): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
baba dey]May God help me to become more than warren buffet in Jesus name, Amen

It is not buy prayer alone!

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by TDIsaac(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
D guy sure knows hw 2 make money. We cn all learn 4rm him. Anyone cn make it 2 d place of his/her dream by looking 4 d opportunities around him/her which of course are always disguised. Focus, patience, hardwork & persistence are very necessary 2 get there.
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by livethinme: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
baba dey: May God help me to become more than warren buffet in Jesus name, Amen

Why?
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by 2legit2qwt: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
Afam4eva: He will soon take back his position as the richest man on earth. This guy is fvcking rich and still humble. He still hasn't moved out from his 3 bedroom bungalow in Omaha, Nebraska. He's also a philantropist and put the icing on the cake when he announed that most of his wealth will go to Charity. This man is one of my role models. [b]When i groz up i wanna be like him [/b]and it will happen in no distant future. Afam bu Afam. Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Bro, where you want grow reach again? old man like you talking about when i grow up grin grin
ayox2003:

The stock spiked after the news even during the premarket trading on Friday. Trust Warren Buffet, anything he touches turn gold.

Frawzey

This guy bought some shares in the company i work for and stock price went up by almost $20 within a week
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by tpia5: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
Interesting.

I do want to learn how to make ketchup, one of these days.
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by Symphony007: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
Warren buffets wealth keeps growing and he has already commited 80% of his wealth to charity. He says i want to give my children enought money so they can feel they can do anything not too much so they'll do nothing!!
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
Talk about a rich man. Mention Warren Buffet. That guy rich o.
Afam4eva: This man is one of my role models. When i groz up i wanna be like him and it will happen in no distant future.
u be pikin? U wan grow up at what age?
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by ebamma(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
ojabel: baba dey]May God help me to become more than warren buffet in Jesus name, Amen

It is not buy prayer alone!
English is dead

2 Likes

Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by abY2: 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
Buffet is gonna keep investing and doing biz till the day God calls him home.Investing has become a hobby,i just like this man
Re: Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion by favinvest: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Are u surprised why d naija politician stealing billions can b as weathy as dis man cos u don't bcom a business genius cos u have money but u can bcom a business genius without billions and grow to have multiple billions of money wrt time

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shoemaker Urges Buhari To Ban Footwear Importation. / 3 Proven Ways To Find A Profitable Business Opportunity / USSD: Telcos Threaten To Disconnect Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.