Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:39 PM

Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (21002 Views)

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Websites for Portfolio Tracking & Monitoring of Nigerian Stocks (2) (3) (4)

Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by OvoClose: 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
Enduring Stock Buys:
Hello stock market heads.
What are the top five stock to buy that will assure one of a happy retirement over the long term?
What is going to yield 1000% return in the next 10-15 years?

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by sixteen08(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
I tink nestle plc is a gud bet.....I stand 2 b corrected though also d price nw is a bit on d high side which makes it a lil bit unattractive @ d moment
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ihedioramma: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
GTB,FBNH,UBA,NESTLE,TOTAL OIL E.T.C.

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by babaowo: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ovo Close: Enduring Stock Buys:
What are the top five stock to buy that will assure one of a happy retirement over the long term?
.... instead of stock, buy alots of lands anywhere in lagos,and make sure u process your C.F.O. and leave it for 10 years, life itself is a gamble....

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by bamosagie(m): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
Oando share, Its one company with a future in oil and gass.

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Goldenheart(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
kk
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Meenoti: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2013

Buy Nestle and Guinness.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by SlyIg(f): 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
Naija shares still work?
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by valdubem(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Don't try buying bank stocks. Buy companies that re into manufacturing e.g Nestle, Dunlop, Dangote etc coz they have viability of staying afloat even in times of crunch/crash.

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Seun(m): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
Meenoti: Buy Nestle and Guinness.
Why?

ihedioramma: GTB,FBNH,UBA,NESTLE,TOTAL OIL E.T.C.
Why?
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ab1x: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
babaowo: .... instead of stock, buy alots of lands anywhere in lagos,and make sure u process your C.F.O. and leave it for 10 years, life itself is a gamble....

Is it C/O or C.F.O?
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by toykathy(f): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
stock ke? God forbid. I go invest my money in land and housing. D best biz ever even in retirement.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by vanstanzy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
I would recommend,

1) Nestle

2) Guinness

3) First bank

4) Newgold

5) GTB

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Milikiman: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
laws of diminishin return neva set on land
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by koolguy88(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Banking -FBN, GT BANK, ZENITH, ACCESS BANK, UBA,
conglomerates - Nestle foods, NB, Guinness, Dangote sugar
oil -Total, Mobil, etc
others -dangote cem

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by aariwa(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
you are very correct.Buy lands in the outskirts of big cities within the price range of 300-600k.it appreciates very fast and more than stocks and i am advising the poster based on personal experience.
babaowo: .... instead of stock, buy alots of lands anywhere in lagos,and make sure u process your C.F.O. and leave it for 10 years, life itself is a gamble....

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Chrisdonca(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
nestle is the best
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ab1x: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
I think the best thing one can invest on at the moment is landed property. The last time I bought the then incontinental bank now access bank shares, it was all a flop. Don't think I can ever invest on any shares, bond or treasury bills again. I'll rather buy land or at most build a house and rent it out.

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
guinness shares
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Marvis4real(f): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
ab1x:

Is it C/O or C.F.O?
It is C of O.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ozodimgba(m): 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2013

u see am a lot of nigerians don loose hope for this politically ridden NSE. Shine ur eyes no be 21st century talk.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ab1x: 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Marvis4real: It is C of O.

It can be written as C/O or C of O. All in all, it means certificate of occupancy
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ihedioramma: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
toykathy: stock ke? God forbid. I go invest my money in land and housing. D best biz ever even in retirement.
OK MAKE U NO BUY ONE LAND 4 TIMES BECAREFUL ALL IS THE SAME + UR LIFE, THEY CAN PLAY U 419 IN THE LAND. SO MY BROTHER THE TWO IS THE SAME.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Toppie2(f): 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
ab1x: I think the best thing one can invest on at the moment is landed property. The last time I bought the then incontinental bank now access bank shares, it was all a flop. Don't think I can ever invest on any shares, bond or treasury bills again. I'll rather buy land or at most build a house and rent it out.
En pointe!
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
i have started investing in 24k Gold Biscuits. it has good long-term returns.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ihedioramma: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
ab1x: I think the best thing one can invest on at the moment is landed property. The last time I bought the then incontinental bank now access bank shares, it was all a flop. Don't think I can ever invest on any shares, bond or treasury bills again. I'll rather buy land or at most build a house and rent it out.
my brother stock,bonds and tb e.t.c and land is the same . have u se some one that bout land from wrong person? what of buying govt land on no to you? can u buy land with #100,000

Have You Wondered How You Can Make Money With Cryptos? You're In Luck!! / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow/flat Architectural Design For Half Plot Of Land / 2million Naira, But No Business Ideas