Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65007 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Debunk me if you can.... I am waiting

its hard to know where to start from.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

its hard to know where to start from.

At least give it a try. In fact i am ready to lecture you more,this time on African tradition. How our doctrine was converted to the jewish bible.

I suppose you are a black man and yet you are devoted to the jewish book as if it were original.

African tradition is in fact the original religion in the world. Why are there no Pyramids in the bible? That is enough evidence it aint original!

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 17, 2013
Have you ever wondered why Moses wrote the 7 books of moses which contain a lot of secret knowledge? After learning from the Pharaoh's palace including the supposed ten commandments?

I will eat you raw when it come to ancient knowledge and ancient scrolls cos that is my passion. I got loads of resources..... My library is full.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 17, 2013
Christianity and Islam took their dogmas from the Old Testaments of the Jews. African human personification of God in the Trinity of Osiris, Isis and Horus 4100 years before Christianity, with Osiris sitting in judgment over the dead, reinforced the human and masculine attributes of the Christian and islamic God (Yahweh), who created man in His image and likeness. Yahweh is Kether, one of Judaism's ten attributes of En-Sof just like the African Sango, Ogun or Olokun are attributes of Tu-SoS, the Supreme Source.

Islam adopted the Jewish, human God, Yahweh and called Him Allah, 500 years after Christianity. Yahweh was the popular reference point at the time but Islam had some doubts so they invested their version of Yahweh with some peculiar traits distinct from those of the Christian God.

Islam rejects the idea of a masculine God and that God could have a son. "Allah forbid that He Himself should beget a son....." Those who say: "The Lord of Mercy has begotten a son preach a monstrous falsehood....." (Koran 19: 29,88). Islam also does not accept the idea of God being a Trinity. "Allah is one and unique (Koran 5:70). But the Islamic God is an anthropomorphic deity who has ears, eyes, mouth, and hears, sees, speaks, knows things, and sits on the throne like the Jewish God Yahweh.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

At least give it a try. In fact i am ready to lecture you more,this time on African tradition. How our doctrine was converted to the jewish bible.

I suppose you are a black man and yet you are devoted to the jewish book as if it were original.

African tradition is in fact the original religion in the world. Why are there no Pyramids in the bible? That is enough evidence it aint original!

So in fact you are not an atheist... just someone who subscribes to another deity outside the christian and muslim tradition?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 17, 2013
Obviously a lot of confused christian will be up early this morning to go worship these deities . This is why we will remain behind for a long long long time

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:41am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

So in fact you are not an atheist... just someone who subscribes to another deity outside the christian and muslim tradition?

You need to debunk me...... I am still waiting.

I don't do any deity......they are all flesh and blood. Not worthy of worship

I believe in evolution and also know that a man whose closed minded or knows only his religion knows nothing
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: There were already humans on the planet even after the devastation that wiped out civilisations ,including dinorsears

These humans came from? Evidence?

ifeness:
The gods( they were called gods by primitive men who already existed,who had evolved after millions of years,who passed through evolution) came to our planet to add their DNA to humans.

They created an artifical DNA bank where they carried out experiments just like our scientists do today( this is a valid evidence

These "gods" came from? did they exist forever? Evidence?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

These humans came from? Evidence?

These "gods" came from? did they exist forever? Evidence?

I wanna believe they were time travellers from our future. Reason: if you travel at the speed of light, time will slow down big time. They have mastered this for billions of years and so could time travel back to us in the past. This is pure physics! You can check Einstein out on the law of relativity.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:02am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

I wanna believe they were time travellers from our future. Reason: if you travel at the speed of light, time will slow down big time. They have mastered this for billions of years and so could time travel back to us in the past. This is pure physics! You can check Einstein out on the law of relativity.

So in short you have zero evidence for this? In short you "believe" this largely by faith? So you think it is crazy to believe in God but makes perfect sense to believe in the theory of time travel?

And i'm supposed to respond to this like its some legitimate scientific fact?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Afam4eva(m): 5:09am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

Another coward crying into his tea about how atheists are "treated with disdain" in Nigeria. Tai Solarin founded an entire school based on his atheist beliefs... that school was feared in the 90s for producing some of the most brilliant minds in secondary school then. coupled with boys from Iganmode grammar school, they led Ogun State to JETS victory almost 6-7 times in a row then.

Fela was revered despite how much he mocked christians and muslims... your problem is that you do not have a cogent reason for your lack of belief... so of course you keep quiet to avoid exposing your lack of intelligence.
Fela and Soyinka are/were reverred because they represent something that the average Nigerian can relate with. Very few people knew/know about their religious belief. Logicboy is right. Nigerians can be very discriminative to people who hold believe in different gods not to talk of people who dn't believe in the existence of God.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ATMC(f): 5:10am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I've been reading science books for going on 15 yrs. The question is have YOU been reading them? What is new that you want to talk about?

and why is it taking codeaddict 20 yrs to provide us this "carefully and well-explained scientific process"?
may be he's taking a nap

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Fela and Soyinka are/were reverred because they represent something that the average Nigerian can relate with. Very few people knew/know about their religious belief. Logicboy is right. Nigerians can be very discriminative to people who hold believe in different gods not to talk of people who dn't believe in the existence of God.

the above is not true. You're not talking to some immigrant who has been to nigeria for a total of 10 mins all his life.

Fela's lack of religion was COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Particularly for those of us who knew his family history from Abeokuta. His father was a very popular reverend in the 40s (he was principal of Abeokuta grammar school) and still has a school named after him till today. The Kuti family were prominent Anglicans and everyone knew Fela was the only one in the family who first came out against organized religion.

Wole Soyinka also lives partially in Abeokuta (his house used to be on the road to my former secondary school then in the 90s)... and is a well-known secular humanist who once used to promote yoruba traditional deities.

Those who do not know their religious belief are just ignorant period and have no place at this debate.

To say nigerians are "discriminating" to atheists is just false. I grew up with atheists... i dont remember them complaining about discrimination. Besides, this does not even apply to logicboy, he has lived most of his life in the UK where discrimination of atheists doesnt really exist... so what is his problem? An atheist who is a UK citizen hiding his beliefs on the basis of some assumed discrimination IN NIGERIA is just a cowardly liar.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

So in short you have zero evidence for this? In short you "believe" this largely by faith? So you think it is crazy to believe in God but makes perfect sense to believe in the theory of time travel?

And i'm supposed to respond to this like its some legitimate scientific fact?

Is that what you call faith? Are you for real?!!

There are 2 types of evidence ; WRITTEN EVIDENCE and ARCHEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE.

WRITTEN EVIDENCE such as books like the dead sea scroll were written by the ancient describing what they saw or experienced. These are evidences that could be seen by the later. There are evidence on the walls of caves, the egyptians book describing gods travelling to earth with flying boats. The Dogons in Mali still worship thier gods who came from the sky. The yorubas,igbos claim their god came from the sky right. Those were the ancient beings who came to us in the ancients times.

Today our scientists travel out of this planet to mass and the moon right? In future time traveling will be possible. Nothing to do with miracle. I wont go into dimensions because you wont understand.

ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE. These are evidence that have beeb dug out and examined like the Pyramids,dinorsears ,mummies etc

You know you cant debunk me,you just looking for loop holes.

Everything written in the bible were related to physical beings from another world.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Is that what you call faith? Are you for real?!!

There are 2 types of evidence ; WRITTEN EVIDENCE and ARCHEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE.

WRITTEN EVIDENCE such as books like the dead sea scroll were written by the ancient describing what they saw or experienced. These are evidences that could be seen by the later. There are evidence on the walls of caves, the egyptians book describing gods travelling to earth with flying boats. The Dogons in Mali still worship thier gods who came from the sky. The yorubas,igbos claim their god came from the sky right. Those were the ancient beings who came to us in the ancients times.

Today our scientists travel out of this planet to mass and the moon right? In future time traveling will be possible. Nothing to do with miracle. I wont go into dimensions because you wont understand.

ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE. These are evidence that have beeb dug out and examined like the Pyramids,dinorsears ,mummies etc

You know you cant debunk me,you just looking for loop holes.

Everything written in the bible were related to physical beings from another world.

So what is the evidence (written of archaeological) for your time travel theory?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

Correct! We do not need to worship them because they spoke the truth. We can only be like them period! Not worship jesus because he asked us to love our neighbours.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

So what is the evidence (written of archaeological) for your time travel theory?

You cannot expect me to keep replying your one sentences. You do not understand time travel,how do i explain in a lame man's english to you.

I have debunked all the belief in worshiping the guys you think are gods. I need Goshen to tackle me ......i look forward to those bible verses of his
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

You cannot expect me to keep replying your one sentences. You do not understand time travel,how do i explain in a lame man's english to you.

I have debunked all the belief in worshiping the guys you think are gods. I need Goshen to tackle me ......i look forward to those bible verses of his

I am basically responding with one-liners because this is simply too ridiculous to waste energy on. what is your scientific evidence for time travel? That is a very simple question you should be able to answer.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I am basically responding with one-liners because this is simply too ridiculous to waste energy on. what is your scientific evidence for time travel? That is a very simple question you should be able to answer.

Obviously from another planet..... Where the bible claimed Elijah was taken to by the chariots of fire( space craft ).

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 17, 2013
@ david. Have you ever asked yourself where the supposed chariot of fire took Elijah?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Obviously from another planet..... Where the bible claimed Elijah was taken to by the chariots of fire( space craft ).

So the first humans on the planet time traveled from another planet? Did i get your correctly?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: @ david. Have you ever asked yourself where the supposed chariot of fire took Elijah?

I say heaven. What say you?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 17, 2013
@ david. Look at this picture.... Eziekel 1:6.

The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

That is what the time travelers used. Evidence in your bible wink

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 17, 2013
How do u expect this man to explain that craft? Remember there were no air planes and cars. Obviously he will call them chariot of fire

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: @ david. Look at this picture.... Eziekel 1:6.

The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

That is what the time travelers used. Evidence in your bible wink

So you do believe some portions of the bible (the parts that support your theory) but simply dismiss the part that talks about God... particularly Ezekiel 1:1 where Ezekiel himself makes it perfectly clear that the vision he was describing there was of God?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

So you do believe some portions of the bible (the parts that support your theory) but simply dismiss the part that talks about God... particularly Ezekiel 1:1 where Ezekiel himself makes it perfectly clear that the vision he was describing there was of God?
Thanks for admitting that your god is a Ufo......i did not want to say it earlier.

The Bible also defines the purpose of the cherubim (Ezek. 10:1) and the wheels under the platform of the gods( god according to primitive men) throne. Various parts of the Bible show that God, at times, comes to Earth (Psa. 18:10; Ezek. 10:1-22). When He does, He arrives sitting upon His throne. The angels carry His throne at “lightning speed” ( time traveler) (Ezek. 1:13) wherever God wishes to go.

Now how does it differ to the story of Oduduwa come from the sky or chukwu coming from the sky too. Do you agree with me now or you want me to show you more evidence?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 17, 2013
I am using the bible because that is the only book you read. I got other books that explained better. But i will only stick to the bible for the sake of this conversation
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:
Thanks for admitting that your god is a Ufo......i did not want to say it earlier.

The Bible also defines the purpose of the cherubim (Ezek. 10:1) and the wheels under the platform of the gods( god according to primitive men) throne. Various parts of the Bible show that God, at times, comes to Earth (Psa. 18:10; Ezek. 10:1-22). When He does, He arrives sitting upon His throne. The angels carry His throne at “lightning speed” ( time traveler) (Ezek. 1:13) wherever God wishes to go.

Now how does it differ to the story of Oduduwa come from the sky or chukwu coming from the sky too. Do you agree with me now or you want me to show you more evidence?

This is the third time i am asking... where is your empirical evidence for time travel? All you've done is quote bible verses even though you told us on page 1 that only uneducated people read them... now you are quoting Ezekiel as proof for time travel? Really?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: I am using the bible because that is the only book you read. I got other books that explained better. But i will only stick to the bible for the sake of this conversation

So the bible contains evidence for your time travel hallucinations?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 17, 2013
I can also bring out evidence in the quo ran grin. He plenty for there. Mumu muslims are also worshiping aliens
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

So the bible contains evidence for your time travel hallucinations?

You need me to bring out more?

Like i said, the bible was re written from scrolls years older. Do you want to know the facts about the nephilims? They were the children or offpring of the artificial insemenation of human and alien DNA
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 17, 2013
I WON !! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Names Of God And Their Meanings / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56